[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy Gambling League

Was just curious if anyone has ever tried a true fantasy gambling league before... We started on this idea at first as just a pick 'em challenge, but with how difficult it has become to use sites like Bodog with banks no longer allowing it, we decided to expand this idea into a full-on fantasy high-roller wagering challenge...

A few of us got together last night and hammered out these rules. Curious to get any input or ideas from those who've done something like this before:

OBJECT: This is 2 different contests wrapped up into one. First, to pick as many games correctly against the spread as possible, and second, to have the biggest imaginary bankroll at the end of the season. The winners of these contests will split the total pot (2nd places added with more than 10 people).

There is no minimum or maximum number of people who can participate in this. The only requirement is to be a wagering and spread junkie who wants to play...

RULES: At the beginning of the season each contestant is given a $10,000 bankroll. Each week, contestants will choose 5 NFL games to pick against the spread, and also place wagers on those games in $100 increments ($100 minimum/$500 maximum, $2,000 weekly wager cap). Bankrolls can go into negative $$ and will still be subject to the same $2,000 weekly wager cap.

WEEKLY WAGERS: Picks are due each week by 1:00 on Sunday, and will be based on the FINAL Bodog.com spread at game time. We will be using a forum where you can change your picks up until games lock down on Sunday at 1:00 PM. Results from previous weeks will also be posted on the forum.

If you wish to bet on Thursday games, you may do so, but that wager cannot be changed, removed or added after the start of the game and will be locked in as one of your picks if it is listed at the start of that game. All others can be changed until they lock down at 1:00 on Sunday.

WINNERS: As mentioned above, this is 2 separate contests that the pot will be split among (1 entry for each). The team that ends with the best winning percentage against the spread will be the winner of contest 1, the team that accumulates the most $$ through wagering will win contest 2.

TIE-BREAKERS: In the event that the season ends in a tie for either contest/winners, the first week of the NFL playoffs will be used to settle it. Teams will pick the spread from 3 games (and also wager if it's a tie for the $$ contest), and also pick the total score from the final game of the week in case the outcome of those picks/wagers comes out again in a tie.

In the unlikely event that the total score is a tie, this would continue each week of the playoffs with 1 less game until it is settled, or they're forced to flip a coin or split the prize.

Edited by delusions of granduer

Was just curious if anyone has ever tried a true fantasy gambling league before... We started on this idea at first as just a pick 'em challenge, but with how difficult it has become to use sites like Bodog with banks no longer allowing it, we decided to expand this idea into a full-on fantasy high-roller wagering challenge...

A few of us got together last night and hammered out these rules. Curious to get any input or ideas from those who've done something like this before:

sound solid. looking for participants?

sound solid. looking for participants?

We could be... Our biggest concern was keeping it among people who are passionate and knowledgeable about it to keep it competitive and fun, but I have to check with the guys who will be running it and keeping up with the spreadsheets before I commit too many to with this...

If they've got no issue, then I might even end up posting this in the Find A League if there's interest, but if you're a well-known reliable Huddler or in a BoTH league with me, then definitely shoot me a PM, and I'll let you know if they're cool with it. We're doing a $40 entry (leaguesafe), and I think it should be a lot of fun...