[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Arian Foster

junta

Anyone else getting tired of this Arian Foster injury drama?

First, he gets hurt on the first carry of training camp.

Then he 'heals' and plays well in week two. No sign of any problems. Told the world he was 100%.

Week 3 he hobbles off of the field, throws his helmet. The next day he says it is nothing. He calls people concerned over fantasy 'sick'. Says it is a 'mild' injury.

The next several days we seem to have a constant reassurance/downplay campaign in effect from Foster who keeps insisting everything is great. It is a minor injury.

Then we hear he jogged a little in practice. Then in the next practice he jogged even more. Whoopee! All the while Foster keeps reassuring people he is fine.

Then we get reports that it is actually a grade 2 injury. He can potentially miss 4-6 weeks or more. Foster comes out in denial and even posts his MRI on twitter.

Attention Mr. Foster: You were in the right place at the right time last year. Everyone the team wanted to run the ball got injured, which left only you. You ran behind maybe the best O-Line in the league. Why the desperation to convince the world that you will be fine? It is starting to seem like it is YOU who you are trying to convince. Ben Tate will fill in just fine along with D. Ward. In fact, they will run behind the same O-Line and will probably resemble your success from last year. You could probably plug in anyone behind that line and get decent numbers.

Does Foster really believe that he is something special? Does anyone else? Yes, it is an incredible story, but this is the NFL. Tate looks monstrous this preseason. He will fill the role and when Foster comes back people will be wondering why they will mess with a good thing.

Foster should do a few things in the coming weeks. 1) Shut up about the injury. I mean really, just shut up. Tough to deny that you are hurt when your team doctors keep you out for 4-6 weeks. The constant reassurances just need to stop. No one cares. Well, thats not true. Fantasy owners who did not draft Tate care. 2) Stop jogging. You are just making things worse. 3) Let the injury fully heal. You rushed back from your last hammy pull and look what happened. Why rush back? Are you only concerned about your contract? Maybe you should have thought about that last time when you just had to get back to preseason play. Maybe you should start focusing on extending your career rather than your contract. Because if you treat this as if it is no big deal, your career path might take a big turn in the coming years.

Is it me, or is it almost like Foster is trying to convince fantasy football players that they should still take him with a top 3 pick?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how do you know what his team doctors have said? love Foster jerking around fantasy dorks like you. your ranting is proof enough of his genius.

Says the guy who already drafted and didn't take Foster :wacko:

Says the guy who already drafted and didn't take Foster :wacko:

Actually, I kept Foster for a 2nd in my keeper league, and someone snagged Tate before me. I could of picked him in my work league #1 but preferred AP even before the re-injury. I'm just finding all this very amusing.

What is insane is the speculation. Clayton had a doctor take a look at the MRI????? You mean Clayton had a doctor look at a CELL PHONE PICTURE of an MRI. Holy Ship... We have to be kidding. Not only that but an MRI is a fluid diagnostic image. Now we have the whole media SPECULATING he is out 4 weeks. Mean while back at the ranch the status hasn't changed. They are standing by their story that he will be ready week 1.

HMMMMMMMM which sides story would sell more air time? Money money money..... Really what do the Texans gain or lose here? Colts all out of sorts b/c they do not know who to game for Foster, Ward or Tate...seriously doubt that.

We will not remember this on September 9th.

What is insane is the speculation. Clayton had a doctor take a look at the MRI????? You mean Clayton had a doctor look at a CELL PHONE PICTURE of an MRI. Holy Ship... We have to be kidding. Not only that but an MRI is a fluid diagnostic image. Now we have the whole media SPECULATING he is out 4 weeks. Mean while back at the ranch the status hasn't changed. They are standing by their story that he will be ready week 1.

HMMMMMMMM which sides story would sell more air time? Money money money..... Really what do the Texans gain or lose here? Colts all out of sorts b/c they do not know who to game for Foster, Ward or Tate...seriously doubt that.

We will not remember this on September 9th.

Anyone who has had a hamstring tear and MRI can easily identify the tear on a MRI (Me being one). It's a glaring lower hamstring tear. If it's his, is one thing. Even Tedy Bruschi was having a W---T---F moment about Foster asinine tweet of posting an injury like that.

+1

in addition, he played most of last year injured. It's as silly as letting MJD fall to the 2nd round -- thank you to those who made that possible for me to get MDJ with the 20th pick :tup:

When he performs like the 50th pick, you will know why you got him at 20. :wacko:

Then he 'heals' and plays well in week two. No sign of any problems. Told the world he was 100%.

Week 3 he hobbles off of the field, throws his helmet. The next day he says it is nothing. He calls people concerned over fantasy 'sick'. Says it is a 'mild' injury.

The next several days we seem to have a constant reassurance/downplay campaign in effect from Foster who keeps insisting everything is great. It is a minor injury.

