[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Maclin Update?

fogbowl

FWIW, reports say he had an excellent week of practice, and the rumors of him losing 15 lbs were true....except whats not being said is that as of now, he is only 4 lbs shy of his playing weight last year. Those 15 lbs were lost back in May/June, and he has since regained almost all of it.

Also, it appears Steve Smith will also be ready to go, in the #4 WR role behind Jackson/Maclin/Avant.

FWIW, reports say he had an excellent week of practice, and the rumors of him losing 15 lbs were true....except whats not being said is that as of now, he is only 4 lbs shy of his playing weight last year. Those 15 lbs were lost back in May/June, and he has since regained almost all of it.

Also, it appears Steve Smith will also be ready to go, in the #4 WR role behind Jackson/Maclin/Avant.

Geoff Mosher of the Wilmington News Journal predicts that Steve Smith (knee) will not play in the season opener "unless there's an injury at receiver."

Eagles coaches say Smith has shown enough to be able to play Sunday, but a decision won't be made until later in the week. Neither Smith nor OC Marty Monhinweg would answer in the affirmative when asked if Smith's knee was 100 percent recovered from microfracture surgery. Sep 8 - 2:47 PM

LOL

I doubt he plays. Andy likes to be a little Belichek but I don't see why they would push him out there

Like I said, looks like he will be active as the 4th WR...per rotoworld:

Steve Smith - WR - Eagles

Steve Smith (knee) is expecting to be active on Sunday against the Rams.

Smith says he has a "a package of plays" in the Eagles' four-wide set. HC Andy Reid has only said "there's a chance" Smith will suit up on Sunday. Currently behind DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin and Jason Avant on the depth chart, Smith isn't yet worth a look in standard-sized leagues

HC Andy Reid has only said "there's a chance" Smith will suit up

yup, you win :wacko:

:tup:

I win? Geez dude, you quoted some momo from the Wilmington News blog. I quoted Smith himself. Not about winning, its about trying to provide the board accurate info.

Of course Reid was vague. Point is, Smith said they have put a package into the gameplan which he is a part of. I kinda think Smith let it slip, and knowing Reid, he won't make that mistake again (taking about the gameplan, 4 WR sets, etc.).

Guess we'll see...either way, nothing to get uber-defensive about :lol:

:wacko:

I win? Geez dude, you quoted some momo from the Wilmington News blog. I quoted Smith himself. Not about winning, its about trying to provide the board accurate info.

Of course Reid was vague. Point is, Smith said they have put a package into the gameplan which he is a part of. I kinda think Smith let it slip, and knowing Reid, he won't make that mistake again (taking about the gameplan, 4 WR sets, etc.).

Guess we'll see...either way, nothing to get uber-defensive about :tup:

Mosher actually gets some decent news on Eagles. Better than half the local momos who get fed crap from the Eagles.

If anything Smith may show up in a few snaps from 4 wide packages but again I'll ask why would they rush him onto the field early in the year? I'm just not seeing what they gain?

Regardless about this tangent. Smith will not impact Maclin's playing time