[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick just doesn't get it....

tazinib1

Dude..shut up already.

Some people are there own worst enemy. Hey about this..no more interviews unless its about the Eagles??? Huh??? Yeah???

I'm not trying to defend him...not in any way shape or form. But I can't except his previous statements about remorse when he goes and makes assinine comments for internet rags.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap. For those of you who think Vick is a changed man and gets it now - think again.

This may sound crazy, but in redrafts leagues I'd start moving Vick down after seeing this. Playing the victim and making this all sound so harmless shows that he's moving back into what comes natural to him - being a punk and a worthless human being. That seems like a risk for spreading into his professional life.

While I think this is a dumb thing to say, and shows he hasn't learned anything or changed one bit, there's other interesting stuff coming from this interview:

"I think I can say this now, because it's not going to hurt anybody's feelings, and it's the truth," Vick tells me a few weeks after the commencement ceremony. "I didn't want to come to Philadelphia. Being the third-team quarterback is nothing to smile about. Cincinnati and Buffalo were better options." Those two teams wanted him and would've allowed him to start, but after meeting with commissioner Roger Goodell and other reps from the NFL, Vick was convinced—and granted league approval—to sign with Philly. "And I commend and thank them, because they put me in the right situation."

Interview Excerpt

There is a HUGH problem if anybody at the league level had ANYTHING to do with where Vick signed out of prison. Pushing a player to sign with a certain team of others is unacceptable! I hope the league answers some questions about this.

While I think this is a dumb thing to say, and shows he hasn't learned anything or changed one bit, there's other interesting stuff coming from this interview:

"I think I can say this now, because it's not going to hurt anybody's feelings, and it's the truth," Vick tells me a few weeks after the commencement ceremony. "I didn't want to come to Philadelphia. Being the third-team quarterback is nothing to smile about. Cincinnati and Buffalo were better options." Those two teams wanted him and would've allowed him to start, but after meeting with commissioner Roger Goodell and other reps from the NFL, Vick was convinced—and granted league approval—to sign with Philly. "And I commend and thank them, because they put me in the right situation."

Interview Excerpt

There is a HUGH problem if anybody at the league level had ANYTHING to do with where Vick signed out of prison. Pushing a player to sign with a certain team of others is unacceptable! I hope the league answers some questions about this.

Well hey the NFL is a business built on entertainment. Vick is an employee of this business so he has to do what they tell him.

When others bailed on Vick I picked him up and stashed him on my dynasty rosters. As soon as he showed promise as a player I traded him for quite a value upgrade over the minimal free agent dollars spent to get him. The reason I did so is I believed him very likely to screw up yet again. Remember, beyond the dogs Vick also likes to smoke it up and to treat women with disrespect. He seems to need the afirmation of adoring idiots who will enable his worse impulses. Great success on the field is not affirmation enough for him. He needs to live in the "fast lane" off the field. This is a recipe for failure.

I'm not defending this interview nor Vick, but in all honesty, the context of this interview or at least the take from this initial interview is there was an absolute agenda associated with it. Some of the sound bites sound ludicrous, but were these just context blurbs?

Be careful what you read. Anyone can make anyone look however they want solely on the context of the snippets they take.

Edited by BearBroncos

I'd consider the source before I took these allegations too seriously.

Dude..shut up already.

Some people are there own worst enemy. Hey about this..no more interviews unless its about the Eagles??? Huh??? Yeah???

I'm not trying to defend him...not in any way shape or form. But I can't except his previous statements about remorse when he goes and makes assinine comments for internet rags.

That article is complete bull@*#! . Written by a guy with an agenda. His agenda is to get his website high volume....and guess what

he did his job ! That site will have a huge volume of hits this week and all the major news and sports sites will be talking about it,giving it even more publicity.

Its kind of like on the "tonite show" where jay will take an interview by the president and insert his own questions to the answers

the president gave to the original intereviewer.....the whole article is taken out of context....For the record I dont like vick. what he did was wrong . He served his punishment and is now free to do what he wants. We here in America sometimes get second chances thats the beauty of our great country. God Bless America !

That article is complete bull@*#! . Written by a guy with an agenda. His agenda is to get his website high volume....and guess what

he did his job ! That site will have a huge volume of hits this week and all the major news and sports sites will be talking about it,giving it even more publicity.

Cite where Vick was misquoted or taken out of context, please.

Cite where Vick was misquoted or taken out of context, please.

Do you have the transcript of the entire interview?

Again, not defending him or discrediting the interview. I'm merely stating that many such interviews are taken out of context and without the entire transcript, they've could have been talking about Dog the bounty hunter for all I know... That was sarcasm BTW (Dog the bounty hunter that is) :wacko:

Do you have the transcript of the entire interview?

