[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Austin Collie

DanTheMan_5

I had Collie last season, and he was so great when he played, but obviously the concussions ruined his fantasy season. Somehow, even though I swore I wouldn't, I ended up drafting him again this year. I know he has foot issues now, however I think the real reason may be that the Colts are concerned about his head more than anything. I took him in round 9 in a 10 team league just because I thought at that point he was a value pick.

II'm curious where he went in other leagues, and is there anybody who believes he will suit up for 10+ games even?

If you got him in the 9th, then you got him about where I think he should be going, as a bench player with upside. But in most cases, he is going to earlier than that, which I think is risky before you fill your lineup with reliable options.

But when you have that many concussions in an era where the NFL has become extremely serious about them, he could literally be 1 concussion away from his career being done; That's not someone I want to draft as a starter when he makes his living working out of the slot into traffic.

But like we've both said, 9th round is where his upside becomes too much to pass up if he can remain healthy.

Edited by delusions of granduer

When I draft a fantasy team, I stay away from scrambled eggs.

Collie is one hit away from his career being over. Further, it's not like you even get his best this season when he'll be on the field. I won't be shocked to see Manning lose 1-2 weeks of the season and then take another 2-4 weeks to get his timing back with his WRs.

If you got him in the 9th, then you got him about where I think he should be going, as a bench player with upside. But in most cases, he is going to earlier than that, which I think is risky before you fill your lineup with reliable options.

But when you have that many concussions in an era where the NFL has become extremely serious about them, he could literally be 1 concussion away from his career being done; That's not someone I want to draft as a starter when he makes his living working out of the slot into traffic.

But like we've both said, 9th round is where his upside becomes too much to pass up if he can remain healthy.

Pretty good assessment, IMO, though I did choose to pass on him throughout the entire draft.

I also had him last year. I'm in an auction league and we draft two weeks ago, top WR went for $30 to $40. I picked up Collie for $15. Not super cheap but he is my #3WR. I remember that last hit that ended his season, and I don't know any NFL player that would have walked away from that impact. I think that he was very unlucky and hopefully he won't see another one like that ever. But he is my risk pick, and the upside is huge if he can repeat what he did last year even for 10 games. I just hope he last to my playoffs.

I would not hesitate to draft Collie as an option at a flex position, or as my top back-up at WR, but if you are drafting him as a starter you are playing with fire. Sure, he has the potential to pay off reallyvwell....but he also has the potential to blow up in your face. That's not a guy a bet my starting line-up on.

He is the true definition of a high risk, high reward player. I wouldn't write him off like some are quick to do. Yes, he is an extremely high injury risk, no doubt about that. Keep in mind though, that when he played last year, he was becoming Manning's go-to guy. Even in the game he came back in, and was eventually layed out again, he was putting up hugh numbers prior to the hit. I think that if he can get his foot healthy, that he could be a steal at the position he is being drafted.

He is the true definition of a high risk, high reward player. I wouldn't write him off like some are quick to do. Yes, he is an extremely high injury risk, no doubt about that. Keep in mind though, that when he played last year, he was becoming Manning's go-to guy. Even in the game he came back in, and was eventually layed out again, he was putting up hugh numbers prior to the hit. I think that if he can get his foot healthy, that he could be a steal at the position he is being drafted.

I completely agree. One thing about FF is that if you are going to win championships you have to step out and not be too conservative. Sure he could be a bust, but it won't kill your chances if you get him cheap. On the other hand, he could put up #1 WR numbers, as Wayne is not getting any younger. I like the upside that is why I have him. Also, Blair, Garcon and others are not as good a Collie IMO, so I don't expect the same upside if Collie goes down again.

Got him in several leagues this year after having him in 0 leagues last year. I am taking him in the 6th/7th rounds of a 12 man PPR leagues. In PPR he can be a top 10 WR if healthy. If he goes down in flames so be it. Got to take risks if you want to be a championship.

I have a screen up in every one of my leagues' MFL sites, ready to pick up Blair White. Click, click, click, click.

do it

do it

Colts coach Jim Caldwell wouldn't rule out the possibility Friday that WR Blair White (back) will open the season on PUP.

White missed all of training camp and the preseason with a back injury, the extent of which was never disclosed. We're curious whether White needed surgery. If it were only a day-to-day injury, he would've been practicing long ago.

Source: Tom James on Twitter

I would not hesitate to draft Collie as an option at a flex position, or as my top back-up at WR, but if you are drafting him as a starter you are playing with fire. Sure, he has the potential to pay off reallyvwell....but he also has the potential to blow up in your face. That's not a guy a bet my starting line-up on.

My WR's are weak this year, but I only have to start 2 and I got Vjax and Percy Harvin, so Collie is my #3....he may be my #2, at lkeast until he gets hit hard in the head again.

I just took him in the 9th round of my 10 team local tonight. IMO, he was worth the risk as my no. 4 WR.

I'm trying to remember which rd I took Collie in... (i was the first pick overall and had back to back pick the rest of the draft so my view of rd was a little blurry) I believe it was the end of the 9th beginning of the 10th that I drafted Collie and Hightower.

Out league is also only an 8 man league so it's deeper than the well Lassie had to recused Timmy from.