[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A. Foster to miss 3-4 weeks

Detfed91

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

in the interview on ESPN he just said he didn't think he would be ready for week 1...and that is based on Dr. Kaplan seeing the MRI that Foster posted on twitter...but there is no telling if the MRI is actually his...it probably is but you never know.

Edited by keggerz

Just found this...

Arian Foster tweeted an MRI of his hamstring injury Wednesday, and assures that he'll be "fine."

ESPN's John Clayton quickly jumped to the conclusion that Foster wouldn't be ready for Week 1 after viewing the MRI, but we didn't know Clayton has a medical background. "If I had a 'significant injury' why post it?" Foster then tweeted. "I'll be fine, it was just meant to make fun of the whole situation. Humor is lost nowadays." There have been rumors that Foster has a torn hamstring, but nothing to confirm them. Foster doesn't seem worried.

Just found this...

Arian Foster tweeted an MRI of his hamstring injury Wednesday, and assures that he'll be "fine."

ESPN's John Clayton quickly jumped to the conclusion that Foster wouldn't be ready for Week 1 after viewing the MRI, but we didn't know Clayton has a medical background. "If I had a 'significant injury' why post it?" Foster then tweeted. "I'll be fine, it was just meant to make fun of the whole situation. Humor is lost nowadays." There have been rumors that Foster has a torn hamstring, but nothing to confirm them. Foster doesn't seem worried.

MRI picture

Why the heck was he out jogging the last 2 days then ?

Houston Texans RB Arian Foster (hamstring) jogged on the side at practice Tuesday, Aug. 30, for the second consecutive day. 'He came out today and basically did what he did yesterday, stretched with the team, did a little jogging,' head coach Gary Kubiak said.

He just got hurt on Saturday, so trying to figure out point zero probably doesn't make much difference in the scope of the 3 to 4 week timeline. Sounds like Foster is going to miss the first 2 games of the regular season at the very least.

I tweeted "See ya in Week 3" the other day. Now I'm thinking Week 4. I've been around a long time and these always play out the same.

Next week they will backpedal and say "It's been 2 weeks and he feels a lot better"....

Foster will do a "limited" practice on Thursday and Friday (which means t-shirt and shorts, tossing a football with trainers).

Then the questionable tag and a DNP..

Week 2 they will say Foster "has turned the corner" and is "planting and cutting"...

Then the questionable tag and a DNP.

Rinse and repeat.

Why the heck was he out jogging the last 2 days then ?

Houston Texans RB Arian Foster (hamstring) jogged on the side at practice Tuesday, Aug. 30, for the second consecutive day. 'He came out today and basically did what he did yesterday, stretched with the team, did a little jogging,' head coach Gary Kubiak said.

You can jog with a hamstring pull all day if you're careful.

Does anyone have a guess on how the carries will be split b/t Ward and Tate.

Before or after Ward gets a second concussion?

Am I the only one who is kind of dumbfounded by this? Make no mistake, I'm not hoping or wishing for Ward to get another head injury, I just believe he's put himself in the precarious situation where a second one will be easier to happen, and also quite likely to happen. He pushed to come back after Tate blew up in preseason, and IMHO, that's going to cost him (especially long term health). All this after making "long term care" an "important" issue in the latest CBA? I can't believe neither he, himself nor the Texans are taking a bigger stance here - even if his baseline comparison tests indicate normalcy. And now hearing that Foster is pushing his hammy to come back ASAP... he's as good as done for the year, IMHO. Keep in mind though, I'm not a doctor (nor have I played one on TV). His next hammy injury will be the last for him this season. Tate is the guy to own here. At least that's how I'm rolling...

I tweeted "See ya in Week 3" the other day. Now I'm thinking Week 4. I've been around a long time and these always play out the same.

Next week they will backpedal and say "It's been 2 weeks and he feels a lot better"....

Foster will do a "limited" practice on Thursday and Friday (which means t-shirt and shorts, tossing a football with trainers).

Then the questionable tag and a DNP..

Week 2 they will say Foster "has turned the corner" and is "planting and cutting"...

Then the questionable tag and a DNP.

Rinse and repeat.

+1

Hammy pulls/tears are NEVER good for skill positions. Foster is now undraftable to me - at least in the first 2 rounds. No way can I take a chance on him and his tweaked hammy. Not to mention he was risky anyways due to the fact that only a couple of top 10 RBs repeat the following year. I just hope some of the more adept owners in my league still have him on their boards. Maybe I'll take Hightower in the 2nd now

:wacko:

+1

Hammy pulls/tears are NEVER good for skill positions. Foster is now undraftable to me - at least in the first 2 rounds. No way can I take a chance on him and his tweaked hammy. Not to mention he was risky anyways due to the fact that only a couple of top 10 RBs repeat the following year. I just hope some of the more adept owners in my league still have him on their boards. Maybe I'll take Hightower in the 2nd now

:tup:

Plus, you know, if he doesn't miss time now for the injury he'll miss it some time down the road. Keep your FA dollars in your pockets Huddlers. It won't be long now. :wacko:

+1

Doesn't that make all RB's risky?