Then we hear he jogged a little in practice. Then in the next practice he jogged even more. Whoopee! All the while Foster keeps reassuring people he is fine.

Then we get reports that it is actually a grade 2 injury. He can potentially miss 4-6 weeks or more. Foster comes out in denial and even posts his MRI on twitter.

Attention Mr. Foster: You were in the right place at the right time last year. Everyone the team wanted to run the ball got injured, which left only you. You ran behind maybe the best O-Line in the league. Why the desperation to convince the world that you will be fine? It is starting to seem like it is YOU who you are trying to convince. Ben Tate will fill in just fine along with D. Ward. In fact, they will run behind the same O-Line and will probably resemble your success from last year. You could probably plug in anyone behind that line and get decent numbers.

Does Foster really believe that he is something special? Does anyone else? Yes, it is an incredible story, but this is the NFL. Tate looks monstrous this preseason. He will fill the role and when Foster comes back people will be wondering why they will mess with a good thing.

Foster should do a few things in the coming weeks. 1) Shut up about the injury. I mean really, just shut up. Tough to deny that you are hurt when your team doctors keep you out for 4-6 weeks. The constant reassurances just need to stop. No one cares. Well, thats not true. Fantasy owners who did not draft Tate care. 2) Stop jogging. You are just making things worse. 3) Let the injury fully heal. You rushed back from your last hammy pull and look what happened. Why rush back? Are you only concerned about your contract? Maybe you should have thought about that last time when you just had to get back to preseason play. Maybe you should start focusing on extending your career rather than your contract. Because if you treat this as if it is no big deal, your career path might take a big turn in the coming years.

Is it me, or is it almost like Foster is trying to convince fantasy football players that they should still take him with a top 3 pick?

You seem bitter about this. You wouldn't happen to be a Tennessee Vols fan would you? Cuz then I would understand.

From John McClain's blog (Houston Chronicle):

Expect Foster to be ready for Colts

I imagine the Texans are furious that Arian Foster tweeted a picture of the MRI he underwent after aggravating his hamstring injury against San Francisco.

Foster created his second Twitter controversy since the 49ers game. He took a shot at fans who sent him tweets blasting him for getting injured. Some were incredibly ugly, by the way.

Now I imagine he’s going to be fined by the Texans for tweeting his MRI.

For those fans who are wondering about Foster’s availability for the opener against Indianapolis, here’s the deal: No one can be 100 percent sure because he could hurt it again. But when he suffered the first hamstring injury in camp, I watched him limp around. I watched him wear ice on it every day and limp around the facility.

Since the Texans returned from San Francisco, Foster hasn’t been limping. He’s been jogging at two practices. They left him behind to rehab rather than make the trip to Minnesota for the last preseason game.

I’ve talked to just about everyone about Foster’s hamstring, including Foster, and I expect him to play against the Colts.

Excellent. My Ben Tate pick is looking better and better.

Ridiculous. Foster and the fans actually believe that he NEEDS to play.

This ain't high school.

:wacko:

Did you read the article, because he said that they're expecting Foster to be ready for week 1... That doesn't mean the hammy might not be a lingering issue, but there is no more indication that Tate is in line for significant carries right now... Plus early on, the guy who knows how to pass-protect and can still average a similar YPC behind that line looks to be the best bet for carries (i.e., Ward)

Um, yeah, I'm tired of the injury. I took him in an auction draft so I would certainly prefer that he be healthy.

Then again, I figured that didn't actually need explaining.

Coupled together these two posts made me chuckle

:wacko:

Did you read the article, because he said that they're expecting Foster to be ready for week 1... That doesn't mean the hammy might not be a lingering issue, but there is no more indication that Tate is in line for significant carries right now... Plus early on, the guy who knows how to pass-protect and can still average a similar YPC behind that line looks to be the best bet for carries (i.e., Ward)

really?

Quick question . . . can you provide the YPC for Tate and Ward this preseason? TIA. :tup:

I think Ward is around a stunning 2.2 YPC, where tate is averaging somewhere around a 7.3 YPC.

really?

Quick question . . . can you provide the YPC for Tate and Ward this preseason? TIA. :wacko:

I think Ward is around a stunning 2.2 YPC, where tate is averaging somewhere around a 7.3 YPC.

What's Tate done in a regular season game? The Texans know what Ward will do...Tate, not so much.

really?

Quick question . . . can you provide the YPC for Tate and Ward this preseason? TIA. :wacko:

Now what was his YPC when you take a sample size of more than 8 preseason carries? I confess I thought his preseason #'s were better, but he averaged 6.3 yards last year, with a career 4.9 average on 506 carries... So unless you can show me where there's indication that Tate has looked like a good pass-protector, my money is on Ward as at least the short-term week 1-3 handcuff.

Edited by delusions of granduer