[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Multiple online drafts at the same time

MTSuper7

So, I'm in a situation where two of the three leagues I'm in are drafting on the same night. I've never had to do this before. My auction league draft starts at 7:00, and my competitive work league starts at 8:45. The auction won't be done with by 8:45, and being that it's an auction, I'm really concerned that I just won't be able to manage a second draft effectively. I think it'd be different if one wasn't an auction, but the idea that I could make a mistake or miss out on an opportunity is bothering me. Not sure if I should just quit one of the leagues, but I really don't want to. Anyone else ever been stuck trying to draft two leagues at once? Is it doable, especially when one is an auction league?

TIA

-MT

Sounds like an excuse to make sure you're prepared going in. One of the best teams I ever drafted happened under a less than ideal situation. It was happening on a Friday night and I had to work the line at my restaurant. The draft was a live draft that was happening at the office next door to my restaurant so I had a kid who worked for me act as a runner. I did all my thinking and over thinking as I put together my cheat sheet and told myself that I'd treat it like gospel (I also traded with the guy at the last pick so I could pick twice in a row every time, but that's neither here nor there). At any rate. The kid was just in charge of crossing off names and running back to me in the kitchen with the list.

I didn't have time to dick around with who I should take. Unless I had a damned good reason to go out of my order, I didn't. I just grabbed the two highest guys on my list and got back to work. Gave each pick less than 10 seconds of thought because I'd already done any obsessing I was going to do. That probably saved me from getting cute a number of times. My team ended up being stacked and I won the league that year.

The good news is that your auction should be starting to wrap up and your draft will just be getting started, which means two things. One, you're only going to be faced with this situation for a bit and two, you're going to be at a stage in the later draft where there's less excuse to deviate from your rankings. I mean, who do you have higher? Calvin Johnson or Mendenhall? Figure it out now, so you don't have to then. Do you want to make sure you get out of the 1st two rounds with 1RB? 2RBs? Figure that out now, so you don't have to then.

Ultimately, you may be glad you're in this position because it's going to force you to be disciplined in your draft.