[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SOFA 10 LIVE DRAFT

WJW

Our own John Tuvey will be representing The Huddle again in this industry expert 10-team league draft. You can track the live draft picks here.

SOFA 10 Draft Report

What are the rules? I'm guessing a PPR league since he has 2 TE by Rd 12 already.

Looks like a classic tail end spot, waiting on QB strategy draft. In my league I'm drafting 10th also so I've done a ton of mocks and the same guys always seem to be there when it's my picks.

What are the rules? I'm guessing a PPR league since he has 2 TE by Rd 12 already.

Looks like a classic tail end spot, waiting on QB strategy draft. In my league I'm drafting 10th also so I've done a ton of mocks and the same guys always seem to be there when it's my picks.

PPR, start 1-2-3-1-1-1 plus a flex. Took Lewis there because he was far and away the best value on the board, the guys I liked were likely to be around later, and despite DMD's repeated beatings I'm still not fully converted to the church of Vernon Davis (though he, too, was the best TE value on the board in R7 when I took him). I would have taken Winslow, who I think will be very big this year, but I already had Mike Williams and LeGarrette Blount and didn't want to go overboard on Buccaneers (no pun intended).

2V

PPR, start 1-2-3-1-1-1 plus a flex. Took Lewis there because he was far and away the best value on the board, the guys I liked were likely to be around later, and despite DMD's repeated beatings I'm still not fully converted to the church of Vernon Davis (though he, too, was the best TE value on the board in R7 when I took him). I would have taken Winslow, who I think will be very big this year, but I already had Mike Williams and LeGarrette Blount and didn't want to go overboard on Buccaneers (no pun intended).

2V

I see a lot of my targets littering your roster. A very nice representation of the Huddle staff. So I say nice job! Should kick some ASS!

I was fully prepared to go WR/WR at #10 but Mendenhall was too much to pass up. Starting 3WR with Roddy, Mike Williams, and Boldin--all of whom I have in my personal top 13--makes me happy. The backs aren't classic PPR backs but should all be 20-carry guys. Waiting on QB paid off with Roethlisberger; I was one pick from getting Brees in R5 and would have done so. Hoped Witten or Dallas Clark would get back to me, but DMD is a Vernon Davis apologist so I can't be too upset getting stuck with him. Led off both the D and K runs, but at 10 and with about 3-5 of each I would have been happy with I didn't think I could wait. About the only thing I didn't like was getting sniped on Bernard Berrian. But that was in R17, and it's Bernard Berrian so I can live with it.

The final results:

QB - Roethlisberger, McCoy

RB - Mendenhall, Greene, Blount, Addai, D Carter, Ridley

WR - White, M Williams (TB), Boldin, M Thomas, Meachem, E Decker

TE - V Davis, M Lewis

K - Bryant

DEF- Steelers

2V

I was fully prepared to go WR/WR at #10 but Mendenhall was too much to pass up. Starting 3WR with Roddy, Mike Williams, and Boldin--all of whom I have in my personal top 13--makes me happy. The backs aren't classic PPR backs but should all be 20-carry guys. Waiting on QB paid off with Roethlisberger; I was one pick from getting Brees in R5 and would have done so. Hoped Witten or Dallas Clark would get back to me, but DMD is a Vernon Davis apologist so I can't be too upset getting stuck with him. Led off both the D and K runs, but at 10 and with about 3-5 of each I would have been happy with I didn't think I could wait. About the only thing I didn't like was getting sniped on Bernard Berrian. But that was in R17, and it's Bernard Berrian so I can live with it.

The final results:

QB - Roethlisberger, McCoy

RB - Mendenhall, Greene, Blount, Addai, D Carter, Ridley

WR - White, M Williams (TB), Boldin, M Thomas, Meachem, E Decker

TE - V Davis, M Lewis

K - Bryant

DEF- Steelers

2V

Yeah, you really could have used Berrian there for depth, but there is always the waiver wire. Obviously I would have rather seen you go WR/WR at the first turn, because with another stud receiver there in place of Boldin, and I think you would still have had enough at RB to pull it off. But as long as you maximize your RB matchups you should have enough firepower to be right in there.