[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick just doesn't get it....

tazinib1

Bronco Billy, are you black? Do you know a black person or call a black person a friend? Do you know anyone who is below the poverty line or was below the poverty line? Did you grow up in the inner city somewhere? Do you know someone who did? I find your comments and hatred towards Mike Vick incredibly insensitive. If you're expecting "more" of your fellow human being, than I should be able to expect the idea of forgiveness and redemption and the idea that a man can grow and become miles and miles better than he once was. This is the problem with the real "Mike Vick Experience."

:wacko:not black, grew up in Appleton WI

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to admit, you actually provided a brilliant example of taking ones stance out of context. DoG never made any such claim as you mentioned but based upon how you translated his stance, you made him to appear that he's an advocate of crime... LOL.

Seriously?

What was so bad about what he said? Seems to me the point he's trying to make is that it wasn't just an isolated thing Vick was involved in, it's totally a cultural thing, which I can attest to, knowing people who've rescued a number pitbulls from fighting rings... So basically his point is that while most people have dogs, poor people FIGHT dogs for money... What's untrue about that, and why shouldn't he let people know it's a societal thing where he wasn't the only one? He did say "I know that it's wrong. But people act like it's some crazy thing they never heard of. They don't know."
Edited by Bronco Billy

the guy is just sick in the head and a piece of garbage human.. if the culture he grew up around thinks it's okay to kill and torture dogs, then they're all sick in the head too and quite honestly, are worthless humans who deserve put down themselves. you can't even call what they do animal-like behavior, doing so would be an insult to animals. animals don't even torture each other. when they kill or harm each other, they do so for survival.

There are a ton of sick people in the world in the past and present.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.p...toryId=12108421

What is the issue with saying there is a societal problem with something like dogfighting? Women are sex slaves in many parts of the world. That is a fact. That is accepted in those areas. But that doesn't make it right. It's still a problem and still is disgusting.

Bronco Billy, are you black? Do you know a black person or call a black person a friend? Do you know anyone who is below the poverty line or was below the poverty line? Did you grow up in the inner city somewhere? Do you know someone who did? I find your comments and hatred towards Mike Vick incredibly insensitive. If you're expecting "more" of your fellow human being, than I should be able to expect the idea of forgiveness and redemption and the idea that a man can grow and become miles and miles better than he once was. This is the problem with the real "Mike Vick Experience."

So I can't identify scum when I see it, or am I only qualified to identify white scum? Or maybe only white middle class scum? Or maybe white middle class male scum?

I have had numerous black friends. Part of my work as I put myself through college involved working in the Core in Milwaukee. I also used to go down to the Core regularly when I was in high school to learn how to play street ball. One of my closest friends in college was a black kid from a poor neighborhood - who also happened to be one of the finest human beings I've ever met.

What's your point? That poor people or black people can not help themselves from committing crimes or that antisocial behavior by them is more acceptable, but that I couldn't possibly know that because of my race?

Edited by Bronco Billy

Seriously?

:wacko: Check the part you neglected to bold "I know it's wrong"... If awareness about the bigger problem can come out of his scummy actions, then I think that's a GREAT thing, no matter whether he's being sincere or not... We can't change what he and his cronies did, but we can at least try toraise awareness for others not to take part in it.

Kind of ironic though, that you're using my statements about personally knowing pitbull rescues as ammo for me somehow condoning it. I have 2 shelter rescues myself...

But obviously all these others aren't just fighting dogs because of Michael Vick. It's a culture that needs to change.

Edited by delusions of granduer

What's your point? That poor people or black people can not help themselves from committing crimes or that antisocial behavior by them is more acceptable, but that I couldn't possibly know that because of my race?

It isn't just coincedence that there's a heavy correlation between poverty and crime. Yes people should still have personal responsibility, but go ask a sociologist, psychologist, crimonologist or anyone qualified if environmental factors contribute to deviant behavior. The absolutely do.

So I can't identify scum when I see it, or am I only qualified to identify white scum? Or maybe only white middle class scum? Or maybe white middle class male scum?

I have had numerous black friends. Part of my work as I put myself through college involved working in the Core in Milwaukee. I also used to go down to the Core regularly when I was in high school to learn how to play street ball. One of my closest friends in college was a black kid from a poor neighborhood - who also happened to be one of the finest human beings I've ever met.

Dude, did I say you can't identify scum? Stop coming up with your own conclusions and assumptions. Obviously I'm not the only one here who feels that way, it's pretty ridiculous.

My point is once scum always scum? Do you believe that? I'll take your lead and say that is what you believe. But wait, I don't want to stoop to your level so let me take that comment back. :wacko:

Dude, did I say you can't identify scum? Stop coming up with your own conclusions and assumptions. Obviously I'm not the only one here who feels that way, it's pretty ridiculous.

My point is once scum always scum? Do you believe that? I'll take your lead and say that is what you believe. But wait, I don't want to stoop to your level so let me take that comment back. :wacko:

:tup:

You throw your whole "are you black" argument out there, get called on it because it's patently racist, and then retreat to this?

Vick's statements show what he's about. He put up a pretty good sham to get himself back into the NFL, though - I'll give him that.

Seriously?

Yes, seriously. I was refering to your rebuttal here.

So your position is that crime is okay as long as you have a tough upbringing? I'd also venture that most poor people abhor Vick for what he did for dogs, rather than torture them as you seem to think poor people do to amuse themselves.

do any of you really believe he would go all anti-dogfighting on us if he wasn't a high profile NFL QB with millions of sponsorship dollars at stake? it's like dangling millions and millions of dollars in front of a convicted thief fresh out of prison and telling him he can have it all if he takes a public stance against theft and never steals again.

do any of you really believe he would go all anti-dogfighting on us if he wasn't a high profile NFL QB with millions of sponsorship dollars at stake? it's like dangling millions and millions of dollars in front of a convicted thief fresh out of prison and telling him he can have it all if he takes a public stance against theft and never steals again.

I could care less. He served his time and as long as he never does it again, the alternate history/future does not make a difference.

Dang!!! I lied on that being my last post... :wacko:

Yes, seriously. I was refering to your rebuttal here.

Is he or is he not putting Vick's behavior as being normal because of cultural and economic reasons? Look at the paragraph that I quoted verbatim and the bold italicized parts - which are in context given the whole paragraph and the tortured point he is trying to make.

All you Ginsuing haters need to look at yourselves in the mirror and stop being Chia Pets. The guys has served his Ginsuing time and to be honest this SHAM WOW! is getting awfully repetitive. The douchebags that keep brining this up need to shut the Ginsu up and move on. JMO.

:wacko:

You throw your whole "are you black" argument out there, get called on it because it's patently racist, and then retreat to this?

Vick's statements show what he's about. He put up a pretty good sham to get himself back into the NFL, though - I'll give him that.

What did I retreat to exactly? If you're calling me racist, then I take great offense to that. I am a colored person so that comment is not taken lightly.

And you still haven't pointed out what Vick statements you are referring to exactly. SHOW IT MAN and don't you dare call me racist.

Edited by Goopster24