[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LeSean McCoy

NYCDOG

I'm having a hard time justifying taking LeSean McCoy in my 12-team non-PPR work league where I have the #6 pick. Maybe it's the wealth of talent on the Eagles and the likelihood that TDs get spread around too much between Vick, DJax, Maclin, Celek and now Ronnie Brown.

Or perhaps it's the fact that he just doesn't excite me for some reason and I have a strong feeling he's going to underperform his ADP. Can anyone shed light on what I am supposedly missing? I'm seriously considering going best WR on the board, assuming the top 5 RBs are off the board.

Brown is strictly a backup. He won't be used much more than Jerome Harrison was last year. So he shouldn't factor into your thinking except as someone to grab as a handcuff in case you end up with McCoy.

Celek was a non-factor last year because Vick doesn't look to the tight end much. He'll probably be a bit more involved this year, but not enough to be worried about.

Remember when Westbrook was there, the Eagles spread the ball around a lot, but Westbrook always got his. Same idea here. And the offense is a lot more powerful than it was in those days.

Edited by Pip's Invitation

No doubt he'll rush the ball, however, McCoy's value relies heavily on his involvement in the passing game. He'll end up with 70-80 receptions and 600+ yards receiving with a couple added scores through the air. So if your league is a PPR league, he's absolutely worth an early pick as without his rushing stats, he's already putting up over 150 fantasy points just through the air and he'll rush for over 1,000 yards and add a handful or more TDs on the ground.

Celek was a non-factor last year because Vick doesn't look to the tight end much. He'll probably be a bit more involved this year, but not enough to be worried about.

I disagree. I think Celek was a non-factor because the o-line was so bad that he had to block a ton.

No doubt he'll rush the ball, however, McCoy's value relies heavily on his involvement in the passing game. He'll end up with 70-80 receptions and 600+ yards receiving with a couple added scores through the air. So if your league is a PPR league, he's absolutely worth an early pick as without his rushing stats, he's already putting up over 150 fantasy points just through the air and he'll rush for over 1,000 yards and add a handful or more TDs on the ground.

I agree he'll be heavily involved in the passing game but my league is non-PPR standard performance league so what concerns me are what his TD totals will be compared to the top WR in the draft.

I agree he'll be heavily involved in the passing game but my league is non-PPR standard performance league so what concerns me are what his TD totals will be compared to the top WR in the draft.

McCoy certainly doesn't have as much value in a non-PPR league and taking guys like Andre Johnson and Roddy White wouldn't be a bad move at all. But again, they're WRs so they take a hit in non-PPR leagues too. Guys like Mendenhall are just as valuable as McCoy in those leagues.

Edited by irish

I dont like him in top 6 in non ppr league. Also, very disconcerting how Vick would run in for touchdowns near goal line. Definitey top 6 in ppr though, imo. How about Mendenhall at 6 in non ppr?

Edited by arnoldg3

:wacko:Alge Crumpler's 50+/700+ seasons would like a word with you.

I disagree. I think Celek was a non-factor because the o-line was so bad that he had to block a ton.

This is correct.

Nugget: Celek was 3rd in NFL among TE's kept in to block. Not 3rd among receiving TE's, or 3rd among TE's projected to make fantasy squads, but 3rd among all TE's. Many teams have designated blocking TE's, Philly didn't, and he was STILL the 3rd most blocking TE last year. Nowhere to go but up.

edit: and to answer the OP, 6th is when you are going to enter WR or QB territory in non-PPR. McCoy isn't nearly so compelling at 6 as he is in PPR. Personally I would take Andre Johnson here, Mendenhall if he's gone.

Edited by flemingd

i am picking 6th and i am leaning towards Roddy White and Atlanta's much easier passing schedule than last year.. with Julio Jones taking pressure off White, i think Atlanta really opens it up this year with Ryan finishing top 6 and White improving off last year.

Incorrect on several fronts.

