[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Denver fans - Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR

MustOfBeenDrunk

Last I heard he would likely start the season on the PUP.

So that means 6 games minimum ,,, correct ?

I don't want to turn this into a advise post but wondering if he is worth rostering on a dynasty team or if he is history ?

If when he does finally take the field what's the chances of him becoming an elite WR and if those days will come in the next two seasons ?

So that means 6 games minimum ,,, correct ?

I don't want to turn this into a advise post but wondering if he is worth rostering on a dynasty team or if he is history ?

If when he does finally take the field what's the chances of him becoming an elite WR and if those days will come in the next two seasons ?

Ill just give you my take on him since I own him in a dynasty.

If he starts on the PUP, then yes, 6 games minimum, then they have to decide to roster him or IR him. I believe he had a ruptured achilles (not sure if thats the same as a tear), so even if he does come back, he will likely lose some of his speed/jumping ability. Will he ever be elite? I dont think so. Will he be serviceable? He could, but too hard to say. He is a hold for me for at least one more year.

Ill just give you my take on him since I own him in a dynasty.

If he starts on the PUP, then yes, 6 games minimum, then they have to decide to roster him or IR him. I believe he had a ruptured achilles (not sure if thats the same as a tear), so even if he does come back, he will likely lose some of his speed/jumping ability. Will he ever be elite? I dont think so. Will he be serviceable? He could, but too hard to say. He is a hold for me for at least one more year.

Thanks ,, that was my intention also from the beginning but then along came Williams, Ryan ARI RB season ending injury and we only have (2) IR spots and once you use them IR is not available for the rest of the season

He'll make anyone's IR roster look great.

And DEN already had TEs who actually are TEs and can split the seam vertically.

Oh, I so agree. Julius Thomas and Green will make great TE's while Fells fills the gap until they are productive in this system. I just think Denver will have to cut their losses and hope someone will garner some interest in him, once he's healthy.

Granted, they can't cut him because it would be a 9 million dollar hit against their cap, iirc.

Edited by BearBroncos

At what point has he been a good acquisition as a 1st round pick?? He was injured before he got there!

:wacko:

You can't predict injuries. Before his injury, there would have been 32 teams that would have gladly picked him were the Broncos did. He was a good pick. What happens afterwards is besides the point. He is/was a fast, big receiver with excellent hands. He was rated a top 1 draft pick and several teams had him on their radar.

You can't predict injuries. Before his injury, there would have been 32 teams that would have gladly picked him were the Broncos did. He was a good pick. What happens afterwards is besides the point. He is/was a fast, big receiver with excellent hands. He was rated a top 1 draft pick and several teams had him on their radar.

Dude, they made a mistake picking Thomas over Dez Bryant. Just admit it. Most everyone was surprised that Dez wasn't the first WR off the board. So I disagree that 31 other teams would have picked Thomas over Bryant in that spot.

Edited by MTSuper7

Well sure... except he was injured before the draft, so you can't just ignore that as a factor in whether he was a bad acquisition or not!

Have to disagree with just about everything you're saying here. As I recall he was a debatable 1st round pick. The system he came from was a red flag and you're ignoring that he was in fact injured before the draft. Lots of question marks about him coming out.

Dude, they made a mistake picking Thomas over Dez Bryant. Just admit it. Most everyone was surprised that Dez wasn't the first WR off the board. So I disagree that 31 other teams would have picked Thomas over Bryant in that spot.

Oh yeah.. and this.

:wacko:

Well sure... except he was injured before the draft, so you can't just ignore that as a factor in whether he was a bad acquisition or not!

Have to disagree with just about everything you're saying here. As I recall he was a debatable 1st round pick. The system he came from was a red flag and you're ignoring that he was in fact injured before the draft. Lots of question marks about him coming out.

Then we agree to disagree. Before his injury, he ran a verified 4.38/40. Hell, a horrid QB in Pryor who has enough stink on him to linger for years was picked up by the Raiders in the "Supplimental draft" for a 3rd for the mere fact he ran a 4.4/40. Imagine the speed with hands and yes, you have a potential 1st round draft pick.

McDaniels was a horrid coach and I wrongly defended him, but I just can't see how D. Thomas was considered a back pick, outside of his Achillies injury!

Hind site yes, it was a mistake but again, your predicting an injury. But even some analyst were picking Thomas over Bryant. Dez ran a 4.52/40 at the combine. He was a tad slower and a tad smaller then Thomas but were considered equal regarding hand quality.

Then we agree to disagree. Before his injury, he ran a verified 4.38/40. Hell, a horrid QB in Pryor who has enough stink on him to linger for years was picked up by the Raiders in the "Supplimental draft" for a 3rd for the mere fact he ran a 4.4/40. Imagine the speed with hands and yes, you have a potential 1st round draft pick.

McDaniels was a horrid coach and I wrongly defended him, but I just can't see how D. Thomas was considered a back pick, outside of his Achillies injury!

Except for the part about being picked ahead of Dez, I agree. I loved this guy and was all over him prior to the achilles.

Except for the part about being picked ahead of Dez, I agree. I loved this guy and was all over him prior to the achilles.

exactly ,,, and if his injury was all that before the NFL draft then why 4 months later was he still a top 4 pick in every FF rookie draft ?

There was a lot of hype built up on Thomas leading up to the draft, and McD bit on it before any other team. Aside from injury, there were questions about his route running and whether the system he was in inflated his receiving stats. So, we can't argue about whether there were questions about him coming out, there were.

Now whether another team would have picked him in the 1st round makes Thomas a good "acquisition"? Just have to disagree with that logic. He's still a bust to date. Busts are bad acquisitions. Whether someone else would have made the pick or not, McD did.

Now I feel like I'm rubbing it in, and I don't mean to do that Broncos fans. Just glad I didn't pick Thomas in my dynasty that year.