[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Foster Starting?

Wildcard

Last news I heard was that he will likely be a GTD if he does not practice today ... and historically, missing Fri practice is not a good sign for any player, so the practice reports released later this afternoon will be interesting. In the interim, maybe you could ask Foster to tweet you his latest MRI?

Seriously though, check the Fri practice reports when they come out ... you likely won't have to hunt too much to locate any Foster updates.

I have Foster in two leagues and have both Tate and Ward in one, but just Tate in the other. Obviously, if he practices today, I'll go with Foster, but I'm trying to decide if it's best to just avoid the whole mess altogether if it's a GTD because we could be looking at a three-headed monster. Mind you a three headed monster that could yield good numbers for all involved.

So, the question I need to ask is whether Addai in one league or McGehee in another is worth putting in instead of trying to guess, who among the 3 in Houston is going to be the guy.

I have Foster in two leagues and have both Tate and Ward in one, but just Tate in the other. Obviously, if he practices today, I'll go with Foster, but I'm trying to decide if it's best to just avoid the whole mess altogether if it's a GTD because we could be looking at a three-headed monster. Mind you a three headed monster that could yield good numbers for all involved.

So, the question I need to ask is whether Addai in one league or McGehee in another is worth putting in instead of trying to guess, who among the 3 in Houston is going to be the guy.

:wacko: Play the one that will score the most points.

I guess I meant I was asking myself. :wacko:

That's why I jacked this thread rather than start a WDIS in the other forum.

Basically, if Foster practices today and does fine, I'm going with him.

If he doesn't and they say one way or the other who will get most of the snaps, I'll go with him if I've got him.

If they keep playing three back monte, then I'm putting in McGehee and possibly Addai.

Edited by detlef

Ward is surpringly still available in one of my leagues. Tate was actually drafted. Thinking about adding Ward at the expense of Ringer whom I drafted while Johnson was holding out. Too short term thinking? :wacko:

All depends on your needs for the short term - if you would actually start Ward, get him. I'm most likely starting him over Benson as my flex this week.

All depends on your needs for the short term - if you would actually start Ward, get him. I'm most likely starting him over Benson as my flex this week.

He is not a need at this point. I would be grabbing him in case he remains the lead backup (and performs) and Foster struggles with the hammy for a while :wacko:

I have Foster in one league and I'm hoping that he doesn't play and continues to rest until that particular injury is fully healed. It's so frustrating watching guys come back too soon and then seeing them hobbled the rest of the season.

Couldnt agree more. Although it is hard to watch my $65($200) investment sit on the sidelines I'd much rather stick in Tate or Tolbert then have Foster come back too soon and worsen the injury.

Apparently, the idea of Tate being "the guy" isn't very popular with some people/site contributors around here... mark my words, as Ward has already had one concussion he came back early from a few weeks ago. And Tate was supposed to be "they guy" last year too. I just believe Kubiak has a major renob for getting Tate on the field and prove he was worth being their starter last year before he broke his leg (or hurt his knee, I can't remember).

Edited by lennykravitz2004

Tate won't be the starter / workhorse as long as Ward does a decent job because Kubiak will want a competent pass protector in there. So Ward figured to be the guy who gets 3rd down work plus a split of the carries. The part I'm most curious about is if there is a goalline guy or if Kubiak just goes with the hot hand for that. I'm thinking Tate should have an edge there, but who knows?

Oh hell, maybe I'll start Ward in the league I've got both Ward and Tate handcuffing and start Tate in the league I only have him. If Foster is not going, and that seems quite likely (and I agree that I'd rather they just rest him until he's good), then there's every reason to think that both Tate and Ward could put up very nice numbers against Indy. Sort of like the way that J Stew and DWill often put up nice numbers in the same games a few years back.

In the long run, I'm guessing Tate is the one to own, however.

They're going to want to win the game, to put it bluntly. Ward, with his pass protection and pass-catching ability, gives them the better shot to win. I could see Tate coming in and really pounding the rock later in the game if HOU goes up big though . . . and we all know how solid IND is in the middle w/r/t its run D.

John McClain for the Houston Chronicle just tweeted "Adrian Foster missed another practice. Kubiak said game time decision. I think it'll b ward and Tate."

McClain is very keyed in to the Texans so, I believe him.

I'm going with Ward in the two leagues where I own both Tate and Ward. I do think they will both get some good opportunities, though.

Looking forward to seeing how it all plays out!!

What kind of sportswriter misspells the name of one of the most popular players on the team he covers?

D'oh!! :tup:

That was MY typo. I didn't copy and paste. I typed it in....so what you should be asking is "what kind of a Texans fan misspells the name of one of the most popular players on the team he roots for?"

:lol::wacko:

Please don't blame John McCain for my stupidityness! :rofl:

They will be fine without Foster this week. Hopefully they rest him and he is for sure GTG week 2.

If he does play, probably not a lot of carries anyways.

I'm not risking it, since Grant cost me already.