[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A rating system to rate your team and league.....

NOSaint237

I don't think this is by any means ground breaking but I came up with it last night and I like it a lot. I normally do predictions every year in my leagues and thought I'd add a rating to each team in addition to projected record. This is what I came up with.

It's a 50pt max rating:

1-10 rating on QB

1-10 rating on RB

1-10 rating on WR

1-8 rating on TE

1-5 rating on Depth

1-7 rating on Coach

It's pretty self explanatory with 10 being the highest rating. I take each position as a group into account minus QB and TE. That will depend on your lineup options. I've been playing with the same people for a while so I know tendencies and general knowledge of each owner to factor in the coach rating. I also factor in waiver participation. Some owners in my leagues are very inactive.

Just thought I'd share it. Hopefully someone gets some use of it.

Sorry to crap on your idea too much, but:

1) An arbitrary and subjective ranking from 1 to 10 tells us very little about scoring differentials at the position (which are what's important. A QB you rate a 1 might be closer in scoring to a 10, than a group of running backs you have listed as a 5).

2) Even if you were able to accurately predict and measure future performance (which no one is), it probably isn't going to tell you anything the scoreboard in week 4 won't (that you're either appear to be in good shape or you don't against your opponents).

In short, a subjective ranking not based on actual mathematics, projections and differentials is not going to yield any usable results that an eye-ball test won't. Worry about your own team, do your best and let the cards fall where they may for everyone else.

So, your rating of each team depends on how good they are at each position based on how you value the players?

Yes. It's based purely on how I value players. As mentioned, I'm not claiming this to be some mathematical formula to ensure fantasy football dominance. I do this for my leagues for entertainment purposes only and it turns out I'm quite good at it without using this rating. I hit I think 6 of 12 teams dead on last year. About 4 of them I was within a loss or two, and missed badly on one team (he got Hillis in free agency).

No I can't predict injuries.

No I can't predict who be Foster, Hillis, or Lloyd this year.

I repeat. It was only posted as a tool for someone who might want to take a stab at make some predictions for their league is all.