[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jermichael Finley hype train

delusions of grandeur

It's similar to CJ2ypc. Can't get value in a trade. Tough to start because he is regularly putting up low points. Tough to bench because he's a monster game waiting to happen. Can't drop him because he'll get picked up for sure.

Yep. Talented NFL TE but fantasy wise he is a massive bust

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've rolled with him all season against my gut instinct. I'm officially looking for alternatives for Week 15/16

Take out Week 3 and he's barely top 20 at the position.

I'm curious, why alternatives just in week 15/16, nothing to play for during weeks 12-14? Or do you expect him to do well during those weeks?

Every year there's a handful or more of these guys. Drafted high, expected to do well, don't produce but could go off any week. If you have such a player you rarely have somebody else better to replace him, cannot trade him, and don't really have a better option.

Rivers is kind of like that this year, the numbers are not very good, but what are you going to do trot out some backup who's less likely to put even average points, let alone ahve that huge game that could make all the difference.

Traded him after week 6 for Victor Cruz...my WR2 was not producing at all before the trade.

My WR2 FF points preceeding the trade: 0-4-6-0-2

My WR2 (Cruz)since the trade: BYE-15-9-8-18

TE Position

Finley since the trade: 7-BYE-10-6-3-3(today)

My TE's same weeks: 8-4-6-5-6-(yet to play) - Cook/Celek

And Most Important:

My record before the trade: 3-3

My record since the trade: 5-0

Best move I've made all year.

I really blame myself for still putting him in my lineup. I had other options but as another poster said his big game potential makes it hard to sit him. It shouldnt. There are too many weapons in GB. Finley will not see my line up again unless I am forced to do to injury. He truly sucks as a fantasy option

I really blame myself for still putting him in my lineup. I had other options but as another poster said his big game potential makes it hard to sit him. It shouldnt. There are too many weapons in GB. Finley will not see my line up again unless I am forced to do to injury. He truly sucks as a fantasy option

That was me. He should have had a huge game against the Lions. First 3 passes to him in the first quarter resulted in a catch and 2 drops. Rogers started looking elsewhere after. I will be scouring the waiver wire next week for a replacement. Stick a fork in him.

The only ones getting stepped on are the owners who drafted him. The Green Bay offense is just to prolific for him to be a primary target.

Indeed but he is the primary TE. The WRs are sharing a lot of targets among themselves but F**kin Finley (just plain ole FF from here on out) should be dominating the TE targets/points. Instead the TE targets are just decreased because of his ineptness. I am done with him. Fred Davis from here on out. Thanks FF.

• 3 weeks later...
Packers hang 46, and Finley racked up how many FF points? There's your top tier TE & franchise tag player.

The semi-amusing thing about the franchise tag is that Finley said if tagged, he'd challenge that he should be tagged as a WR, and not a TE. The clown doesn't deserve to be paid like a top 5 TE, because he's not close to a top 5 TE based on performance and his lack of health.

And Rodgers spreading the ball around theory doesn't hold water for me anymore. Finley drops way too many passes. Today, he tried catching with his body instead of his hands at times. Basically, he was anointed elite by a lot of folks without performing at a high level consistently with a large enough sample.

Edited by electricrelish

this thread is 3 and a half months old, why are we still talking about how crappy finley has been?

Probably because he still sucks and people continue to start him...

The semi-amusing thing about the franchise tag is that Finley said if tagged, he'd challenge that he should be tagged as a WR, and not a TE. The clown doesn't deserve to be paid like a top 5 TE, because he's not close to a top 5 TE based on performance and his lack of health.

Which makes it seem rather odd that GB would use the tag on him, he sure doesn't seem like an elite TE that they need to keep.

Which makes it seem rather odd that GB would use the tag on him, he sure doesn't seem like an elite TE that they need to keep.

He's got the makeup to do what Jimmy Graham has done this year. He's flashed it at times, but he has a fragile ego which imo leads to his drops. He'll get the franchise tag, although I think Raji, Matthews and Rodgers all deserve extensions before they figure anything out longterm for Finley.