[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Does Pryor (OSU) get drafted

BeeR

He says that, while he wants to be a QB, he's ready to play whatever position the team that drafts him wants. He's 6'6" and runs a sub 4.4, I think someone will figure out something to do with him. My guess is he goes somewhere around the 4th or 5th but wouldn't even try to guess which team.

I agree with Det

I think your obvious options are SEA (they aren't in love with any of those guys or they wouldn't have all of those guys), and Wash, though they might not want to mess with their "we're putting together the best team we can, but we really are signing guys like Jabar Gaffney because we want Andrew Luck strategy"

Given that, worth a flyer, maybe even sooner than that, but he could of course just be saying what he thinks teams want to hear....

That's certainly a possibility, but given where he's going to be drafted, he's not going to get a massive contract with up-front money. So, if he's just BSing, then the team will toss him to the curb and move on. I do hope that, if he doesn't understand this, his agent does.

Given his raw numbers, he'd certainly be worth an earlier pick than the 4th or 5th, but only if he'd actually played that position before. And then there's the baggage. That's what I think pushes him back.

That's certainly a possibility, but given where he's going to be drafted, he's not going to get a massive contract with up-front money. So, if he's just BSing, then the team will toss him to the curb and move on. I do hope that, if he doesn't understand this, his agent does.

Given his raw numbers, he'd certainly be worth an earlier pick than the 4th or 5th, but only if he'd actually played that position before. And then there's the baggage. That's what I think pushes him back.

Agreed.

He seems like an Al Davis kind of player, so I would not at all be surprised if the Raiders get him.

Agreed also.

PS lol @ the name. Reminds me how long it's been since I've seen SP and how funny they were in their heyday.

He was here in Pittsburgh meeting with the brass today. I was a little shocked at that as I did not think the Steelers would show any interest. Now with him running a sub 4.4 just the other day at his workout as his local high school here, I think that might have opened some eyes.

I don't know but after seeing him interviewed he sounds smarter than I expected. I don't think he will be a stud or maybe even not a starter but I think someone could do worse for a number 2 qb.

Crouch was 6 ft 210. Pryor is 6'6" and a good deal heavier. Crouch ran the 40 in 4.47, Pryor sub 4.4

There's a bit of a difference.

Pryor's also a much, much better passer. Not even close. Actually played in a pro style offense; as opposed to throwing only when the option was no longer an option on 3rd and >8

Pryor's also a much, much better passer. Not even close.

Actually no he's not. His footwork is atrocious and the rest of his mechanics won't be able to survive as-is in the NFL. Pryor would need to redo his entire stroke if he's going to be successful as a QB.

Actually no he's not. His footwork is atrocious and the rest of his mechanics won't be able to survive as-is in the NFL. Pryor would need to redo his entire stroke if he's going to be successful as a QB.

Don't disagree about Pryor's mechanical flaws, but in comparison to Crouch, it's still no contest. Crouch was not a QB at all. Pryor, while not elite, can still drop back, read defenses, go through progressions, doesn't have to tuck and run after 3 seconds and has a decent arm

Pryor I believe will get drafted by a team in the 5th, despite his mechanics and immaturity he has the speed 4.4 in 40 to attract teams. At 6'6" he could could be a wide out and back up QB.....let me see what teams fit that bill:

Raiders--right up Al Davis Alley + a big red zone target with speed.

Bears--Cutler , then who? Plus they can use a WR in training that could add another target for Cutler when he's in a hurry (which is all the time)

Redskins--Beck, Grossman...do I need to say more....??

Jets--size and speed, they could utilize Prior in many ways as a wild cat, etc.....

:wacko:

Pryor I believe will get drafted by a team in the 5th, despite his mechanics and immaturity he has the speed 4.4 in 40 to attract teams. At 6'6" he could could be a wide out and back up QB.....let me see what teams fit that bill:

Raiders--right up Al Davis Alley + a big red zone target with speed.

Bears--Cutler , then who? Plus they can use a WR in training that could add another target for Cutler when he's in a hurry (which is all the time)

Redskins--Beck, Grossman...do I need to say more....??

Jets--size and speed, they could utilize Prior in many ways as a wild cat, etc.....

:wacko:

I think Plax just took the Jets out of this bidding match.