[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick just doesn't get it....

tazinib1

Damn. Wouldn't want to make a mistake around you. Guess you don't believe in people fixing themselves. That's fine, to each his own!

A mistake is something you do by accident or perhaps carelessness. You dont usually set out to make a mistake. Vick's involvement in dogfighting was a conscious choice that says a whole lot about what kind of person he is. Fixing himself? Hogwash. Had he not been caught, he would be running the show at BNK right now. I would be my life on it.

What in Vick's quotes do you perceive as his having fixed himself? He's back to taking no personal responsibility for his actions.

You make a "mistake" - own it. And some "mistakes" transcend simply obliterating them from memory just because someone has been through the justice system and taken some punishment. That doesn't wipe the slate completely clean.

Exactly

Bronco Billy, are you black? Do you know a black person or call a black person a friend? Do you know anyone who is below the poverty line or was below the poverty line? Did you grow up in the inner city somewhere? Do you know someone who did? I find your comments and hatred towards Mike Vick incredibly insensitive. If you're expecting "more" of your fellow human being, than I should be able to expect the idea of forgiveness and redemption and the idea that a man can grow and become miles and miles better than he once was. This is the problem with the real "Mike Vick Experience."

I cant believe you went here. You should really be embarassed. :tup:

You're giving Vick/black/poor people a pass on what they do because of the culture/society they come from, but then expect BB to be sympathic even though the culture and society he comes from thinks dogfighting is awful? You're using as much of a double-standard as anyone else you're accusing of it.

Vick went to college, right? Safe to say he was around at least some decent people at VT, right? And there have to be some quality people in the NFL circles that Vick comes in contact with. If hanging around a bad crowd can make you bad so easily, why doesnt hanging around good people make you good? Or, at least, better? :wacko:

And (again) you seem awfully sure Vick is "miles and miles better than he once was" What makes you so sure?

You pulled the "race card," or to be more specific, the "black card" (as we so commonly see it used exclusively when referring to black people these days, though oddly never for latinos, asians, native americans or other ethnic minorities who have ultimately come from difficult backgrounds as well). It's a classic example of modern day reverse racism, ie if you're not black you can't possibly know what it's like to be black, as though that would excuse one's behavior so much as one iota even if it were true. But that whole line of reasoning seems to always be aimed at white people, as though we are supposed to feel guilty for what other white people in past generations have done to other black people in past generations and excuse some wrongful argument or behavior because of it. I'm no more responsible for what some white schmuck did back then than I am for what some other guy with brown eyes did, or some other guy from New Hampshire, or who's 5'9, or has a father with the name Robert or dog by the name of Harlo.

Martin Luther kind was black and lived in a much more difficult period of time for black people/went through a lot more than Vick and his spoiled with talent and athletic ability self ever did. Pretty sure I never read of him ever electing to abuse helpless animals for entertainment purposes. Don't think he ever went by the name "Ron Mexico" either.

:lol:

I'm with you .... after reading what he was capable of doing to those dogs I don't for a minute buy that he believes what he did was wrong. The simple fact that he was capable of such acts speaks volumes to me about his character. The only 'regret' I believe he feels is that he got caught and had to go to jail.

The only thing I believe Vick learned out of all this is how to manipulate the media so as to represent himself as a reformed "dog lover". I'm not buying it, nor will I ever buy it. He wouldn't be the first public persona to wear a false facade in public, nor will he be the last.

I'm not sure how the color of his skin has anything to do with his character (or lack thereof) or his behavior. It seems to me like the introduction of the color of his skin into this argument is a weak attempt to excuse his character/behavior in some way - or possibly an attempt to deflect away from the discussion at hand.

I will give Vick this much ... apparently, for some unknown reason, his time in prison was instrumental in teaching him how to actually play the position of QB

Precisely

a mistake is 2+2 is 5. he didnt make a mistaske, that was a long hx of abhoribble behavior. But he would like a dog, please, he should never be given the privilege of owning a dog. When my dog got attacked by the mastiff and I heard the screaming and absolute agony he suffered, I dont see any possible way of getting enjoyment out of that.

BINGO!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have spent most of my career dealing with criminals. Criminals learn the rap, the patter, of repentance and rehabilitation, and can spout it when the need arises at sentencing hearings and parole hearings. The fact that they spout the sentiments one might wish to hear from a person who has seen the light and turned over a new leaf does not, however, demonstrate a change of heart. The words are easy in guarded and planned moments. I do not judge on words easily spewed in such moments. I wait for actions and unguarded words to take the measure of a man. Under scrutiny Vick was able to parrot the words of repentance

In this interview Vick was not wholly off his guard, but was to a certain extent. The SHAM WOW! storm of his dog fighting may have blown over, but the air still smells of farts around him. His guard was lowered but not dropped Semi-guarded instead of on full guard he seems to show a lack of appreciation for his position. He shows a lack of appreciation for the perception people have of him. He shows a lack of understanding of the limb some have crawled out on with him to give him his third or forth chance.

This is only one data point. It is not enough for me to make any global assessments. It is, however, enough to raise a red flag.

Of course I am culturally ignorant and an insensitive racist with personal animus against the man, even though I have never met him. If my mind were not so tightly closed my ignorance could flow out and fill the Grand Canyon.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

you know what makes me sick? yesterday and now today, there have been two articles side-by-side on the front page of Yahoo.. one was about that piece of human trash.. the other was this - http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/man-be...-175219915.html

it makes me sick to my stomach knowing that sick Ginsuk is walking around living the good life; and has people actually feeling sorry for, defending, and worshiping him. meanwhile that great and well-loved soldier lost his life fighting for us, and the only reason anyone outside of his community, friends, and family know his name is because of his canine best friend. sad.

yeah.. dogs are just stupid, brainless animals who don't know anything... poor Vick has been through so much and deserves a second chance and everyone's support. i'd get more satisfaction watching that piece of SHAM WOW! having his leg snapped in two than watching the Steelers win the Super Bowl.

Edited by jjpro11