[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mendenhall

FWmaker

:wacko: (Towards the bottom)

RB Isaac Redman (PIT) said he will receive a series each half to be the primary runner and will remain the short yardage runner except near the goal line. Redman said he will also see a lot of time on third downs.

Why? Mendy owners pissed?

RB Isaac Redman (PIT) said he will receive a series each half to be the primary runner and will remain the short yardage runner except near the goal line. Redman said he will also see a lot of time on third downs.

Why? Because every RB needs a break at some point. You cant just grind them into nothing every game if you wan them to last.

Pissed? Not at all. I think it will be good for his longevity to get a few series off and I dont see it cutting into his stats that much. Now, if Redman starts punching it in from the 1 often and pilfers a handful of TDs, I reserve the right to change my tune. I dont think that is in the plans, though, according to the article and quotes.

I can live with giving Mendy a break two series a game and not get beat up on 3 and 1 at midfield. This is a marathon, not a sprint, and I'd prefer that Mendenhall not be busted up by season's end.

Is there any back in the NFL that gets absolutely no breaks during the game?

I can live with giving Mendy a break two series a game and not get beat up on 3 and 1 at midfield. This is a marathon, not a sprint, and I'd prefer that Mendenhall not be busted up by season's end.

Is there any back in the NFL that gets absolutely no breaks during the game?

exactly...I'll take any chance that I can get at my RB being fresh in the 4th quarter...

jacked this ...but it needs to be posted in this thread

OC Bruce Arians confirmed that the Steelers offense will "run through" Rashard Mendenhall this season. "He's as good as he's ever been right now in the running game and passing game," said Arians. "That's our lead dog." (Scott Brown on Twitter

drafted mendy at 4 overall in non ppr...with confidence....great offense/team and schedule....the kid is in his prime....love seeing this quote before opening weekend....i dont care....even if he busts...i feel confident i made the right decision based on many factors

jacked this ...but it needs to be posted in this thread

OC Bruce Arians confirmed that the Steelers offense will "run through" Rashard Mendenhall this season. "He's as good as he's ever been right now in the running game and passing game," said Arians. "That's our lead dog." (Scott Brown on Twitter

drafted mendy at 4 overall in non ppr...with confidence....great offense/team and schedule....the kid is in his prime....love seeing this quote before opening weekend....i dont care....even if he busts...i feel confident i made the right decision based on many factors

Couldn't agree more. Offensive Line will be much better especially with Colon back and healthy.

Couldn't agree more. Offensive Line will be much better especially with Colon back and healthy.

im in love with mendy this year

i drafted the day rumors came out about foster maybe missing 3-4 weeks and a day before CJ signed.....rice, ap, and charles went before i picked...and i took mendy...and if i was picking 3rd i think i would have taken mendy over charles....

people talk about him as being a safe pick....and i agree he is pretty safe....last years numbers are probably his bottom....which is pretty darn good...but i see considerable upside that most arent sticking to him......i could see a career year here if things fall right for him.....like i said...even if he doesnt come through big i cant be disappointed in picking him...it just makes alot of sense...i think based on schedule, team, offense, players around him, age, etc....hes a slam dunk this year...

im in love with mendy this year

i drafted the day rumors came out about foster maybe missing 3-4 weeks and a day before CJ signed.....rice, ap, and charles went before i picked...and i took mendy...and if i was picking 3rd i think i would have taken mendy over charles....

people talk about him as being a safe pick....and i agree he is pretty safe....last years numbers are probably his bottom....which is pretty darn good...but i see considerable upside that most arent sticking to him......i could see a career year here if things fall right for him.....like i said...even if he doesnt come through big i cant be disappointed in picking him...it just makes alot of sense...i think based on schedule, team, offense, players around him, age, etc....hes a slam dunk this year...

I actually pulled the trigger in drafting Mendy over Charles...not sure it was the right move, but you never. Non-PPR and KC's schedule scared me.

I was never thrilled with Mendy but I took him 1.09 in a non-ppr 10 team draft over the likes of McCoy and DMC...I just have a good feeling about him for whatever reason and the Steelers look pretty legit...

I actually like them to go to the Superbowl and represent the AFC - they have a better shot at repping the AFC than the Eagles do in the NFC right now imo...they are a more balanced team with less holes while the Eagles are top heavy in certain areas and thin at others....

I'd rather he sit out 3rd and 1 at the 40.

I was never thrilled with Mendy but I took him 1.09 in a non-ppr 10 team draft over the likes of McCoy and DMC...I just have a good feeling about him for whatever reason and the Steelers look pretty legit...

I actually like them to go to the Superbowl and represent the AFC - they have a better shot at repping the AFC than the Eagles do in the NFC right now imo...they are a more balanced team with less holes while the Eagles are top heavy in certain areas and thin at others....

I took him 1.05 in a PPR. I kinda felt like I blew it. Dorey's first two picks was the last thing I read. I just thought about Ronnie Brown and Vick robbing TDs from McCoy and I hate taking any Raider. Charles was an option, but I have him in my other league and like to spread out RB risk. MJD was there, but that knee. I was back to Mendenhall. Not ready to pick Vick or Rodgers as you MUST start 2 RBs.

I hope you are right - I took Big Ben in the 4th round, too (early, but QBs went fast, Ryan and Schaub had just gone with only Peyton left and then the Staffords/Elis/Flaccos/Cutlers).

Oh well, Mendy is looking better than Arian Foster right now, anyway, and Big Ben better than Peyton.

I was a little concerned until I read the bolded. Lions share of carries + goal-line work is about all you can ask for from a RB these days...

This is the coaching staff's way of getting Redman some reps. If Mendy ever goes down, he will need to be ready. This way he won't be totally green. As others have said, it also helps to give Mendy periodic breathers, keeping him fresh. Also, how else can you find out how Redman could perform if you NEVER use him? Who knows, he could be better than Mendy, given the chance.

Mendy is good, a lot of people are really high on him, and the system he's in makes him a huge fantasy factor. However, when he came up the scouting notes are that he doesn't have great speed, doesn't cut that well, but is a hard runner who can hit the holes and break tackles. He's good, but there IS room for improvement.

This is the coaching staff's way of getting Redman some reps. If Mendy ever goes down, he will need to be ready. This way he won't be totally green. As others have said, it also helps to give Mendy periodic breathers, keeping him fresh. Also, how else can you find out how Redman could perform if you NEVER use him? Who knows, he could be better than Mendy, given the chance.

Mendy is good, a lot of people are really high on him, and the system he's in makes him a huge fantasy factor. However, when he came up the scouting notes are that he doesn't have great speed, doesn't cut that well, but is a hard runner who can hit the holes and break tackles. He's good, but there IS room for improvement.

i remember watching a segment on the cbs pregame show last year on mendy...about how we he was taking some kind of dance class...and it was really helping him with his footwork.....so i watched him run and paid attention to that in particular....the guy has really quick feet for a 225lber.....not exactly prime tomlinson feet....but hes pretty light on em for a guy thats as big and as strong as he is

What?

Did these people ever see the man play?

He is extremely quick and fast... particularly for such a big back. I've seen him jump cut and accelerate to the corner in a fashion that made my draw drop... he possesses the instant acceleration of a much smaller man.

Maybe his vision/creativity isn't elite, but his legs definitely are.

Edited by byron2112