[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Garrard to be released

Big Ernie McCracken

No kidding... Just wrong to cut the guy just days before the season starts, and he doesn't have time to learn a new system. Gotta be some good reason here, because I'd like to think Del Rio isn't just being a racist dick.

I really doubt it has anything to do with race. Probably more about the 8 mil he was due to make and that Jag weren't planning on doing much this year. Play McCown for a few games and then throw Gabbert in there. Be ready for 2012....

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really doubt it has anything to do with race. Probably more about the 8 mil he was due to make and that Jag weren't planning on doing much this year. Play McCown for a few games and then throw Gabbert in there. Be ready for 2012....

Which are all fine reasons to cut Garrard... 2-3 weeks ago. Did they honestly learn something in the last few weeks that they didn't already know?

That said, I agree that the race card is a bit much here.

No kidding... Just wrong to cut the guy just days before the season starts, and he doesn't have time to learn a new system. Gotta be some good reason here, because I'd like to think Del Rio isn't just being a racist dick.

Coaches coach, GM's hire and fire.

Some have felt McCown has outplayed Garrard thus far. Worked in 2007.

stunning move.. and clearly a salary move.. I'm guessing to sign Avery..

What ??? :wacko: if that was it he just wouldn't of drafted him in the first place

like I said.. save money.. get Donnie Avery..

I don't see how this doesn't affect MJD.. I mean, Luke McCown?

Garrard is one a those guys, like Orton, that you're always looking to replace, but he was middle of the road competent, and could burn you with feet once in a while.

All a D need do is smother MJD... game over. Who else is there to worry about... Lewis?

Friend of mine suggested the Colts pick him up if Peyton gonna be out for several games... I think that'd be a good match for both parties.

I honestly can't believe with the stakes involved in running an NFL franchise that anybody would even consider racism being a driving force. Wow. Come on people, seriously? :wacko:

You want to talk about possible racism, well......crap, I probably shouldn't even bring this up since it's controversial and totally unrelated to the original post.....but take a look at Mike Shanahan's record of QBs---Elway, Bubby Brister, Frerotte, Beuerlein, Danny Kanell, Plummer, Griese, Cutler, Patrick Ramsey, Beck, Grossman. Gee, what do all those guys have in common? And how was McNabb treated last year, and where is he now?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm..............

Just sayin'. Sorry to go off topic.

Yeah, and he even started McCaffrey at WR. And used Hillis at RB.

Freakin' racist

:wacko:

Edited by Bronco Billy

I was puzzled by this. Garrard has played competently, at times great and at times capable of aggravating mistakes, but he has played well in clutch games. McCown has started a toal of seven NFL games in his life, and has not started since 2007.

Dumb...dumb...dumb. The Jags fans deserve better than this.

I was puzzled by this. Garrard has played competently, at times great and at times capable of aggravating mistakes, but he has played well in clutch games. McCown has started a toal of seven NFL games in his life, and has not started since 2007.

Dumb...dumb...dumb. The Jags fans deserve better than this.

Agree...and anyone who thinks that a coach entering the season on the hot seat (DelRio) was behind dumping his veteran QB only 5 days before the season starts for Luke McCown is a fool. The man gets paid to coach and wants to win. Think he cares about the teams balance sheet at this point?

Maybe Miami makes a play at Garrard at some point down the line? They wanted Orton bad and I don't think they have much faith in Henne...at all...Garrard could be a serviceable starter I still think.