[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Devery Henderson

barrett14

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess you could take a flier.

BUT:

Henderson

Meachem

Colston

Sproles

Graham

Moore (remember he missed last night's game)

A LOT of weapons in NO. I can't see him being week to week reliable.

Couldn't hurt to take a shot, but A LOT of weapons...

Edited by giantsfan

6 receptions for 100 yards and a TD... You guys going to pick him up in your leagues?

Devery Henderson = Poor Man's Lee Evans.

Sure, he'll have a nice game now and then, almost always when he's sitting on your bench...

6 receptions for 100 yards and a TD... You guys going to pick him up in your leagues?

And next week it will be a different Saints player with that stat line and Henderson will get 1 catch for 18 yards. So then it will look like the other player is the one to have but then it will be yet another Saints player with the nice game in Week 3. Too many receiving options and I have found it difficult to put any of them on a good game consistently.

Had a good week, but I think he will be inconsistent throughout the season. I still wager that Meachem will be the best of the bunch stat-wise by season's end

Yes he is inconsistent and a few of those catches will be Moore's. But he runs with the first unit way more than Meacham and I feel Brees trusts Devery more. I say Devery outscores Meacham this year. Just a gut feeling.

Yes he is inconsistent and a few of those catches will be Moore's. But he runs with the first unit way more than Meacham and I feel Brees trusts Devery more. I say Devery outscores Meacham this year. Just a gut feeling.

Wait till he starts dropping balls again. Don't get me wrong, I like Henderson, but he doesn't have the speed to stretch defenses and get separation anymore like Meachem and he's never learned to be physical and use his size well like Colston.

Wait till he starts dropping balls again. Don't get me wrong, I like Henderson, but he doesn't have the speed to stretch defenses and get separation anymore like Meachem and he's never learned to be physical and use his size well like Colston.

True, like I said it's a gut feeling but I feel he puts it together this year. Meacham will get 80% of all deep balls. And he is very good at losing focus and dropping balls also. As long as one or both perform I'll be happy. Now Brees I'm a little worried about.

True, like I said it's a gut feeling but I feel he puts it together this year. Meacham will get 80% of all deep balls. And he is very good at losing focus and dropping balls also. As long as one or both perform I'll be happy. Now Brees I'm a little worried about.

Yeah, I got a little aggravated with him last night because he was starting to force it again. He got very lucky a couple of those didn't get picked off.

That's Henderson's MO. I wouldn't pick him up, but that's just me. He's been on and off my team numerous times in previous years and he's just too damn inconsistent to rely on. He will have 3 startable games this year and one of them was last night. That leaves 2 games left. But will you be able to predict which games to start him? Neither can I. I just don't see him breaking out in his 7th NFL season.

I thought Brees was a fantasy God last night. You guys are worried about 419 yards, 3 TDS and no INTs? He had to try to force it as he was trying to come back the whole game. I would love to have Brees on my squad. If his defense can't stop anyone, he will be throwing it around the yard all year. What's not to like?

I thought Brees was a fantasy God last night. You guys are worried about 419 yards, 3 TDS and no INTs? He had to try to force it as he was trying to come back the whole game. I would love to have Brees on my squad. If his defense can't stop anyone, he will be throwing it around the yard all year. What's not to like?

We're both Saints fans. The discussion about Brees wasn't in fantasy terms, just fans perspective. Worried that if he continues to have keep pressing like last night that he will start throwing INTs again like last season.

Edited by rajncajn

Reasons not to get your hopes up:

1 - The Saints were playing from behind the entire game. How often is that really going to happen?

2 - Lance Moore was out. How many snaps will Henderson see being a notch lower on the totem pole once Moore is back?

3 - It's the Saints... One week it'll be Graham, the next Sproles, the next Colston. Do you feel lucky enough to play Henderson and get an "on" week?

4 - Green Bay's defense is pretty darn good, so it wouldn't surprise me if Henderson got so many looks because Green Bay did well to shut down Brees' first and second options on plays. Green Bay certainly seemed focused on keeping Jimmy Graham from being a factor for most of the game. When the Saints play other teams, Brees may not even get to Henderson in his progressions because the other guys will be open more often.

Reasons not to get your hopes up:

1 - The Saints were playing from behind the entire game. How often is that really going to happen?

2 - Lance Moore was out. How many snaps will Henderson see being a notch lower on the totem pole once Moore is back?

3 - It's the Saints... One week it'll be Graham, the next Sproles, the next Colston. Do you feel lucky enough to play Henderson and get an "on" week?

4 - Green Bay's defense is pretty darn good, so it wouldn't surprise me if Henderson got so many looks because Green Bay did well to shut down Brees' first and second options on plays. Green Bay certainly seemed focused on keeping Jimmy Graham from being a factor for most of the game. When the Saints play other teams, Brees may not even get to Henderson in his progressions because the other guys will be open more often.

I agree 100%, but if Colston is out, I think that really changes things. Must be factored in IMO.

I agree 100%, but if Colston is out, I think that really changes things. Must be factored in IMO.

It will change things, you are right. But probably not enough to make Henderson a reliable WR3/Flex play. He'll still disappear. Now, if both Moore and Colston miss next week, then he looks like a safe play.