1. Celek was a non-factor last year because the Eagles OL was a mess, and he was forced to stay in and block versus get out on routes. That won't be the case this year, and I will bet anyone anything they want that he outperforms his ADP among TEs. Do yourself a favor and draft hims as your backup TE, and either trade him for good value or start him ahead of the guy you likely took in the 8-12 spot.

2. Vick made Crumpler a stud in Atlanta. Vick loves him some TE. The only reason he didn't look to his TE last year was because he was covered by the defensive tackle he was blocking.

:wacko:Alge Crumpler's 50+/700+ seasons would like a word with you.

This is correct.

Nugget: Celek was 3rd in NFL among TE's kept in to block. Not 3rd among receiving TE's, or 3rd among TE's projected to make fantasy squads, but 3rd among all TE's. Many teams have designated blocking TE's, Philly didn't, and he was STILL the 3rd most blocking TE last year. Nowhere to go but up.

edit: and to answer the OP, 6th is when you are going to enter WR or QB territory in non-PPR. McCoy isn't nearly so compelling at 6 as he is in PPR. Personally I would take Andre Johnson here, Mendenhall if he's gone.

Sorry, didn't see that you addressed this part of the reply...the comment was so ludicrous, I didn't even read further :tup:

Sorry, didn't see that you addressed this part of the reply...the comment was so ludicrous, I didn't even read further :tup:

It's ok, yours was funnier:

The only reason he didn't look to his TE last year was because he was covered by the defensive tackle he was blocking.

:wacko:

in non ppr at 6 i would look at Mendenhall ,McFadden, white, a Johnson and maybe Vick. it is quite possible 6 is the worst spot to draft in a non ppr league. would rather draft in 10 11 or 12 spot

Edited by Bubbahawk

in non ppr at 6 i would look at Mendenhall ,McFadden, white, a Johnson and maybe Vick. it is quite possible 6 is the worst spot to draft in a non ppr league. would rather draft in 10 11 or 12 spot

I would have to agree with your assessment of the #6 draft slot this year for non-PPR. While I have never been an early drafter of QBs (and still am not), I am seriously considering White or AJ at the #6 slot, even though it feels a bit early all things considered. Maybe I didn't watch enough of the late season Philly games last year, but I am not ready to annoint LeSean the second coming of Westbrook at this stage.

ok I'm doing a little assuming here so I'm going to try not to make an :wacko: out of myself...

The top 5 RBs in no correct order

1 Adrian Peterson, MIN

2 Arian Foster, HOU

3 Chris Johnson, TEN

4 Jamaal Charles, KC

5 Maurice Jones-Drew, JAC

(at least that is ESPN's top 5)

That would make the next 3 RBs

Ray Rice

LeSean McCoy

Rashard Mendenhall

I understand your doubts on McCoy but that would leave u with Rice or Mendenhall as great first picks.

Rice no longer has to compete with McGhee for touches and he'll be getting the ball on the goal line this year. I think those reason make him a great pick.

Mendenhall is also the lone back in Pitt and will get his carries, and touchdowns. The biggest difference from Rice is his QB. Big Ben has more experience and a better receiving corp. Which make Mendenhall slightly less valuable cause he won't always get the ball on 3rd and 1....

ok I'm doing a little assuming here so I'm going to try not to make an :wacko: out of myself...

You're problem is assuming that ESPN's rankings are anywhere close to accurate. You need to get you a Huddle subscription...

MJD has no business even sniffing the top 5 with the knee issue going into this year (I'm struggling to pull the trigger on him in the 2nd), and Ray Rice has no business being outside of the top 3-4 (he's my #1 with both a high ceiling and the highest floor of anyone)... MJD should be well below all of them, and you can probably add McCoy to that top list, Mendy too if it's non-PPR.

I like McCoy as the 5th back right now until we can be sure that CJ2K is back in camp and getting reps.

Edited by delusions of granduer