[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Quick question for a IDP rookie

detlef

I'm joining a league that starts a team D and one !DP of any position.

Here's the scoring:

Tackle Solo 1

Tackle Assist 0.5

Sack 2

Interception 3

Fumble Force 2

Fumble Recovery 2

Defensive Touchdown 6

Safety 2

Pass Defended 1

Block Kick 2

I looked for the IDP rankings but didn't see one that had them all together, and I'm also at a loss as to where they fit in the grand scheme of my overall rankings. Assume pretty standard offensive scoring but with lot's of starters (2QB, 2RB,3WR, TE, 2Flex)

Given that this is my first year playing IDP, I don't want to over-think it and just listen to the experts because I really have no freaking clue about this.

Not sure exactly what your asking? Are you looking for a specific position to target? LB is like a WR in a PPR and I like Middle (Mikes) LB in active D's. 3-4 Defenses generally net some nice LB points.

That being said, I don't consider myself an expert at IDP... I'm fairly new myself but fairly addicted to it now... I struggle doing any sort of redraft anymore just because its freaking boring as hell.

Not sure exactly what your asking? Are you looking for a specific position to target? LB is like a WR in a PPR and I like Middle (Mikes) LB in active D's. 3-4 Defenses generally net some nice LB points.

That being said, I don't consider myself an expert at IDP... I'm fairly new myself but fairly addicted to it now... I struggle doing any sort of redraft anymore just because its freaking boring as hell.

Yes I've been hearing that more lately, that some are adding IDPs just to spice things up.

Anyway it seems like LB is the way to go here. Tackles, tackles, tackles.

Wait, your league starts 2 QBs, then 2/3/1 at RB/WR/TE and then two flex players, but you're adding 1 IDP?

For a league that is awfully bold on its starting positions on O, you're being awfully wimpy on IDP. That strikes me as odd. Your IDPs will have about the value and impact as Ks, given that your are starting only 1, and that the scoring is pretty light. That also means you'll probably enjoy starting the IDPs as much as starting Ks.

I'd wait until very late in the draft to grab a couple of guys. Given your scoring system, look for LBs who rack up tackles as opposed to big play guys. And in your scoring system, a CB who isn't a NFL stud and gets some tackles as well will probably finish pretty well also, given PDs and tackles are worth the same. Forget DLs - only 2 pts per sack makes almost all of them worthless.

Here's the top performers last year from an IDP league where D scoring is similarly light like your scoring above. You can see that D1 and D12 is a difference of barely more than 1 pt per week - like I said, they'll be like kickers for your league, which means you probably won't enjoy them much (damn shame, since you guys won't realize how much fun you're missing) Notice that the top IDP is only the 74th best scorer in the league and the relatively small difference between the top IDP and IDP12 - value is not very high:

Ironman 2 top D scorers

I'd substitute Thomas Davis for James Anderson - Davis is a stud when he's healthy and he might make a nice sleeper pick who will be easy to replace on the WW if (when?) he goes down again.

Hope it helps

Edited by Bronco Billy

Wait, your league starts 2 QBs, then 2/3/1 at RB/WR/TE and then two flex players, but you're adding 1 IDP?

For a league that is awfully bold on its starting positions on O, you're being awfully wimpy on IDP. That strikes me as odd. Your IDPs will have about the value and impact as Ks, given that your are starting only 1, and that the scoring is pretty light. That also means you'll probably enjoy starting the IDPs as much as starting Ks.

I'd wait until very late in the draft to grab a couple of guys. Given your scoring system, look for LBs who rack up tackles as opposed to big play guys. And in your scoring system, a CB who isn't a NFL stud and gets some tackles as well will probably finish pretty well also, given PDs and tackles are worth the same. Forget DLs - only 2 pts per sack makes almost all of them worthless.

Here's the top performers last year from an IDP league where D scoring is similarly light like your scoring above. You can see that D1 and D12 is a difference of barely more than 1 pt per week - like I said, they'll be like kickers for your league, which means you probably won't enjoy them much (damn shame, since you guys won't realize how much fun you're missing) Notice that the top IDP is only the 74th best scorer in the league and the relatively small difference between the top IDP and IDP12 - value is not very high:

Ironman 2 top D scorers

I'd substitute Thomas Davis for James Anderson - Davis is a stud when he's healthy and he might make a nice sleeper pick who will be easy to replace on the WW if (when?) he goes down again.

Hope it helps

Thanks for the info.

Like I said above, it's not my rules, just a league I'm joining. There's actually plenty more about the scoring in this league that's odd but it's not a big dollar league and the guys are nice enough, so what the hell. For instance, you get 1 for 10 in rushing but 1 for 20 in receiving. Not sure what's up with that other than the fact that I'll be damned if I waste a pick before the 5th round on a WR. TEs? I'll be looking for them later still. Nope, it's QBs (since you need 2) and bellcow RBs for me until that dries up.

Thanks for the info.

Like I said above, it's not my rules, just a league I'm joining. There's actually plenty more about the scoring in this league that's odd but it's not a big dollar league and the guys are nice enough, so what the hell. For instance, you get 1 for 10 in rushing but 1 for 20 in receiving. Not sure what's up with that other than the fact that I'll be damned if I waste a pick before the 5th round on a WR. TEs? I'll be looking for them later still. Nope, it's QBs (since you need 2) and bellcow RBs for me until that dries up.

NP

Sounds like you've got a pretty good handle on what is decidedly an odd league. Let IDPs fall into your lap very late - they aren't worth much

our league last year was and IDP league, but we had more positions. I found that MLB's like Willis and Poslueski (spelling) got me more points than the rest of the defensive players, so if givin the opprotunity to snag a linebacker late in the draft that will get a bunch of tackles you should grab them up. Second to the linebackers were the DB, more specifically cornerbacks. My strategy with CB's was I didn't go get the shut down corner on the team, rather I drafted his counterpart. That strategy paid off pretty well, sure the shut down corner will get his INTs but his counter part proved to net more points off tackles and deflections because QB's threw to his side more often. Points are given if a player makes a tackle, it doesn't matter if that player let his reciever make catch a 30 yrd completion, he is still going to get a point for the tackle. That's how I played the IDP last year.