[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thoughts on Gore

lkirc

I know there are injury concerns, but I saw Gore slip to 2.9 in a draft last night. This was a 12 team PPR. I am curious to hear if this is a trend or if this draft was just a little strange. Most mocks had him going early in the second.

In my opinion, Gore is a beast in a PPR league. While it may be a good idea to try to trade high on him towards the end of the season when he normally breaks down, when he plays he is a rare commodity in the NFL today.

I am in multiple leagues and am drafting in the middle/end of the second round. If I stay true to my board and Gore falls like this, I will end up with him in most of my leagues. Is there something i am missing. I thought he was fully healthy and good to go. Why would people be taking Greene, Hillis and Turner before him in a PPR?

Talk amongst yourselves......

I've noticed him drop in many of my mocks but I don't expect him to fall too far in my local league's actual draft. I think part of the concern is the uncertainty at QB and the fact that defenses are probably going to focus on just stopping Gore.

Coming off injury + QB problem = low percieved value... I think people might forget that Gore's done just fine with Alex Smith under center, and coming off a broken hip doesn't really seem like Gore is any more injury prone than he normally is (you can probably pencil him to sit 2 games, but the other 14 can light a fire under your team)...

He still probably slips into my early second-rounders, just because there are some safer options for consistent production ahead of him, but yes, when you start getting to that point, the value is just too good to pass up after you've secured your safer first-rounder.

Maybe people are also worried about the contract issue? But it seems like he's set to try and play for a big contract next year rather than sit out at all - so that's not likely....just trying to think of other reasons he might be falling.

I think most must be giving him an injury discount. Maybe I'm wrong, but I always thought a bone break wasn't as tough for a player to come back from. as a muscle or ligament injury.

To me - Gore in the late 2nd, especially in a ppr, seems like a good value.

I just snagged him again. This time at 2.06 after grabbing McCoy in the 1st.

I drafted Gore last year at 1.05 and he returned great value until he got hurt. I guess if I am going to have him on every team I draft, I may as well order a Gore fathead or something.....

Thanks for the input.

I just snagged him again. This time at 2.06 after grabbing McCoy in the 1st.

I drafted Gore last year at 1.05 and he returned great value until he got hurt. I guess if I am going to have him on every team I draft, I may as well order a Gore fathead or something.....

Thanks for the input.

:wacko:

I agree that anywhere past the first few picks of round two is decent value or Gore. 3rd round is fantastic value. I think people are nervous about the injury history, that he may finally be breaking down at his age. One of these years, he is going to statistically fall off a cliff, and maybe some people think that time is now. I think he has one more stud year left in the tank, he'll get paid, and then he'll break down.

fyi - from Adam Schefter.

seems like the 49ers are rebuilding and angling for Luck anyway so a trade might make sense. Not sure who might be interested at this point? Would have to a competitor with an unsettled rb situation that would be willing to pay.

Q: What is the status of Frank Gore's potential new contract? He reported to camp, but it doesn't seem like anything has gotten done. Could he miss regular season games?

A: Talks aren't progressing to Gore's satisfaction, Dominique. He is getting frustrated because he wants a new deal and the 49ers have not shown an inclination to getting one done. It's a volatile situation right now. Gore doesn't want to play out his current contract and he wants a contract like the one that Carolina gave DeAngelo Williams this summer -- five years, $43 million, including $21 million guaranteed. If he doesn't get a new deal, Gore could wind up requesting a trade.

Edited by Jackass

fyi - from Adam Schefter.

seems like the 49ers are rebuilding and angling for Luck anyway so a trade might make sense. Not sure who might be interested at this point? Would have to a competitor with an unsettled rb situation that would be willing to pay.

Q: What is the status of Frank Gore's potential new contract? He reported to camp, but it doesn't seem like anything has gotten done. Could he miss regular season games?

A: Talks aren't progressing to Gore's satisfaction, Dominique. He is getting frustrated because he wants a new deal and the 49ers have not shown an inclination to getting one done. It's a volatile situation right now. Gore doesn't want to play out his current contract and he wants a contract like the one that Carolina gave DeAngelo Williams this summer -- five years, $43 million, including $21 million guaranteed. If he doesn't get a new deal, Gore could wind up requesting a trade.

Yikes.

I push him down on my list because of QB concerns. But people here make a good point about him playing with crappy QB's for most of his career. I traded for him last season before he got hurt and he was on a great tear. If he falls to the third round of any of my drafts, hard not to pull the trigger.

• 3 weeks later...
In my opinion, Gore is a beast in a PPR league. While it may be a good idea to try to trade high on him towards the end of the season when he normally breaks down, when he plays he is a rare commodity in the NFL today.

Talk amongst yourselves......

Kendal Hunter will get some carries I think, and they will give Gore more breaks this year. Singletary kept running him over and over when defenses stacked the box against him. There was no disguising plays last year, just Singletary smash mouth run run pass playcalling. I don't think that will happen this year with Harbaugh. Also, if the team is losing by 2+ TD's I don't see the team sticking to a run first game plan like Singletary did. Gore's injuries at the end of the previous seasons have been due to poor player management by the coaches, so I'm hoping for better this year so the guy can live to play out his new contract.