[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fourth Pick...Draft Next Monday...Will Chris Johnson Play This Year?

supadupafly87

I'd take CJ and actually had the 4th pick in the Huddle Ladder here and did.

Take someone else. CJ seems like he is willing to miss some games if that means he can be one of the highest paid players in the league. 2 things you should do:

1. If someone takes Vick in the top 3, celebrate because AP and Foster go next but then you can have Jamaal Charles

2. If AP, Foster, Charles go 1 2 and 3 which will prolly happen, go Ray Rice over CJ

This would be a much harder decision to make at pick 5. At 4, you still have AP, AF, RR, JC. All of whom you could justify putting ahead of CJ even if he was in camp right now. Not saying I would, necc. Rather, that I wouldn't need much convincing for why someone would.

When you add in the hold-out? That's a no-brainer. Depending on the scoring and roster requirements, I could easily see pushing a number of other players ahead of him, like Mendy, McCoy, AJ, Roddy White...

I want to walk away from the 1st round with a guy who's a lock to start on week 1.

Even if CJ plays, I still think Charles and Rice are better. If PPR & they are available, take one of them.

I don't think i'm going to go with Ray Rice. My league rewards bonuses for rushing at 100, 150, and 200 yards. We also reward bonuses for receiving over 100, 150, and 200. Last year Ray Rice only ran for over 100 times 2 times and caught for over a hundred one time. I think I may go with AJ or maybe even Mcfadden(He ran for over 100 6 times and caught for over 100 once i believe.)

I already know Jcharles, AP, and Foster are going to be gone.

You may be missng the mark with Ray Rice this year. You need to remember he will be the workhorse this year. There is no more McGahee. There will be at least a half dozen more TDs that he will score along with being in there more often then note on third down and short where he sees a swing pass or breaks one for the house. Ricky WIlliams is going to only back him up after he gets those long runs. Don't count Ray Rice out of the picking; he will easily be a top five back and the potential to be number one.

Edited by DawgTalk

Don't hold your breath. They only have a little over $7 million in cap space (after re-doing S Vincent Fuller's deal) so even if they come somewhere close in these initial talks -- which they won't, not right off the bat -- the Titans still have to figure out how to pay him.

Edited by JUMbotron

I'd be inclined to play it safe and not take CJ. If he doesn't come to terms, then you've wasted a first round pick. Hard to come back from that and win your league.

Don't hold your breath. They only have a little over $7 million in cap space (after re-doing S Vincent Fuller's deal) so even if they come somewhere close in these initial talks -- which they won't, not right off the bat -- the Titans still have to figure out how to pay him.

$2 million of it is Johnson's though, so really 9. 9 mil a year in salary can easily be hidden in a big fat signing bonus.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id...n-contract-math

I'd be inclined to play it safe and not take CJ. If he doesn't come to terms, then you've wasted a first round pick. Hard to come back from that and win your league.

Last year if you picked up...

Dwayne Bowe, Brandon Lloyd, Peyton Hillis, Arian Foster, Jeremy Maclin... you would've been fine without a 1st pick

He won't play ... in an 18 team elimination league I took him at 1.07 ... he's sure to sit out the whole year (or just long enough to eliminate my team)

I passed on him @ 1.07 and took McCoy the team after me took Roddy and CJ went 1.09

Dwayne Bowe, Brandon Lloyd, Peyton Hillis, Arian Foster, Jeremy Maclin... you would've been fine without a 1st pick

And Michael Vick....

I thought last year Foster was a 5th or 6th rounder...

However u point is made that the WW can always have gems in the rough.

I'm not saying it can't be done....it's just alot more difficult.

link

Additionally, there's some concern that Johnson could come back and incur some sort of minor injury just like seemingly every NFL holdout did before him. Vincent Jackson , he of the 10-game holdout last year, got hurt on his first play back and was useless, save for a huge game against the 49ers. Darrelle Revis also had a hamstring issue when he came back from his holdout last year and missed some time. At running back, both Steven Jackson (2008) and Larry Johnson (2007) had unceremonious returns from their holdouts. Hall of Famer Emmitt Smith pulled off the hold-out-and-crush stunt back in 1993, but no one else has in recent history.

Another thing to consider is the small trend of holdouts getting injured.