[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What to eat with new dentures?

tazinib1

The blender is your friend. You can make soups from just about every fruit and vegetable there is. Vichyssoise is potato based and can be very filling. Carrot soup is cool. I've made cold watermelon, peach and plum soups in the past.

The blender is your friend. You can make soups from just about every fruit and vegetable there is. Vichyssoise is potato based and can be very filling. Carrot soup is cool. I've made cold watermelon, peach and plum soups in the past.

I don't have a blender but I might have to go out and purchase one. Thanks Kid.

Good idea. Do they have flavored shakes or does it taste nasty.

As for this, whey comes in all sorts of flavors, but I suggest shopping at a local vitamin/nutrition store. GNC is way overpriced and you can usually get stuff for about half of what GNC is looking for elsewhere.

As for brands/flavors, all person specific, but I really like Dymatize. I use their banana cream flavored whey protein as I can handle it just in water (not great that way), it tastes good in orange juice and as it is not an overwhelming flavor, you can add it to milk with some chocolate syrup for a chocolate/banana shake.

Labarada Nutrition has a good tasting Chocolate Milkshake flavor.

As for this, whey comes in all sorts of flavors, but I suggest shopping at a local vitamin/nutrition store. GNC is way overpriced and you can usually get stuff for about half of what GNC is looking for elsewhere.

As for brands/flavors, all person specific, but I really like Dymatize. I use their banana cream flavored whey protein as I can handle it just in water (not great that way), it tastes good in orange juice and as it is not an overwhelming flavor, you can add it to milk with some chocolate syrup for a chocolate/banana shake.

Labarada Nutrition has a good tasting Chocolate Milkshake flavor.

Are those drinks typically filling? I mean could you substitute a drink or two for a meal?

Are those drinks typically filling? I mean could you substitute a drink or two for a meal?

Meh, not incredibly filling, but it helps if you mix it with milk rather than water (you could also maybe add bananas or something as mentioned above). I haven't drinken a protein shake in a while, but the GNC vanilla was actually pretty good...

Gazpacho is another "soup" that is pretty good - just think of it as salsa blended a little bit more - tomatoes, cukes, onions, garlic....though come to think of it, something that healthy might kill Taz.

If you dont have any powder (mix for shakes) get some milk, peanut butter, banana and some oatmeal and throw that in a blender for breakfast. it will be good. I call it the elvis

That sounds pretty good, also works for a post workout recovery drink.

Mashed potatos and gravy. What is also delicious is mashed sweet potatos with buttter

Had that last night as a matter of fact. :wacko:

Meh, not incredibly filling, but it helps if you mix it with milk rather than water (you could also maybe add bananas or something as mentioned above). I haven't drinken a protein shake in a while, but the GNC vanilla was actually pretty good...

That sounds delicious!!

Gazpacho is another "soup" that is pretty good - just think of it as salsa blended a little bit more - tomatoes, cukes, onions, garlic....though come to think of it, something that healthy might kill Taz.

:lol:

I usually drink a muscle milk everyday after I work out. There are also a good meal substitute.

You can pick up a case at Costco . . .

Going to pick up a case today!! :tup:

I don't have a blender but I might have to go out and purchase one. Thanks Kid.

First of all, what kind of professional boozehound doesn't have a blender? :lol:

And secondly, what to eat with dentures? I dunno, anything Denny's serves right after the Matlock marathon? :wacko:

:tup:

First of all, what kind of professional boozehound doesn't have a blender? :lol:

And secondly, what to eat with dentures? I dunno, anything Denny's serves right after the Matlock marathon? :wacko:

:tup:

I think Taz is more of a "Murder She Wrote" kinda fan . . . .:rofl:

Do ya like oatmeal Taz?

started a new job this week and really haven't been around much..... anything soft or mushy should be fine for you. as mentioned, things you can blend will work. soups with few chunky items, mashed potatoes, pudding, jello, oatmeal, grits, polenta, guacamole, soft serve ice cream, apple sauce, yogurt, possibly rice dishes (risotto), frozen pops,.

started a new job this week and really haven't been around much..... anything soft or mushy should be fine for you. as mentioned, things you can blend will work. soups with few chunky items, mashed potatoes, pudding, jello, oatmeal, grits, polenta, guacamole, soft serve ice cream, apple sauce, yogurt, possibly rice dishes (risotto), frozen pops,.

Thanks Mike....I actually was able to smash a bag of Top Ramen into crumbs and cook it that way. Had little problems with that.