[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michael Vick extension

Bring Back Pat!!!

about $40 million guaranteed.

Eagle fans will be dividing the 8 games he stays healthy this year into $40 million and scrathing their heads why they are paying an injured player so much :wacko:

I will thoroughly enjoy seeing/hearing all the Eagles fans complaining about Vince Young's laziness and arrogance and "why did the front office stick us with this guy?"

Eagle fans will be dividing the 8 games he stays healthy this year into $40 million and scrathing their heads why they are paying an injured player so much :wacko:

I will thoroughly enjoy seeing/hearing all the Eagles fans complaining about Vince Young's laziness and arrogance and "why did the front office stick us with this guy?"

This is the thing. Everyone knows Vick is not playing 16 games. So how ever many games Young is the starter, do ya'll feel that confident with him at the helm? I think you lose 2 out of every 3 games he is in.

How and why? He is going to tutor under Vick and turn his career around, gimme a break.

No, he is going to tutor under Andy Reid. Who woulda thought Vick is where he's at now in the fantasy world? Don't think it's a stretch to say Young will have a "decent" spot start if need be, matchup-pending of course.

This is the thing. Everyone knows Vick is not playing 16 games. So how ever many games Young is the starter, do ya'll feel that confident with him at the helm? I think you lose 2 out of every 3 games he is in.

Mike Vick as starter - 46-31-1

Vince Young as starter - 30-17.

Just sayin'.

Hmmm, looking at Vick's passing stats, he had a CAREER year last year:

- comp pct was 8% higher than his career avg

- td pct was 1.5% higher than his career avg (but only .4% higher than his last season in Atl)

- int pct was roughly half his career avg

- yds/att was a full yard better than his previous career best, and a yard-and-a-half better than his career avg.

- yds/game was 50 yds better than his career best, and 100 yds above his career avg.

I guess if I were Philly I would have seen if last year was an aberration and made him show me again for a good chunk of this season (say 6-8 games) before handing out the big contract.

Assuming Andy Reid has helped him unlock his potential, I still think he regresses back to his averages and his stat line (assuming 12-14 starts) looks like about 3000 yds, 20 tds, 12 ints; probably add 700 yds rushing and 5-6 tds to that.

One other thing to note - while I think winning or losing a SB is far from solely on the shoulders of ANY single player, I think any "elite" QB should at least be around .500 in the playoffs. Vick so far is 2-5, with a passer rating of 73.5.

Edited by Chavez

he had Chris Johnson and a strong defense for the most part.....put him on the Bills and then we can talk....

...and that was about it.

he now has McCoy (no CJ, but certainly a capable RB), Jackson, Maclin.....certainly more weapons than he had in TEN. But you re right about the defense....Young likely won a few 16-10 games while compiling his solid record as a starter.

In other news, it was reported that the Eagles ran a few plays in practice with both Young AND Vick on the field :wacko: