[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jermichael Finley hype train

delusions of grandeur

Finley hasnt proven anything. I dont ge this hype on him year after year at all. Finley was out almost all year last year, and he's already having problems with his ankles this year. I have no idea why he's going as high as guys who prove themselves year in and year out. He's like the great TE hope. I'd rather wait until the 12th round and draft Kendricks.

Have you not watched the guy play? The only thing he hasn't proven is an ability to stay healthy... When he is, he brings WR1 upside as Rodgers favorite target in a pass-first offense... Is he overdrafted, maybe, but there is certainly a reason...

Also, who doesnt have questions in this TE group?

Edited by delusions of granduer

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the NO game plan was to take Finley out of the passing game. It didn't seem to work so well for them, as Jennings and Nelson were mismatched frequently. It did work at negating Finley, unfortunately for my PPR team. :wacko:

I agree... I think it's hilarious that the Graham owners are taking a victory lap in the other thread, while it's nothing but doubters here, even though Finely was just an arm-tackle away at the 5 from scoring, making for a near identical (and actually better) stat-line... Just like Graham had a quiet 1st half, he had a quiet 2nd half, as it looked like both teams succeeded in taking away the TEs, allowing everyone else to have a field day...

But that isn't going to happen every week. The more that D's have to respect the Packers other weapons, the more Finley will get open, and Rodgers will continue to look for him early and often and in the redzone... But I'm not gonna complain about 5 catches, pretty much in 1 half from a TE who hasn't played a real game in a year.

Edited by delusions of granduer

I put some serious stock into Finely this year and it looks like GB is becoming one of those teams where yes they are dominant, but because almost anyone can snag a TD including the hotdog vendor.

Not that they care about fantasy and it works, but in our own little world of fantasy it just sucks because theres way to many targets now and they are like NO with just so many targets, never know who will have a big week, it makes it tough for fantasy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Definitely a talent, but he's got a little Roy Williams to him. Drops too many passes for as much as he runs his mouth and showboats with the demonstrative first down signal after most catches.

Wow....I was just coming to post the same damn thing. Do you really have to be so demonstrative for catching a first down? Hated it when Roy was a Lion and don't understand it at all.

I start him in a non mandatory TE league. My thinking was he is probably better than a fair amount of wrs that I would be starting as my 3rd. In Mandatory TE leagues he will always be worth a start but outside of that he falls flat more than he satisfies

• 1 month later...
I agree... I think it's hilarious that the Graham owners are taking a victory lap in the other thread, while it's nothing but doubters here, even though Finely was just an arm-tackle away at the 5 from scoring, making for a near identical (and actually better) stat-line... Just like Graham had a quiet 1st half, he had a quiet 2nd half, as it looked like both teams succeeded in taking away the TEs, allowing everyone else to have a field day...

But that isn't going to happen every week. The more that D's have to respect the Packers other weapons, the more Finley will get open, and Rodgers will continue to look for him early and often and in the redzone...But I'm not gonna complain about 5 catches, pretty much in 1 half from a TE who hasn't played a real game in a year.

Guess what. It's happening almost every single week. Finley is ranked high every week and he's not worth starting most weeks. Thanks for adding to the hype and facade of Finley's greatness. That's right, I'm looking for someone to blame other than myself.

Edited by electricrelish