[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A. Foster to miss 3-4 weeks

Detfed91

Are you trying to say Arian just has a little sand in his, well, you know?

I'm saying Doc C has seen some big Thighmasters in his day...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, which is why unless I have a top 3 pick I always go WR-WR in the first 2 rounds of my drafts.

:wacko:

Would it surprise you to learn that only 2 WRs from 2009's top 10 PPR made it into 2010's top 10?

Just Andre Johnson and Reggie Wayne repeated.

Which then, according to your logic, makes WRs even more risky than RBs.

Would it surprise you to learn that only 2 WRs from 2009's top 10 PPR made it into 2010's top 10?

Just Andre Johnson and Reggie Wayne repeated.

Which then, according to your logic, makes WRs even more risky than RBs.

Why do so many of you feel like it's your duty to tell me how to draft MY team?

2 things - my league's scoring system shows that 4 WRs repeated from 2009>2010. Also, for ME the probability of success in finding sleeper RBs in the later rounds is higher than finding sleeper WRs - so for ME I like to load up on WRs early because for ME it's easier to project the top WRs over the top RBs. I win money every year in fantasy, so I think I'll stick to what works for..... ME.

2 things - my league's scoring system shows that 4 WRs repeated from 2009>2010. Also, for ME the probability of success in finding sleeper RBs in the later rounds is higher than finding sleeper WRs - so for ME I like to load up on WRs early because for ME it's easier to project the top WRs over the top RBs. I win money every year in fantasy, so I think I'll stick to what works for..... ME.

So you are sayin it is all about you? :wacko:

Someone posted this above but no one seems to be paying attention. John Clayton did not "obtain" the MRI as The Huddle news states. Foster himself tweeted a picture out to all his followers and also said that he would be fine. Clayton jumped to a conclusion that has not been confirmed by Foster or anyone in the Texans organization.

Someone posted this above but no one seems to be paying attention. John Clayton did not "obtain" the MRI as The Huddle news states. Foster himself tweeted a picture out to all his followers and also said that he would be fine. Clayton jumped to a conclusion that has not been confirmed by Foster or anyone in the Texans organization.

+1

You say chight like "that's what exceptional people like me do". You imply that we can't understand your brand of genius. You imply that you're on to something amazing that we can't grasp.

And then you get pissy when people argue against your points?

Fosters tweets:

This is an MRI of my hamstring, The white stuff surrounding the muscle is known in the medical world as anti-awesom...

Then, he followed up with:

If I had a "significant injury" why post it? I'll be fine, it was jus meant to make fun of the whole situation. Humor is lost nowadays.

Foster responded by saying that the mri was a joke, and that Clayton had no sense of humor. Was Foster claiming that this was not his mri? If it was his mri, ESPN's resident doctor read the mri and made his diagnosis. I find it hard to believe that this was all a big joke by Foster. Where there is smoke there is usually fire.

You can jog with a hamstring pull all day if you're careful.

As a competitive distance runner I would never jog with a hammy pull. I would let it heal which means complete rest. Jogging on it would prohib the healing process. If he actually tore the hamstring I couldn't imagine the team would allow him to do that.

Ultimately, it is what it is. Those of us who already drafted him need to hope for the best and those who haven't need to assume the worst and downgrade him accordingly because we've all seen these things linger. Damned Fred Taylor and his hammy/groin issues when it looked like he'd be all-world showed that to us.

And, in my book, that certainly pushes him below any elite RB without health issues, certainly including AP, Rice, JC, Mendy, and McCoy in the right scoring system. Which means, in my final draft, I hope that I'm either high enough that I can go with one of those guys (Ideally the top 3), or low enough that he's someone else's headache.

reminds me of when i drafted slaton after his breakout year. . .think it was his second year as well. i took him with the fifth pick overall and then had issues with fumbling and then an injury.

note to self - do not draft second year rbs in houston.

Edited by slainte

reminds me of when i drafted slaton after his breakout year. . .think it was his second year as well. i took him with the fifth pick overall and then had issues with fumbling and then an injury.

note to self - do not draft second year rbs in houston.

Ha! Me too (Slaton). I'm a Houston homer and can't help myself. I took Foster at #1 last night. But, I also took Tate in round 10 and Ward in the last round (16). Fool me once...yadda yadda yadda..... :wacko:

I am not going to worry about it. I think you all freaking out for no reason. He said he was joking around.

Still 11 days before his first game. I would still draft him if i had the first 2 spots, and I would love for him to fall to me in my draft where i have the 8th and 11th pick in my last draft

Edited by jharrer1980

something else I just ran across on it....

ESPN medical analyst Michael Kaplan insists Arian Foster is "very unlikely" to play in Week 1 after examining the MRI Foster tweeted of his injured hamstring on Wednesday.

Just be sure to take this with a grain of salt. We never trust third-party medical opinions and are just relaying an opinion. "He's torn some of the muscle fibers, we'll call it Grade 1 to 2," said Kaplan. "There's a fair amount of swelling and bleeding on the MRI, so this is real. ... It's gonna be a couple weeks at least. If you get him back too soon, he's at a high risk of re-rupture. I think they're gonna go a little slow with him."

Source: ESPN.com Aug 31 - 3:50 PM