Again, not defending him or discrediting the interview. I'm merely stating that many such interviews are taken out of context and without the entire transcript, they've could have been talking about Dog the bounty hunter for all I know... That was sarcasm BTW (Dog the bounty hunter that is) :wacko:

I asked a simple question. There is a claim that the reporter abused Vick's actual statements for his own aggrandizement and I asked for him to support his claims. I do this because I do not find Vick credible in the least and the quotes in the article aren't just little snipped phrases but rather multiple full sentences. I also do not believe that the reporter misquoted Vick.

FWIW, I also think Vick is and always has been a piece of trash (and that's being tolerant), and if a reporter is going to tear him down after all the feel-good crap we've seen in the past 8 months, +/- I'm all for it.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Oh give me a break. Yes I agree he needs to keep his mouth shut and just play football, but some of y'all are just waiting to jump on Vick for anything he says or does...

What was so bad about what he said? Seems to me the point he's trying to make is that it wasn't just an isolated thing Vick was involved in, it's totally a cultural thing, which I can attest to, knowing people who've rescued a number pitbulls from fighting rings... So basically his point is that while most people have dogs, poor people FIGHT dogs for money... What's untrue about that, and why shouldn't he let people know it's a societal thing where he wasn't the only one? He did say "I know that it's wrong. But people act like it's some crazy thing they never heard of. They don't know."

All this is is a case of a man trying to make people understand how he could do such heinous things, but he's already owned up to it before now and payed for it, so why not make people understand? It isn't like he had to do that, or anything, when he's already getting paid again (and honestly I think that's what really irks some of you more than the statements).

And yes, Bronco Billy, just like the interview where they asked Eli if he compared himself to Tom Brady, and then only published his answer to make him sound conceited, this is a clear case of taking the guy out of context to gain ratings, because well, readers like you are jumping all over the opportunity to complain about it...

Edited by delusions of granduer

Oh give me a break. Yes I agree he needs to keep his mouth shut and just play football, but some of y'all are just waiting to jump on Vick for anything he says or does...

What was so bad about what he said? Seems to me the point he's trying to make is that it wasn't just an isolated thing Vick was involved in, it's totally a cultural thing, which I can attest to, knowing people who've rescued a number pitbulls from fighting rings... So basically his point is that while most people have dogs, poor people FIGHT dogs for money... What's untrue about that, and why shouldn't he let people know it's a societal thing where he wasn't the only one? He did say "I know that it's wrong. But people act like it's some crazy thing they never heard of. They don't know."

All this is is a case of a man trying to make people understand how he could do such heinous things, but he's already owned up to it before now and payed for it, so why not make people understand? It isn't like he had to do that, or anything, when he's already getting paid again (and honestly I think that's what really irks some of you more than the statements).

And yes, Bronco Billy, just like the interview where they asked Eli if he compared himself to Tom Brady, and then only published his answer to make him sound conceited, this is a clear case of taking the guy out of context to gain ratings, because well, readers like you are jumping all over the opportunity to complain about it...

Read the entire article, it's up at QG. Nothing is taken out of context. Every question and his response is right there for you to read.

Read the entire article, it's up at QG. Nothing is taken out of context. Every question and his response is right there for you to read.

Okay I will, but I don't think I'm the one who took out of context. I actually tried to read what he was saying and try to understand why he was saying it, rather than like the Yahoo writer who just had tunnel-vision to jump all over anything he could... The context was him explaining that it is a cultural thing that most people don't understand happens, no?

But yes, I'll read it before opining too much, but I still don't see much there to get all in a tizzy about...

Edited by delusions of granduer

Okay I will, but I don't think I'm the one who took out of context. I actually tried to read what he was saying and try to understand why he was saying it, rather than like the Yahoo writer who just had tunnel-vision to jump all over anything he could... The context was him explaining that it is a cultural thing that most people don't understand happens, no?

But yes, I'll read it before opining too much, but I still don't see much there to get all in a tizzy about...

It's like sitting in your home watching a mob of people with torches go after Frankenstein because he said a word in English.

Interview Excerpt

I don't think Goodell or others really were wrong by swaying Vick one way or the other. You allow him to go to Cincinnati or Buffalo as a starter and you just hand him is old life style back. Buffalo's and Cin's coaches wouldn't have any control over Vick and what he did on or off the field. For christ sakes look at Ocho and T.O. Regardless, they probably wanted him to go into a system with a very respectable coach and an organization who's not going to take his garbage.

I don't think Goodell or others really were wrong by swaying Vick one way or the other. You allow him to go to Cincinnati or Buffalo as a starter and you just hand him is old life style back. Buffalo's and Cin's coaches wouldn't have any control over Vick and what he did on or off the field. For christ sakes look at Ocho and T.O. Regardless, they probably wanted him to go into a system with a very respectable coach and an organization who's not going to take his garbage.

None of this is for the league to decide. Period. Name me one other time in the history of the NFL where the league office hand picked what team a player would go to?

If the coaches at Buf and Cin have no control over their players, why doesn't the league step in and tell the team to get new coaches? How would that be any different?

If this is true, the league will have some serious explaining to do.