[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Biggest Sleeper pick

joeAMMO

Steve Smith, PHL

One of those lil bugger that currently starts ahead if him is going to get hurt in the first month of the season....both are too small to withstand a full year of hugh hits (as Jackson showed last year).

Smith will get his chance, and flourish in a pass-happy system.

Steve Smith, PHL

One of those lil bugger that currently starts ahead if him is going to get hurt in the first month of the season....both are too small to withstand a full year of hugh hits (as Jackson showed last year).

Smith will get his chance, and flourish in a pass-happy system.

Isn't he on the PUP and will miss the first 6 games?

Going out on a limb and saying: Lex Hilliard. Not seeing Daniel Thomas getting it done, and certainly hasn't looked like anything special in the preseason, and LJ is old tired and done, his days are long behind him. The following is a post I made on a rival site a couple months ago when somebody asked who this year's Peyton Hillis would be (also someone I picked up before he got his opportunity, and still have), and I'm going to stick to it, although I'd be surprised to see Hilliard get a lot of opportunity at the very beginning of the year barring injury. Wait for Thomas/Bush and the Miami running game to flop first:

This year's Peyton Hillis will be none other than.........................

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Lex Hilliard!

a comparison:

Hillis: 6'2, 250

Hilli-ard: 5'11, 240

Hillis: Played fullback in college, and initially in the NFL

Hilli-ard: Played fullback in college, and initially in the NFL

Hillis: Good receiver out of the backfield

Hilli-ard: Good receiver out of the backfield

Hillis: 40 time: 4.64 40 low: 4.54 40 high: 4.72 10 yard dash: 1.59 20 yard dash: 2.68

Hilli-ard: 40 time: 4.68 40 low: 4.58 40 high: 4.78 10 yard dash: 1.56 20 yard dash: 2.68

Hillis: White runningback

Hilliard: Mulatto runningback

Hillis: Good all around back, running, blocking, receiving

Hilliard: Good all around back, running, blocking, receiving

Hillis: Played for Arkansas (a very manly state)

Hilli-ard: Played for Montana (an equally manly state)

Hillis: Played for the college team in the state he was born and raised.

Hilli-ard: Played for the college team in the state he was born and raised.

Hillis: Drafted be the Broncos

Hilli-ard: Drafted by the Dolphins (both are animals, native to their respective areas)

Hillis: Drafted 7th round pick 20 227 overall in 2008 NFL draft

Hilli-ard: Drafted 6th round pick 38 204 overall in 2008 NFL draft

Hillis: Got his break after a rookie who was drafted to be starter ahead of him last year didn't pan out. That rookie was 6'0 225 pounds and picked in round 2, pick 27

Hilli-ard: Will have a rookie runningback ahead of him this year, who Miami "hopes" will pan out. That rookie is 6'0, 230 pounds and was picked this year in round 2, pick 30.

So there you have it! This year's Peyton Hillis will be none other than Lex Hilli-ard!

And fyi...I did nab Peyton Hillis in the 4th round of my league's rookie/free agent draft this past year...that was prior to the injury to hardesty. It basically made my season. All those coincidences aside, Hilliard is obviously a stretch, but I plan to take a flyer on him in my deep league rookie/free agent draft later this month all the same. That's if I don't hold onto him and cut somebody else instead, which I just may. His few stats during his very limited amount of playing time in 2009 don't look all too bad, especially his receiving stats. A perfect 20 receptions on 20 targets for a combined 158 yards and 2 TDs, for that matter. After Peyton Hillis basically broke the mold for modern runningbacks last year, Hilli-ard may have a decent chance to follow that up this coming season.

Other names on my team that I acquired for my 30 man roster as potential sleepers:

Donnie Avery

Alfonso Smith

Bernard Berrian

Tandon Doss

Marcus Easley

Desmon Briscoe

Brian Robiskie

Jerome Simpson (wasn't much of a sleeper a few months ago, but since he's had a very quiet preseason I'll add his name. The QB situation in Cincy is questionable right now with the rookie starting, but the team is awful and will be behind a lot I'm sure and forced to throw often, especially late in games, ie garbage time touchdowns).

Edited by Crazysight

Going out on a limb and saying: Lex Hilliard. Not seeing Daniel Thomas getting it done, and certainly hasn't looked like anything special in the preseason, and LJ is old tired and done, his days are long behind him. The following is a post I made on a rival site a couple months ago when somebody asked who this year's Peyton Hillis would be (also someone I picked up before he got his opportunity, and still have), and I'm going to stick to it, although I'd be surprised to see Hilliard get a lot of opportunity at the very beginning of the year barring injury. Wait for Thomas/Bush and the Miami running game to flop first:

This year's Peyton Hillis will be none other than.........................

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Lex Hilliard!

a comparison:

Hillis: 6'2, 250

Hilli-ard: 5'11, 240

Hillis: Played fullback in college, and initially in the NFL

Hilli-ard: Played fullback in college, and initially in the NFL

Hillis: Good receiver out of the backfield

Hilli-ard: Good receiver out of the backfield

Hillis: 40 time: 4.64 40 low: 4.54 40 high: 4.72 10 yard dash: 1.59 20 yard dash: 2.68

Hilli-ard: 40 time: 4.68 40 low: 4.58 40 high: 4.78 10 yard dash: 1.56 20 yard dash: 2.68

Hillis: White runningback

Hilliard: Mulatto runningback

Hillis: Good all around back, running, blocking, receiving

Hilliard: Good all around back, running, blocking, receiving

Hillis: Played for Arkansas (a very manly state)

Hilli-ard: Played for Montana (an equally manly state)

Hillis: Played for the college team in the state he was born and raised.

Hilli-ard: Played for the college team in the state he was born and raised.

Hillis: Drafted be the Broncos

Hilli-ard: Drafted by the Dolphins (both are animals, native to their respective areas)

Hillis: Drafted 7th round pick 20 227 overall in 2008 NFL draft

Hilli-ard: Drafted 6th round pick 38 204 overall in 2008 NFL draft

Hillis: Got his break after a rookie who was drafted to be starter ahead of him last year didn't pan out. That rookie was 6'0 225 pounds and picked in round 2, pick 27

Hilli-ard: Will have a rookie runningback ahead of him this year, who Miami "hopes" will pan out. That rookie is 6'0, 230 pounds and was picked this year in round 2, pick 30.

So there you have it! This year's Peyton Hillis will be none other than Lex Hilli-ard!

And fyi...I did nab Peyton Hillis in the 4th round of my league's rookie/free agent draft this past year...that was prior to the injury to hardesty. It basically made my season. All those coincidences aside, Hilliard is obviously a stretch, but I plan to take a flyer on him in my deep league rookie/free agent draft later this month all the same. That's if I don't hold onto him and cut somebody else instead, which I just may. His few stats during his very limited amount of playing time in 2009 don't look all too bad, especially his receiving stats. A perfect 20 receptions on 20 targets for a combined 158 yards and 2 TDs, for that matter. After Peyton Hillis basically broke the mold for modern runningbacks last year, Hilli-ard may have a decent chance to follow that up this coming season.

I just as soon draft Lex Luther before hillard.

What about Jacoby Ford? I know he may not be a stereotypical sleeper, but given his speed and ability to catch the ball and he is also the return man in Oakland, he maybe able to score some points for owners. He might be more of a breakout player than a sleeper. I just think he is in a pretty decent situation and if you can get him at a good price then why not?