[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sproles

cliaz

So I had potentially the worst auction draft ever when it comes to my running backs. All of the top 12 RBs were kept this year so, value wise, I had to focus on WRs. So I picked up Sproles towards the end of my draft for $7 ($1000 cap) as a flier and I expected to either trade or drop him. However, after watching the game last night I am wondering if I should either:

1. Trade him while his value is high (though I doubt I will get another RB which I need)

2. Keep him and hope his role continues to be the same throughout the season

Any thoughts from the huddle masses here?

He'll be a great flex play, but you're not going to get a TD return every week so I wouldn't expect him to be a regular starter. Now wouldn't be a bad time to trade him, but most owners aren't going to bite after one good performance. If you want to trade him I'd wait and hope he shows a little consistency and get better value for him. However, if you're already thin at RB then I don't think trading away a lone bright spot would be a good idea.

I love Sproles. If Norv was smart, he would have made Sproles more of a priority in the pass game. I truly believe that Payton will use Sproles quite a bit and I'm projecting at least 75 receptions this season for Sproles. He's durable as hell, shifty and quick. I think Payton will quickly realize (if he hasn't already) that Sproles will be more reliable than Meachem and Henderson and he's more durable than Moore and healthier than Colston. I see nothing but upside. I also own him in 2 of my 5 leagues!

I think in return yardage leagues he will continue to have decent value. I also think his role in NO will be greater than Bush's was but there is still allot of mouths to feed. Remember, Moore was also out last night.

This is quite the chicken - and - egg debate in my head. Remember Moore had his best games when Bush was out. So does Sproles kill Moore's value or does Moore detract from Sproles?

I think it's the first. I think Sproles is a weapon that they will use and will hurt/hamper Moore, Ingram, and Thomas. I wouldn't be really thrilled if I owned those guys right now. (not that I feel much better about owning Ryan Grant).

This is quite the chicken - and - egg debate in my head. Remember Moore had his best games when Bush was out. So does Sproles kill Moore's value or does Moore detract from Sproles?

I think it's the first. I think Sproles is a weapon that they will use and will hurt/hamper Moore, Ingram, and Thomas. I wouldn't be really thrilled if I owned those guys right now. (not that I feel much better about owning Ryan Grant).

LOL, I had Sproles benched in 2 leagues and in one of those leagues, I started Grant instead of Starks... :wacko:

Edited by BearBroncos