[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Arian Foster

Endzone

Who goes above him? AD with no line and limited receivers? CJ who's holding out? It was a no brainer on my cheat sheet.

This. In fact, the only argument someone could have might be Charles, though you'd have to convince me he gets 70-75%+ of the carries...and even then, with what we have seen Foster capable of...I'd still prolly take him #1.

I know it's just pre-season, but they did look nice and that helped seal the deal for me. He was there at a fair price in today's auction, so I bought him.

Houston looked nice against the Saints right out the gate, and Foster looked particularly good on that 28 yard TD. Compare that to how ATL looked against JAX.

I know it's just pre-season, but they did look nice and that helped seal the deal for me. He was there at a fair price in today's auction, so I bought him.

Houston looked nice against the Saints right out the gate, and Foster looked particularly good on that 28 yard TD. Compare that to how ATL looked against JAX.

How much Det? In our $200 budget league I paid $49. Was kicking myself after because I swore I wouldn't spend more than $40 for RB1.

He just had the best season of a FF RB. He's on a solid offense and looks good.

he lacks pedigree, but anyone that doesnt' take him first has a man crush on someone else.

Well said. My thinking all along. I felt weird ranking Foster #1 ("Does he deserve it?") but every time I tried to move someone above him I found a reason not to.

he lacks pedigree, but anyone that doesnt' take him first has a man crush on someone else.

In general, I'd be tickled to have Foster as my first round pick. But, I do think he contains a fair amount of legitimate risk and that's not what I really want in Round 1 when, say, an Adrian Peterson is available. I'm not convinced Arian has the pedigree to be a long term fantasy impact player like LaDainian Tomlinson before him. But, it seems like that is the consensus this year.

The whole pedigree thing is a pretty big deal when you are looking for an anchor for your fantasy team, no?

Foster wasn't drafted. He was previously signed and released by the Texans. He had an injury history in college. He' has a disciplinary history. Brandon Tate is looking good and was drafted in the 2nd round last year. Houston's all-pro FB isn't there this year.....

I wouldn't at all surprised if Foster is a top 10, top 5, or #1 RB this year, but I do think it's reasonable to question whether he puts up last years numbers.

Not that Foster necessarily carries a ton of risk, but it seems pretty substantial when you are drafting him #1 overall relative. It seems like everyone is kind of swinging for the fences and expecting a fastball down the middle with him at #1 overall.

Edited by bushwacked

In general, I'd be tickled to have Foster as my first round pick. But, I do think he contains a fair amount of legitimate risk and that's not what I really want in Round 1 when, say, an Adrian Peterson is available. I'm not convinced Arian has the pedigree to be a long term fantasy impact player like LaDainian Tomlinson before him. But, it seems like that is the consensus this year.

The whole pedigree thing is a pretty big deal when you are looking for an anchor for your fantasy team, no?

Foster wasn't drafted. He was previously signed and released by the Texans. He had an injury history in college. He' has a disciplinary history. Brandon Tate is looking good and was drafted in the 2nd round last year. Houston's all-pro FB isn't there this year.....

I wouldn't at all surprised if Foster is a top 10, top 5, or #1 RB this year, but I do think it's reasonable to question whether he puts up last years numbers.

Not that Foster necessarily carries a ton of risk, but it seems pretty substantial when you are drafting him #1 overall relative. It seems like everyone is kind of swinging for the fences and expecting a fastball down the middle with him at #1 overall.

I agree...Loss of Leach & Schedule makes me nervous. Rice is my gut pick for no.1

anyone concerned as to how Ben Tate looked on Saturday? he could steal touches from Foster. and they still have Ward who went for 6 yards per carry.

On the other hand, perhaps all this concern about the impact of losing the stud FB may be a bit over-blown because it didn't seem as if anyone had any trouble running the ball on Saturday.

If I had to guess, I would say that Arian Foster is still going to get his based on last year's success. That may not 325 carries again, but enough to put up some great numbers. That they have Ben Tate, and for that matter, Ward, just means they'll have spell him like they should.

So, yes, I do think he's not likely to repeat 2000+ and 18 TDs. But if Saturday told us anything, and who's to say if it did. It told, at least me, that Houston looks like they're going to be able to run the ball well and that solidifies Foster's ranking as one of the top 3 heading into the season.

So, yes, I do think he's not likely to repeat 2000+ and 18 TDs. But if Saturday told us anything, and who's to say if it did. It told, at least me, that Houston looks like they're going to be able to run the ball well and that solidifies Foster's ranking as one of the top 3 heading into the season.

The preseason performances of the Houston running game has got me intrigued... On the one hand, like you said, Foster looked good and should have zero problems running behind that line... On the other hand, what I've noticed when even Ward is ripping off chunks, is that it looks like ANYONE could run behind that line...

So I dunno, I'm still inclined to believe that Foster will be the workhorse like he was last year, but that line made Tate look GOOD too the other night, so if Foster shows any sign of not being able to handle the full load, I don't see why Houston would have any issue giving Tate a share of the carries to at least spell him. Even without Leach, it looks like that line can raise anyone's YPC.

The preseason performances of the Houston running game has got me intrigued... On the one hand, like you said, Foster looked good and should have zero problems running behind that line... On the other hand, what I've noticed when even Ward is ripping off chunks, is that it looks like ANYONE could run behind that line...

I thought this too. I didn't notice Ward, but Tate was blowing people away and even the kid from Texas looked strong. My biggest fear would be Kubiak returning to his shanny-nanigans roots and changing RB's out.

On the other hand, perhaps all this concern about the impact of losing the stud FB may be a bit over-blown because it didn't seem as if anyone had any trouble running the ball on Saturday.

If I had to guess, I would say that Arian Foster is still going to get his based on last year's success. That may not 325 carries again, but enough to put up some great numbers. That they have Ben Tate, and for that matter, Ward, just means they'll have spell him like they should.

Saturday didn't tell us anything. Saints play them week 3. They showed nothing on defense. I think intentionally. I would not get too excited about Foster's stats on Saturday.

Since 1990, 23 players have achieved 18+TDs in a season. Only 5 were able to repeat the season after. Most have marked declines.

Anything can happen. The loss of Leach is a big deal. Look at the production of LT when he lost Lorenzo Neal. When Neal joined the Chargers in 2003, LT jumped to 5.3 yards per carry. However, the first year Lorenzo Neal left was 2008, and coincidentally LT's YPC dropped from 4.7 to 3.8, the lowest of his career by far. Huge drop-off after the star fullback left.

Teams have different approaches to preseason. Texans came out like it was the Super Bowl. They showed most everything in their book. Saints, Eagles, Colts, etc, never do such a thing. I personally think it is smart not to. I guess we will be able to see the difference in Week 3 when it is for realsies.

So I dunno, I'm still inclined to believe that Foster will be the workhorse like he was last year, but that line made Tate look GOOD too the other night, so if Foster shows any sign of not being able to handle the full load, I don't see why Houston would have any issue giving Tate a share of the carries to at least spell him. Even without Leach, it looks like that line can raise anyone's YPC.

This is like the situation in Denver awhile back. It did not matter which RB was in the driver seat, they were set up for a prime year. The OC for the Texans was the Offensive Line Coach/OC for the Broncos during that stretch.

Not saying Foster isn't going to be good, just believe that the next person that gets the carries if Foster gets hurt will probably be just as productive.

pretty much. ADP is still the only guy out there I'd feel comfortable hanging my hat on as a top overall pick. that said, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if the top scoring FF RB at the end of the year is somebody not even in the consensus top 5 right now. RB seems to be a high risk/high reward position in general, but especially so this year.