[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

John Carlson - in case anyone cares

bushwacked

McCoy made some nifty plays last year and has some nice looking pass catching athleticism, he seemed to have a chance to overtake Carlson before this happened. But, the Hawks signed Zach Miller to a big contract a few weeks ago. So, you currently have a back up TE that almost certainly will take the #2 position on the depth chart if he hadn't already.

McCoy made some nifty plays last year and has some nice looking pass catching athleticism, he seemed to have a chance to overtake Carlson before this happened. But, the Hawks signed Zach Miller to a big contract a few weeks ago. So, you currently have a back up TE that almost certainly will take the #2 position on the depth chart if he hadn't already.

Yeah...forgot about Zach Miller since I don't have him on any of my 213 teams.

Seattle did not have the personel at TE last year (additional blocking TE) so Carlson was rendered useless. They are going to be running multiple 2 TE sets this year (Carlsons role would have been to block, freeing up Miller). Look for a veteran blocking TE signing very soon.

Seattle did not have the personel at TE last year (additional blocking TE) so Carlson was rendered useless. They are going to be running multiple 2 TE sets this year (Carlsons role would have been to block, freeing up Miller). Look for a veteran blocking TE signing very soon.

:wacko: A few of us were telling you to put the crack pipe down last year when you were over-drafting Carlson and projecting him to go top 5.

You'll have to show me his block/pass run splits, and see how they compared to the prevous years, but I don't think he blocked all that much last year, relative to his first two year. He generally sucks at blocking. Carlson has been rendered useless for a couple seasons now because he's not as good as everyone thought he was. Again, his rookie year numbers were over-inflated catching wise because Seattle's entire WR core was injured.

In pre-season, before his injury, Carlson was not blocking with the 1st team, he was playing in the 2nd half with the scrubs.

As I side note, I'd be wary of projecting Miller to do to much as the O-line pass blocking has been abysmal, and unlike Carlson last year, Miller may be doing a lot of blocking.

Edited by bushwacked