[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chris Johson call me sily call me rude, but call me please too

Millbam5

I don't post alot and I've been on the huddle a long time.

Maybe I'm missing something so corect me if I'm wrong.

-Chris Johnson had a great season 2 years ago.

-He gripped last year so was given more money, correct?

-Last season he talked all this crude of 2500 yards, correct?

-Last season his numbers were down at least 25% from the previous season, correct?

-So basically after a down year, he is holding out because he wants more money after less production, correct?

What am I missing?

How about you call me sily call me rude, but call me please and play

-Last season his numbers were down at least 25% from the previous season, correct?

-So basically after a down year, he is holding out because he wants more money after less production, correct?

What am I missing?

What you're missing is context. Don't compare 10 to '09, which was yardage-wise the 5th-best rushing season in NFL history. Compare him to OTHER backs.

Rush yds - 09 1st, 10 4th

Rush tds - 09 3rd, 10 6th

Yds/game - 09 1st, 10 7th

So even though his #s weren't as eye-popping as they were in '09, he was STILL at top-10 producer at RB in '10.

What am I missing?

How about you call me sily call me rude, but call me please and play

Call me sily call me rude but maybe you should look at the two years combined compared against the other top backs and factor in that he's still young and as fast as a trip to the camode after taco bell.

Exactly. He's "one" of the best running backs yet wants to be paid above THE BEST RUNNING BACK. He wants to be paid like a quarteback.

So who IS "the best RB" right now? Over the past 3 seasons, Johnson has the most rushing yds in the league, 3rd most rushing tds, the ONLY 2000 yd season, and a 5 ypc average.

If he isn't THE best, he's certainly prominent in the conversation.

I agree he is underpaid but how can he want money above the highest paid RB in the NFL when his production dropped???

Get in camp as his boss asked and then he will get paid.

If you're trying to argue that Chris Johnson isn't the top...two... or three running backs in the NFL...

+ his upside of lasting longer than the average RB because of his elusive style...

+ "Over the past 3 seasons, Johnson has the most rushing yds in the league, 3rd most rushing tds, the ONLY 2000 yd season, and a 5 ypc average. "

You fail?

Titans landed a golden goose or a gold egg laying goose or a golden egg machine. whatever the saying is... it's time for them to pay

So who IS "the best RB" right now? Over the past 3 seasons, Johnson has the most rushing yds in the league, 3rd most rushing tds, the ONLY 2000 yd season, and a 5 ypc average.

If he isn't THE best, he's certainly prominent in the conversation.

let me clear my throat

Really Titans management, your organization stinks, you've successfully run it into the ground these past few years, and Chris Johnson has been the ONLY thing you've had or gotten right during that time. As reward for filling all your seats and selling merchandise you've paid him a meager 800,000 a year, which would be cheap considering that he was a first round pick even if he hadn't yet played a single down in the NFL. Vick just got 40 million guaranteed and despite that he's a quarterback, he's also 31 years old and his career success has been entirely a result of his 4.1 40 speed. If he runs like Tom Brady Vick isn't even a starter in the arena league or CFL, much less the "Most exciting player" in the NFL. And for how many more years do you think Mike V will be as fast and elusive as he is now, comparable to how many years CJ can be a top 10 runningback? Pay the man you stupid cheapskates. And you should have fired Jeff Fisher years ago.

Edited by Crazysight

And if Arian Foster isn't the perfect example of why CJ was right to hold out, look at where Foster is now. He too is making something like a paltry 800,000 a year (paltry by NFL standards anyways, I'd still take it), and would have obviously been much better served to do the same as CJ and wait for his organization to show some appreciation of him.

Really Titans management, your organization stinks, you've successfully run it into the ground these past few years, and Chris Johnson has been the ONLY thing you've had or gotten right during that time. As reward for filling all your seats and selling merchandise you've paid him a meager 800,000 a year, which would be cheap considering that he was a first round pick even if he hadn't yet played a single down in the NFL. Vick just got 40 million guaranteed and despite that he's a quarterback, he's also 31 years old and his career success has been entirely a result of his 4.1 40 speed. If he runs like Tom Brady Vick isn't even a starter in the arena league or CFL, much less the "Most exciting player" in the NFL. And for how many more years do you think Mike V will be as fast and elusive as he is now, comparable to how many years CJ can be a top 10 runningback? Pay the man you stupid cheapskates. And you should have fired Jeff Fisher years ago.

you forgot the to mention he has a canon for an arm and, as we discovered last year, he can throw surgical strikes. aside from that, he's has better than average vision and can keep a play alive when his offensive line sh*ts the bed (which happens quite often).

i don't fault johnson for holding out. dude has mad skills and the numbers to back it up.

although being a top running back requires l33t athleticism, it pales in comparison to the additional tasks of learning a play book and assuming most of the responsibility for its execution. and when the team loses a game, which guy on the roster faces the press more often than you know who.

like most jobs, the pay is commensurate with the level of visibility, exposure, and impact you have to the company's success or failure.

i cannot believe the two are being compared. :wacko:

the qb position is the toughest in the nfl. no contest.

absolutely redonkulous. . .

Edited by slainte

So even though his #s weren't as eye-popping as they were in '09, he was STILL at top-10 producer at RB in '10.

And the Titans are willing to make him the highest paid running back. But he wants to be paid like a quarterback, and he's nowhere close to doing what top QB's do... You know... Win games and stuff.

Key word...contract - it's sad that it means nothing nowadays. I agree 100% that he is underpaid (by a LOT), but that should be even more reason to work your butt off to get that big payday (when the current contract is expired). I have zero respect for those that won't play their contracts through and hold out of camp. In my profession I sign contracts often...it is almost unheard of to back out of one, and when you do you probably won't get a job ever again. That's why I feel the way I do (even though I understand some do not agree with me).

Edited by ParLawGod

Key word...contract - it's sad that it means nothing nowadays. I agree 100% that he is underpaid (by a LOT), but that should be even more reason to work your butt off to get that big payday (when the current contract is expired). I have zero respect for those that won't play their contracts through and hold out of camp. In my profession I sign contracts often...it is almost unheard of to back out of one, and when you do you probably won't get a job ever again. That's why I feel the way I do (even though I understand some do not agree with me).

the argument for the holdout is that the team can cut bait on him at a moment's notice. even though he's performing now, if he continues to play on the cheap, he puts himself at risk of getting injured and missing out on the big pay day that every high performing athlete looks forward to.

i can see all this, but i don't understand how he deserves to be the highest paid player in the league.

the more i think about it, if he enjoyed playing for the titans, i don't think his price would be as demanding. perhaps his demands would be more reasonable if he felt he was playing for a more competitive team. but he's willing to continue playing for them if the contract was beyond lucrative.

they said they were prepared to make him the highest payed rb in the league. are they lying?

if anyone of us were building a team, would we place more value on a top qb or rb?

why doesn't he just ask for a trade? better yet, why doesn't his agent demand that he ask for a trade?

Edited by slainte

they said they were prepared to make him the highest payed rb in the league. are they lying?

I read on ESPN or somewhere that the actual offer was like 8 mil a year.. which is not the highest RB.

----

if anyone of us were building a team, would we place more value on a top qb or rb?

As the prospective NFL team owner you are... how many rookie QBs/ RBs Actually become successful in the NFL?

Chris Johnson is proven that he can be/ IS the best RB in History (2500 APY in 2009)... Are you going to shell out top dollar to each year's top new RB/ QB picks? Or pay for the Golden Goose SURE THING sitting in your lap.