[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Live Draft w/ David and John on SiriusXM Today

WJW

Our own David Dorey and John Tuvey will be participating in a live draft today with their new radio mates at SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio. KFFL, Big Lead Sports and other will be represented as well.

Listen live today at 2:00pm ET on Sirius 210 or XM 87, or catch the replay at 7:00pm ET tonight.

:wacko:

Our own David Dorey and John Tuvey will be participating in a live draft today with their new radio mates at SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio. KFFL, Big Lead Sports and other will be represented as well.

Listen live today at 2:00pm ET on Sirius 210 or XM 87, or catch the replay at 7:00pm ET tonight.

:wacko:

Is there any way of getting a podcast of this?

Is there any way of getting a podcast of this?

Since SiriusXM is a subscription radio service, no they don't produce podcasts, free or otherwise, of their shows.

14-team league BTW.

John picks 1.05 and takes McCoy. At 2.10 takes Vick.

David picks 1.07 and takes Mendenhall. At 2.08 takes Wallace.

1 - AP

2 - Foster

3 - Rice

4 - Charles

5 - McCoy -- J2V

6 - AJ

7 - Mendenhall -- DMD

8 - Chris Johnson

9 - MJD

10 - RWhite

11 - Calvin Johnson

12 - McFadden

13 - Forte

14 - Fitzgerald

The Mike Vick slide continues. :wacko:

And Chris Johnson at 8 could be the steal of the draft.

I know it's a ton of work, but do you guys plan on updating the top 200? If DMD takes Mendenhall over CJ (obviously because of the contract issue), why is CJ still #4 on your top 200? Not complaining, just wondering if this is something we can expect to have updated or not.

I know it's a ton of work, but do you guys plan on updating the top 200? If DMD takes Mendenhall over CJ (obviously because of the contract issue), why is CJ still #4 on your top 200? Not complaining, just wondering if this is something we can expect to have updated or not.

he needs to sign first or your steel turns into your nightmar if the season passes and he holds out

I've noticed in most 'pro' drafts, the QB's fall, but in most 'public' drafts, qb's go early and often.

It makes sense to wait on QB's and get the better value and be cognizant of position scarcity.

I just really wish the QB's would fall in my leagues.

Final results:

DMD (picking 7th in a 14 team serpentine draft)

Mendenhall

Wallace

Romo

Ingram

Addai

Lance Moore

Pettigrew

Steelers D

Kolb

Gronkowski

Forsett

Brandon Gibson

Marion Barber

Garrett Hartley

Nate Washington

2V (picking 5th)

LeSean McCoy

Vick (2.10, 24th overall)

Mike Williams (TB)

Boldin

Ryan Grant

Brandon Jacobs

Mike Thomas

Sproles

Gresham

Patriots D

Meacham

Colt McCoy

Jacquizz Rodgers

Gostkowski

Shiancoe

start 1-2-2-1-1-1-flex (RB/WR/TE)

passing TDs 4, other TDs 6

1 point per 10 rush/receiving yards, 1 point per 20 passing yards

2V

I noticed that too...at the 35th spot. I just drafted Romo at 63 today in Prime Time (and that's with 6pt TD's).

I felt smart when I was driving home from the train...I was listening to the replay and I also picked Mendenhall in the first like DMD. Now I see this Romo love and I guess it wasn't such a great pick. :wacko:

:wacko: shocker..

:tup: .

Oh please, take off your sunglasses. I drafted one player who happened to be a Cowboy.

I wanted to get a difference making QB. When it rolled to me at the 3.07 (36th), there had already been 16 RBs and 12 WRs taken so there was no difference makers there. I also watched Vick (24), Rodgers (25), Rivers (26), Brady (28) and Brees (30) go right before me. So it was either Manning or Romo or wait and have no advantage at the position. I debated it and opted to let someone else (four picks later) take the risk on Manning.

Romo was on track to throw for 5000 yards and 32 TDs last year (considering 5 game average) and he passed for 4483 and 35 TDs in 2009. He is in the same offense with the same players. That is not homerism. I think that was also the only Cowboy I can remember drafting this year because QB runs do not usually explode right in front of me like that. It's about drafting for points, not because someone is on one team or not on one team.

I dropped CJ to #7 in the RB rankings last night. He comes out #8 in the top 200. How are you seeing him at the #4?

