[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Demaryius Thomas

fogbowl

From what I read he will practice (Light) with the practice squad etc and the earliest you might see him play is mid season. Soo soon from his surgery and not in football shape(failed his pysical) . He probally not a factor this year . Maybe later in the season if his recovery comes along. Think Denario Alexander last year. Play the last 5-6 games etc. Dude has alot of talent and could be a player next year and is a hold in dynasty leagues.

For the past 3 years running this guy has missed sizable portions of the season due to serious injuries. There gets to be a point - like Alexander in STL - where guys just don't have a body that can withstand the pounding that major college/pro football gives them. I think that may be the case here with Thomas.

Injured Again

Demaryius Thomas (Achilles') reportedly has a broken finger in his left hand.

Thomas - who was already several weeks away from playing in a game due to a previous Achilles' injury - reportedly broke his finger in practice on Thursday when he failed to adjust to a pass. This latest injury isn't a huge concern in terms of his fantasy outlook, as Thomas wasn't going to be counted on to play in the next few weeks as he continues his rehab. Still, we can't remember a time dating back to college when he wasn't injured in some capacity.

Sep. 11 - 9:59 a.m. ET

Source: Denver Pos

An achilles tendon rupture is not a career ending injury, unless it occurs to an older player, whose career was nearing the end. I know a little about achilles ruptures. I ruptured my achilles three weeks ago playing soccer. It is the second rupture on the right and once previously on the left, over a span of 15 years.

A tendon merely connects or anchors a muscle to the bone. This is unlike a ligament (ACL,MCL) which supports a joint. While ligament tears can end careers, an achilles tendon rupture usually does't. The knee is a relatively complex joint and the trauma of surgery alone can undermine the workings of the joint. Surgical access to the achilles tendon does not involve any invasion into a joint. The only rehab issues are rebuilding the atrophied muscle. Today as opposed to the past, achilles rupture patients begin weight bearing with in two weeks, which minimizes atrophy.

Demaryius Thomas may or may not have a productive career, but it won't be because of his achilles rupture.