[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

10th pick in 10 team draft

shredder1

Lineup Reqs? Scoring System? 9 times out of 10 I'll quickly knock out the notion of going QB that early, especially in a 10 teamer, butthere are some setups that may justify it.

No matter what, be flexible to any preformed strategy, essentially going BPA throughout and adjusting to what your opponents are doing.

Same spot for me 10 of 10... although we have some differences. 1 Keeper per team drafted 5th round or later previous year, .5PPR, and flex heavy lineup... 1RB 1WR 1TE, 3 flex, so that always give a little more room to draft BPA in the early rounds.

A bunch of the 2nd tier receivers are keepers, I have VJax, also kept are Nicks, Wallace, Bowe, McFadden, Best, and the 3 others are semi-irrelevant. What I'm looking at is this... these 7 WILL be gone

AP

Rice

Johnson

Charles

Foster

Rodgers

Vick

What I do from there is make my own list of 4 guys, 1 through 4 and draft the highest 2, regardless of position. For me I have it as McCoy, White, AJ, Calvin Johnson. Beyond those first 2 picks then I'll adjust a bit to need depending on how they shake out. If I were to end up with VJax, White, and AJ or Calvin, I'd obviously go RB/RB at 30/31, and probably again at 50/51 and stock up on guys like Blount, Bradshaw, F. Jones, Moreno, Greene, etc... If my team is a little more balanced after the first 2 picks then I'll stick with the BPA.

FWIW, our league tends to go QB's early and I've been sucked into that the last couple years, only to be scrounging for position players late season. This year my plan is to wait it out on QB at least until my 7th/8th picks, maybe longer and stockpile 2 or even 3 from guys like Freeman, Stafford, Bradford, Kolb, Cassel, Orton.

Long winded reply to basically say BPA based on your own rankings. Look at your league stats from last year and see how the top 3 WR points compare to say RB's 6-8. Look at all positions and find the point differentials from 1st to 10th to 20th or so... If it's nothing but RB in front of you maybe your best option is the 2 best WR on the board.

Long winded reply to basically say BPA based on your own rankings. Look at your league stats from last year and see how the top 3 WR points compare to say RB's 6-8. Look at all positions and find the point differentials from 1st to 10th to 20th or so... If it's nothing but RB in front of you maybe your best option is the 2 best WR on the board.

More important to look at what you project the RBs available to produce compared to the RBs you expect to be there at your next pick and then to compare the WRs available to who you think will be there at the next pick and then select from the position where you foresee the largest dropoff. Just looking at the points scored will not give you a full picture.

More important to look at what you project the RBs available to produce compared to the RBs you expect to be there at your next pick and then to compare the WRs available to who you think will be there at the next pick and then select from the position where you foresee the largest dropoff. Just looking at the points scored will not give you a full picture.

Yea, sometimes I forget that most people have to have a little more strategy in building a roster by position than I do because of our flex heavy league.

Yea, sometimes I forget that most people have to have a little more strategy in building a roster by position than I do because of our flex heavy league.

Multiple flexes with less required by position certainly changes draft strategy a lot. Are you the one I saw with only 1 required RB and WR and something like 3 flex spots?

Definitely...the chasm at WR after the first 8-9 receivers is far greater than the one at RB ! :wacko:

I get your sarcasm, i think that going A. john (#1) and R. White(#2) is better then RB # 9 (Drew) and RB# 10 (Forte) :tup:

That's just my $.02

Multiple flexes with less required by position certainly changes draft strategy a lot. Are you the one I saw with only 1 required RB and WR and something like 3 flex spots?

Yep... lineup is

1QB

1RB

1WR

1TE

3 RB/WR/TE flex

I don't mind it for the most part... it does take some strategy out of the draft, but winning and losing still comes down to who hits with more of their mid/late round picks. Trades are much less common in this league than most though, as the flex heavy lineup rarely leaves anyone too short or deep at individual positions.

How do others feel about WildBlue and Matt's thoughts?

I keep waffling between RB/RB, RB/WR and WR/WR in that 10/11 pick.

If Mendenhall somehow falls to me, I would feel compelled to take him. I am not particularly high on MJD, Forte or Gore as my RB1.

By the end of my second wraparound picks, I would anticipate having 2 Rbs and 2 WRs, however, if Someone like Romo were still there, I might consider selecting him. I also would be very comfortable selecting Matt Ryan with the next set of wraparound picks.

Thoughts? Draft Saturday morning...

I am in the same type of league and I took Andre and Calvin with my first two picks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My running backs are not the best, but if they pan out I should be looking pretty good! I was able to get Ryan Mathews, Mark Ingram, Shone Greene, Reggie Bush. Hopefully it works out!!!!!!!!

How do others feel about WildBlue and Matt's thoughts?

I keep waffling between RB/RB, RB/WR and WR/WR in that 10/11 pick.

If Mendenhall somehow falls to me, I would feel compelled to take him. I am not particularly high on MJD, Forte or Gore as my RB1.

By the end of my second wraparound picks, I would anticipate having 2 Rbs and 2 WRs, however, if Someone like Romo were still there, I might consider selecting him. I also would be very comfortable selecting Matt Ryan with the next set of wraparound picks.

Thoughts? Draft Saturday morning...

Are you higher on the RBs available in rounds 3/4 or later as your RB1?

The only question you have to ask yourself is, if I go RB/RB here, what WRs am I likely to get at the 3/4 turn, and alternatively if I go WR/WR here, what RBs are available at the 3/4 turn, and once you do that, decide which combination you like the most. Obviously, whatever you do at 1/2 wil impact your 3/4 decision, but when the 3/4 picks are up, you have to go through the same exercise comparing option available at 3/4 vs. what you expect there in 5/6 (adding in QB and TE to the mix to further complicate the equation)