[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just when I was about to Keep P. Manning...

Dcat

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The MAIN thing to worry about Peyton Manning is the very thing that almost cost me the championship gane 2 years ago......the risk of he being rested/benched weeks 15 and/or 16! He may suffer a slow start even if he doesn't miss a game but by October he'll be a STUD again. Just hope Colts don't already clinch anything until the final week.

Also, if Peyton ever is out, we will for sure see just how VALUABLE a QB he is to his offense! Forget about Painter, no other QB, good or great, can just hop behind center and run that offense like he has.

That is funny . . . as I think he tore his ACL a month or two ago. That guy is the most injury prone person . . .:wacko:

He plans to skip the 2011 season while he recovers from shoulder and knee injuries and will work for Fox Sports as an analyst.

More brilliant counterpoint.

It's OK to admit you're incapable of intelligent discussion. Admitting you have a problem is the first step.

I've already made my point in this thread. Peyton Manning will be fine. I'm sorry you're a little slow.

I wouldn't be surprised if he had a slow start like that... 08 or 09 season.

In fact I'd bench manning and play my backup (which would be decent if i draft manning) ....

..And I would wait till manning had a good game... or ridiculously easy match up before starting him consistently.

...count me among those who will not take advantage of the "value" that he's likely to represent. Every good thing comes to an end. Last year, he managed to do it with smoke and mirrors and that was Herculean. But I think the writing is on the wall. Manning's is a precision game. I don't see him as the kind of guy who can shrug off the fact that he's got a bum neck, because he's not about just winging it. It's not like a guy like Big Ben who just rumbles around and pulls stuff out of his ass. Ben's is not a pretty game, so I think it matters less if he's dinged up. With Manning, I think it matters way more. I'm afraid this is the year he drops off and drops off big.

:wacko: Well, first off, I lied and secondly, I hope I'm dead wrong. I just couldn't pass him up at 5.10 in a 12 team league. What the hell.