[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pack vs Colts

BeeR

First play, Painter overthrows (a short throw too). Catchable actually, but not enough for "clay hands" Wayne. He's mostly misfired and showed weak pocket presence. This is IMO the Colts' season w/o a better QB. 'ski and Collins hardly wow me but either is easily better IMO. (now watch Collins go in and stink up the joint) No mention of 'ski. Did they dump him already?

OTOH Addai lookin good so far....

No D = just another year for Colt fans :wacko:

Even discounting the gimme TD, Painter really started settling down in the 2d Q, credit where it's due. I'd still probably roll the dice with Collins, but it gives at least a little hope. Curious to see him play. 'ski had mixed results also IMO but I'd still trust him over Painter.

Edited by BeeR

Quite an entertaining pre-season game, especially for the Colts. I thought they looked much improved over the Washington game last week. Painter showed something for the first time ever. Costanzo looked good.

Ernie Sims was all over the place. Why did the Lions let him go? And Tommie Harris will be a solid addition as well.

The Colts will be fine if Peyton is ready to roll. The longer he is out, the dicier their season will be.

I thought the Colts D looked pretty good tonight. :wacko:

Edited by CaptainHook

yeah, and those are ALWAYS hits...

They rarely don't make the team. Especially for the Colts, who rely heavily on the draft. He could have come out and fumbled three times tonight. There was no way he wasn't gonna make the team.

edit: I went and checked. Since Polian took over, the Colts have had 17 fourth round draft picks. 16 of them made the final cut. And there have been some very good picks in that round by the Colts. Austin Collie, Clint Session, Jacob Tamme, Dylan Gandy, Jason David, David Thornton, Ryan Diem, Steve McKinney, Steve Sciullo, and Josh Williams all went on to be starters for the Colts after being drafted in the fourth round. The rest were solid back-ups or special team players.

Edited by CaptainHook

Who looked betterat GB RB, Starks or Grant or Green or Nance? WE NEED TO KNOW.

None. Grant couldn't get anything going, Starks missed a block horribly and just set himself back in terms of playing on third downs. Nance is a non factor, Green is still too raw. Still think Grant gets the most yards and TDs out of the bunch.

He was a fourth round pick. :wacko:

Brilliant logic, as usual. I noticed you finally managed to later make an actual point w/this, amazingly, but acting like he's a lock for the team because he was a 4th rounder is pretty stupid, as none of the others were RBs and Polian is notorious for keeping a minimal complement of them around. In fact, Hart is the only other non-1st round RB pick I can think of offhand that Polian ever even drafted.

Re. GB RBs, I thought Starks showed some power and burst, but none really did much. Again Grant didn't really get much of a chance though as Colt run D was surprisingly good at clogging the lanes. I'm liking the possibilities of Harris having a swan song kind of year. Rodgers was tearing them up though.

Edited by BeeR