[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chris Johson call me sily call me rude, but call me please too

Millbam5

He's one of the best at what he does, and wants to be compensated accordingly. I don't blame him at all for holding out.

I don't either. I believe in honoring contracts, but when CJ is being paid $800K given his track record, TEN ought to be willing to reward him for performance far exceeding his compensatory value.

That said, TEN has had a $10M/yr offer on the table for quite a while (AD money) and CJ has steadfastly held out for $13M/yr. Given this, TEN is doing the right thing by telling him to piss off.

I read on ESPN or somewhere that the actual offer was like 8 mil a year.. which is not the highest RB.

----

As the prospective NFL team owner you are... how many rookie QBs/ RBs Actually become successful in the NFL?

Chris Johnson is proven that he can be/ IS the best RB in History (2500 APY in 2009)... Are you going to shell out top dollar to each year's top new RB/ QB picks? Or pay for the Golden Goose SURE THING sitting in your lap.

most of this is contingent on what players are available, but if i want my team to be competitive, i would allocate more funds to my on field manager. it really is that simple. so if i had to choose who gets more of my dollars between a top qb and a top rb, to the qb it goes. otherwise, you're limited in terms of what you can do with the offense and defenses will just stack the box all day long. all this requires a balancing act between all the other pieces like linebackers, receivers, lions, tigers, and bears - oh my.

i'm an eagles season ticket holder and the one thing that frustrates the hell out of me is that they don't invest enough in the offensive line. if you think they're competitive now, imagine how effective they'd be if they could keep vick upright. is mccoy a johnson? no way. but the team as a whole were one completion away from advancing past greenbay last year. can the titans say the same?

would chris johnson be as effective without his offensive line? he is elusive and can make defenders miss. but his overall impact to the team's success is limited by the number of options they have in the offense.

simply put, the game of football is an eco-system.

in building a team, my goal is simple - win a superbowl.

not until chris johnson becomes the ONLY reason i'm winning PLAYOFF games do i make him the highest paid player in the league. if my goal is only to get fans in the seats and increase my sales of number 28 spamshirts, then sure, why not?

make him the highest paid runningback in the league. he deserves that. but the highest paid player?

'cmon man. . .