[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick's performance last nite...is Why!

Slugs3511

You do not take a QB in round 1 or 2, period.....yes when he is good, he will be good, but not overwhelmingly better than others at that position...

Who agrees, disagrees....thanks...

Agree, and not only is the position deep with comparable guys, but you're going to take a hit to either your RBs or WRs too... So unless that QB scores so greatly over the others and isn't just "above average", then you've screwed yourself in 2 places.

Great points there, Slugs! I really love hearing people talk about taking Vick or any QB in the first round. I just sit back and collect the stud running backs and receivers that will win me some money. Vick is not that good. He will not replicate what he did last year. He caught lightning in a bottle, but will not do it again.

I dunno. Seems to me a lot more teams were in the fantasy playoffs that had Rodgers, Manning and Brady than had Ryan, Schaub and Roethlisberger. I will out-draft guys at WR and RB. It is a lot harder to do at QB. This season is a little different because there are legitimately six guys that are basically 1a,b,c,d,e and f, so you might be able to get one of them in the 3rd. I will be drafting one of those top 6 QB's this season.

Edited by Seahawks21

Ummm, I don't think he was saying that a bad preseason performance correlates to bad regular season performance, but more of an example of how that coveted 1st/2nd round QB is still capable of stinkers, and might not be worth the pick... I think it's a good point, when so many even knowledgeable owners always seem to come in here with the "QBs score the most points" pitfall.

It doesn't appear that he meant that the game was a premonition or anything, like some of you are suggesting...

Edited by delusions of granduer

Ummm, I don't think he was saying that a bad preseason performance correlates to bad regular season performance, but more of an example of how that coveted 1st/2nd round QB is still capable of stinkers, and might not be worth the pick... I think it's a good point, when so many even knowledgeable owners always seem to come in here with the "QBs score the most points" pitfall.

It doesn't appear that he meant that the game was a premonition or anything, like some of you are suggesting...

Right. Its not like the title of the thread says

Vick's performance last nite...is Why!

or anything.

You do not take a QB in round 1 or 2, period.....yes when he is good, he will be good, but not overwhelmingly better than others at that position...

Who agrees, disagrees....thanks...

In the second preseason game of 2010, the Eagles played the Cincinatti Bungholes.

Vicks stats:

Completions/Attempts: 1/5

Total Passing Yards: 6

Number of Times Sacked: 3

Total Interceptions: 2

Total Passing Touchdowns: 0

Total Rushing Attempts: 3

Total Rushing Yards: 34

Total Rushing Touchdowns: 0

Total Fumbles: 0

That was coming off a game where he looked a bit sharper.

These games mean nothing. In fact, I am willing to bet that Andy Reid and coaches knew exactly what they were doing. Reid rarely shows his cards in preseason and uses the games as just another practice and not a chance to win. Yeah they sucked, as Reid said post game, but I don't think he was all that concerned.

So, Vick has almost mirrored his preseason play from last year so far. If that is the case, I am looking forward to another good year.

Ultimately, where you take a QB depends on your league's scoring. In my league, it makes sense to take one early. Especially one like Vick.

I dunno. Seems to me a lot more teams were in the fantasy playoffs that had Rodgers, Manning and Brady than had Ryan, Schaub and Roethlisberger. I will out-draft guys at WR and RB. It is a lot harder to do at QB. This season is a little different because there are legitimately six guys that are basically 1a,b,c,d,e and f, so you might be able to get one of them in the 3rd. I will be drafting one of those top 6 QB's this season.

exactly....the only position that has players that are pretty much a given is QB because even top RB's slide off or get hurt at a faster rate and you always find a great RB later in the draft.....with QB's it's not so easy...

I feel like I should lock down a top 5 QB and a top 5 WR early and then rely on my knowledge to fill the rest out in the later rounds especially since the run on RB's isn't what happens anymore in the 1st two rounds....3-4 years ago you get burned by this, but not right now...

give me Rodgers, RWhite, Blount, Mathews and Ingram in the 1st 5 rounds and I am a happy man....even just 4 of them will suffice...and then I round out the rest of the roster with depth and upside...

I don't know, it seems like every position is really deep this year. At QB, RB and WR there about eight players that I'd feel comfortable having as my #1 at the position, it all depends on the draft and what order they get selected.

That would be great if you are in an 8 team league.

That would be great if you are in an 8 team league.

My main league is a 12 team keeper, my work league is 10 team year.

I know that "fantasy pros" on message boreds everywhere like to play like they got the golden rankings that should be taken as gospel...but compare that high and mighty list to the rankings at the end of the season; it's not even close.

I think this year each position is about eight deep with players that have a decent chance at being in the top three at the end of the season. Whether or not the guy you pick ends up being one of them is just blind luck.

QB: Rodgers, Vick, Brees, Manning, Brady, Rivers, Romo, Roethlisberger

RB: AP, Foster, Johnson, Rice, Charles, Mendenhall, McCoy, McFadden

WR: White, AJohnson, CJohnson, VJax, Wallace, Nicks, Fitz, Gennings