[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

who's #1 LB at end of season?

Kris N

i say Timmonsfinishes #1.

but i would also put Mayo in the mix to repeat, willis has a chance to ascend back to the top and bishop is the young stud with potential.

I sure hope you are right with Timmons!!!

If I had to guess, and it would purely be a guess.....I would venture to say that D'Qwell Jackson has a shot at being the top producing linebacker. He has had essentially 2 years off and was a stud before the injuries. But top three I would list in this order:

D'qwell Jackson

Mayo (tie)

Willis (tie)

Timmons

I think it is pretty wide open this year but if the SF offense ends up being as bad as it possibly could then Willis very well could claim the top spot again.

Mayo had a great year last year but with the additional 4-3 looks his numbers could take a bit of a hit

Beason is a beast but he is already dealing with an injury and that could knock him out of the elite tier this year

Timmons came on like gangbusters last year but he really cooled off from week 9 on...this is what I wrote about Timmons in this week's IDP Game Breakdowns

After 8 weeks last season the top scoring LB was Lawrence Timmons, with 153 points scored, a 21.86 PPG average. However, things changed over the second half of the season. From week 9 thru week 16 he scored more than 13 points in a game just once and in weeks 14 and 16 he scored single digits. His PPG average from week 9-16 was just 11.75 and ranked 34th over that span of time. Surely his owners weren't expecting him to be a low level LB3 for the second half of the season. However, his trying second half didn't seem to have any bearing on his draft status this year, as he was more than likely taken as one of the top 3-5 LBs. Now, with all that said, I do think that we see Timmons perform closer to what he was in the 1st half last season, rather than what he was in the second half. I don't know if I am sold on him being a top 5 LB but I do think he is at worst a low level LB1 with little risk.

A couple of less popular LBs that I think could challenge for the top spot at LB are David Hawthorne & Derrick Johnson. I also think Ruud could give the top spot a run if the Titans are on the field as much as they were last year and I also like the D'Qwell call but I think the Browns will be improved enough that his value top out around top 10-15

Edit: I should also point out that Timmons was fighting injuries over the 2nd half last year so that could have been the key factor in his decline too.

Edited by keggerz

I think it is pretty wide open this year but if the SF offense ends up being as bad as it possibly could then Willis very well could claim the top spot again.

Mayo had a great year last year but with the additional 4-3 looks his numbers could take a bit of a hit

Beason is a beast but he is already dealing with an injury and that could knock him out of the elite tier this year

Timmons came on like gangbusters last year but he really cooled off from week 9 on...this is what I wrote about Timmons in this week's IDP Game Breakdowns

A couple of less popular LBs that I think could challenge for the top spot at LB are David Hawthorne & Derrick Johnson. I also think Ruud could give the top spot a run if the Titans are on the field as much as they were last year and I also like the D'Qwell call but I think the Browns will be improved enough that his value top out around top 10-15

Edit: I should also point out that Timmons was fighting injuries over the 2nd half last year so that could have been the key factor in his decline too.

I do not think Mayo takes a hit at all moving to a base 4-3. I have seen the way they will use him. He will play wlb in base 4-3 ilb Ilb at times when they play in 3-4 and will play the elephant at times. I expect his sacks to be way up without tackles taking to much of a hit. They plan on using him the way KC used Derrick Thomas years ago. I think Mayo is in for an epic year

Edited by Bubbahawk

I do not think Mayo takes a hit at all moving to a base 4-3. I have seen the way they will use him. He will play wlb in base 4-3 ilb Ilb at times when they play in 3-4 and will play the elephant at times. I expect his sacks to be way up without tackles taking to much of a hit. They plan on using him the way KC used Derrick Thomas years ago. I think Mayo is in for an epic year

I don't really disagree with you which is why I said COULD....just not sure expecting him to repeat his 114/60 is prudent...but with the way the official scorer in NE hands out assists anything is possible...and I do agree that he could see an increase in sacks, just not sure he tops 6 but even then 6 sacks would help to offset some loss in tackles...fwiw, if i was going to be the one that hit LB first in a draft Mayo would have been my pick

I sure hope you are right with Timmons!!!

If I had to guess, and it would purely be a guess.....I would venture to say that D'Qwell Jackson has a shot at being the top producing linebacker. He has had essentially 2 years off and was a stud before the injuries. But top three I would list in this order:

D'qwell Jackson

Mayo (tie)

Willis (tie)

Timmons

Nice start so far