[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New Auction Strategy...well maybe new to me

NOSaint237

I play in multiple auction leagues and the commisioner of one in particular is back to back champs and is a perennial contender. We use poster boards so everyone has clear view on players selected and pts remaining for each team. It just hit me that he keeps the poster boards and uses the previous years draft day results to evaluate habits of particular owners.

Long story short, I already requested and received scans of them and I've determined general drafting strategies for the different owners. We have a consistent group so it should have some value. I know who likes to wait and build a "value" team and who likes to splurge on a couple of studs.

I intend to start a collection of yearly auction results to try to develop drafting habits of other teams.

Again, I'm probably late to the game so don't laugh if you've already used this. Just though it'd help out others who may have not thought of it yet.

I play in multiple auction leagues and the commisioner of one in particular is back to back champs and is a perennial contender. We use poster boards so everyone has clear view on players selected and pts remaining for each team. It just hit me that he keeps the poster boards and uses the previous years draft day results to evaluate habits of particular owners.

Long story short, I already requested and received scans of them and I've determined general drafting strategies for the different owners. We have a consistent group so it should have some value. I know who likes to wait and build a "value" team and who likes to splurge on a couple of studs.

I intend to start a collection of yearly auction results to try to develop drafting habits of other teams.

Again, I'm probably late to the game so don't laugh if you've already used this. Just though it'd help out others who may have not thought of it yet.

Makes sense. I'm surprised no one in your league thought of this before.

I've tried it in my standard draft league and my fellow leage-mates have no rhyme or reason or pattern to drafting. Most change their 'strategy' every year(not sure if they all have strategies, but that's what I'll stick with). Although, I must say, my brother drafts 5 Rb's out of the first 6 or 7 picks every year. He's made the playoffs maybe once or twice in 10 years. Now he's having my 12 year old nephew draft for him. I expect he will make the playoffs this year!

This is always a must.

In fact the new league I joined this year, I printed off the rosters of each owner the last 3 years and watched trends.

Will also help with trade offers as well when you know players that owner covet.