[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kerry Collins

DaFreak

Based on all the reports I am going to assume that Manning does not play this year. With that assumption where does Collins land in the QB rankings? Not on a weekly basis, but for the year? He has some weapons to play with but you have to figure that defenses will be coming after him. Thoughts?

I'm starting him this week :wacko:

No bag required. He is a viable starter this week against the 32nd worst defense for allowing QB fantasy points.

Likely playing from behind, he'll throw a ton. Frankly, this could be one of his better weeks of the season. 2 TDs, 275 yards, 2 INTs sounds about right, with the real potential for 3 TDS/300+.

Come on now. Didn't you know that Collins is the worst QB in the history and the Colts shouldn't even play this season...:wacko:.

My thinking is he'll be decent.

Last 13 starts he has 20 TD's, which would be 24/25 TD's in a full 16 game season, which is pretty solid. In addition, they do have a very friendly passing schedule, and he has weapons. He also has 16 ints in those games, but...I digress.

I think he'll be okay, but that's it. Not great and not awful.

Edited by giantsfan

No bag required. He is a viable starter this week against the 32nd worst defense for allowing QB fantasy points.

Likely playing from behind, he'll throw a ton. Frankly, this could be one of his better weeks of the season. 2 TDs, 275 yards, 2 INTs sounds about right, with the real potential for 3 TDS/300+.

I should have said over Stafford. :wacko:

Kerry Collins is an old, white version of Tarvaris Jackson, minus the athletic ability. Dude's dumb as a box of rocks. He will not be a viable fantasy starter and will not play the entire season if Manning is done.

He is dumb but he's better than Jackson, yeesh

collins is a great guy to pick up and see how he does this week. worst case you drop him for your first waiver wire pickup after week 1. i got eli and flacco platooning in 1 league, so i grabbed collins just in case he pans out. could be a matt cassell in NE scenario with a mediocre qb playing with great weapons. def worth a flier.

on a side note, the eli/flacco duo has a GREAT matchup schedule. first time i've ever tried this approach with QBs.....we'll see how it goes

Let me state some things here.

Collins has been to the Pro Bowl. Has started a SB. Helped lead Tenn to the best record in the AFC just 3 seasons ago.

More recently he has 20 TD's in his past 13 starts (a 24/25 TD pace over 16 games). Had 14 TD's in 10 games (only 7 starts) last season (a 23/24 TD pace over 16 games). So the man can play some.

Now he did have CJ in Tenn to keep D's honest, and clearly he doesn't have that type of running game in Indy. But with a healthy Addai (for now), MUCH better weapons to throw to, and a very nice passing schedule, in a passing O I think that makes up for that a good deal.

They play Jacks twice, Tenn twice, Clev, Cincy, Carolina, TB, KC. Those are teams that range from whatever on D to just plain bad, and I don't even mention Houston twice because I think they will be much better than last season on D, and put a whipping on Indy this Sunday.

Now I think the biggest argument people would have against Collins is he'll get hurt. Now sure that is possible, but he doesn't have some long injury history to suggest he is a walking injury waiting to happen. EVERY NFL player could get hurt at any time. And while simply based on age I would say Collins is a little more likely to get hurt, it isn't like he is a lock to go down. He isn't one of those always hurt type of players.

So to me I see a decent QB in Collins. Not good. Not even real solid. Just a decent professional NFL QB.

My prediction on his stats over a full season:

22 TD's +/-, 3500 yards +/-, 15 ints. +/-, 6 wins for Indy +/-.

And Wayne and Clark I think catch 7/8 TD's each. And I can see Clark as a top 6/7 TE and Wayne as a top 12ish WR this season.

We'll see over the next 9 days (I say 9 because I expect a rough one this Sunday at Houston as they try and show they are now AFC South kings).

Edited by giantsfan

OK, I'll go out on a limb here, TJax will have better fantasy numbers in 2011 than Collins. This is based on my theory that Collins will not last very long as a starter.

I'd take that bet and add that he'll start more games than TJunk

KpHolmes sure think Collins is valuable