[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Year of the Blackout?

Chief Dick

At what point does the NFL back off of their long standing policy of not showing a local game if it's not sold out?

This year looks like the perfect storm of an epidemic of league wide black outs. With the league coming off of the lock out, the economy, and the wide spread advances in high definition TV, it seems like the NFL model may have to change.

It's going to be interesting to watch, because there are many dynamics at play here.

Would fans rather watch the games at home?

Are ticket prices too high?

Does fantasy football make people rather stay at home so they can check stats?

Are people just tired of spending money at the stadiums?

Did the NFL reach it's plateau a year or two ago, and are they going to recede for a few years?

Could be an interesting year for sure.

At what point does the NFL back off of their long standing policy of not showing a local game if it's not sold out?

This year looks like the perfect storm of an epidemic of league wide black outs. With the league coming off of the lock out, the economy, and the wide spread advances in high definition TV, it seems like the NFL model may have to change.

It's going to be interesting to watch, because there are many dynamics at play here.

Would fans rather watch the games at home?

Are ticket prices too high?

Does fantasy football make people rather stay at home so they can check stats?

Are people just tired of spending money at the stadiums?

Did the NFL reach it's plateau a year or two ago, and are they going to recede for a few years?

Could be an interesting year for sure.

I don't go to games largely because they are way too cost prohibitive, especially when I can watch them at home. The threat of a black out will NEVER convince me to pay the outrageous prices (from parking to ticket prices to concessions). The NFL has been catering to Big Business can not to the common fan (especially feel that way with Jerry World here in Dallas).

Combine that with free agency destroying the continuity of teams and I can definitely see a decline in the fan base.

I don't go to games largely because they are way too cost prohibitive, especially when I can watch them at home. The threat of a black out will NEVER convince me to pay the outrageous prices (from parking to ticket prices to concessions). The NFL has been catering to Big Business can not to the common fan (especially feel that way with Jerry World here in Dallas).

Combine that with free agency destroying the continuity of teams and I can definitely see a decline in the fan base.

This! :wacko:

Oh, and:

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes <--- edit to add

The owners SUCK! All of them!

In the Annointed Ones economy, hopefully they will get the message loud and clear this year. :tup:

Edited by Turf Smurf

^^^

This.