My reasoning on taking the early defense was that I love the PIT defense, love their schedule including a great stretch for the playoffs and they have a week 11 bye. We only had 15 roster spots and I did not want to worry about a replacement defense for 11 weeks. Same reason why I took Hartley as PK with his week 11 bye.

My reasoning on taking the early defense was that I love the PIT defense, love their schedule including a great stretch for the playoffs and they have a week 11 bye. We only had 15 roster spots and I did not want to worry about a replacement defense for 11 weeks. Same reason why I took Hartley as PK with his week 11 bye.

Fair enough.

:wacko: .

Oh please, take off your sunglasses. I drafted one player who happened to be a Cowboy.

I wanted to get a difference making QB. When it rolled to me at the 3.07 (36th), there had already been 16 RBs and 12 WRs taken so there was no difference makers there. I also watched Vick (24), Rodgers (25), Rivers (26), Brady (28) and Brees (30) go right before me. So it was either Manning or Romo or wait and have no advantage at the position. I debated it and opted to let someone else (four picks later) take the risk on Manning.

Romo was on track to throw for 5000 yards and 32 TDs last year (considering 5 game average) and he passed for 4483 and 35 TDs in 2009. He is in the same offense with the same players. That is not homerism. I think that was also the only Cowboy I can remember drafting this year because QB runs do not usually explode right in front of me like that. It's about drafting for points, not because someone is on one team or not on one team.

Well, then, again, I would question why you have Manning at 36 overall and Romo at 56? I understand taking a QB early if there is a run on QB's etc., but this seems like you're drafting contrary to your very own cheat sheets, that a lot of people put a lot of trust in. And I'm not saying I think the pick or the logic is bad or wrong, I just don't understand why it contradicts your very own top 200.

Well, then, again, I would question why you have Manning at 36 overall and Romo at 56? I understand taking a QB early if there is a run on QB's etc., but this seems like you're drafting contrary to your very own cheat sheets, that a lot of people put a lot of trust in. And I'm not saying I think the pick or the logic is bad or wrong, I just don't understand why it contradicts your very own top 200.

There are always variables in play with every draft pick that do not lend themselves as well to hard number projections which create rankings. I have yet to know anyone who drafts purely by an ordered list prior to a draft. I debated the two players. I have projected out Manning with 354 FF points and Romo with 343 FF points. In a 14 team draft, I did not want to risk my very first pick potentially missing a game or more so I was willing to forgo the 11 points more from Manning in exchange for a more secure 343 with Romo. If it were a smaller league, I may have gone with Manning knowing I would have a better chance of compensating for him if need be.

I know you know this, but plenty of the projections results in groups of players all projected within just a point or two of each other but they are arrayed in order. Even I would not rely on my projections being accurate to the single point

There are always variables in play with every draft pick that do not lend themselves as well to hard number projections which create rankings. I have yet to know anyone who drafts purely by an ordered list prior to a draft. I debated the two players. I have projected out Manning with 354 FF points and Romo with 343 FF points. In a 14 team draft, I did not want to risk my very first pick potentially missing a game or more so I was willing to forgo the 11 points more from Manning in exchange for a more secure 343 with Romo. If it were a smaller league, I may have gone with Manning knowing I would have a better chance of compensating for him if need be.

I know you know this, but plenty of the projections results in groups of players all projected within just a point or two of each other but they are arrayed in order. Even I would not rely on my projections being accurate to the single point

Thanks for taking the time and clarifying. :lol:

Just a quick heads up on your reasoning, Manning hasn't missed a regular season game in his entire career, 13 seasons. Romo on the other hand, missed 3 games in 2008 and 10 games in 2010. So, uh who's wearing the glasses? :tup:

:rofl:

Yes, I am aware that Manning has a neck problem, but all indications are that he will start the season, and it's not like he has any injury history to make anyone think otherwise. :wacko:

Yes, I am aware that Manning has a neck problem, but all indications are that he will start the season, and it's not like he has any injury history to make anyone think otherwise. :wacko:

I desperately want to agree, but this is a nerve issue, and in the neck. If it were a knee ligament or a bone bruise i think past history would be relevant, but not when the ability to hold your own johnson when you piss comes into risk.

I desperately want to agree, but this is a nerve issue, and in the neck. If it were a knee ligament or a bone bruise i think past history would be relevant, but not when the ability to hold your own johnson when you piss comes into risk.

If I had Manning's money I'd never have to hold my own johnson again. :wacko: