[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The class act that is Plax

Lloyd Dobler

His biggest target was Coughlin, the coach he butted heads with for four years with the Giants. When Burress shot himself accidentally in the leg in November 2008, he said Coughlin showed no concern.

"After my situation happened, I turned on the TV, and the first words out his mouth was 'sad and disappointing,'" Burress said. "I'm like, forget support — how about some concern? I did just have a bullet in my leg. And then I sat in his office, and he pushed back his chair and goes, 'I'm glad you didn't kill anybody!' Man, we're paid too much to be treated like kids. He doesn't realize that we're grown men and actually have kids of our own."

The 34-year-old said Coughlin's style rubs players the wrong way.

"He's not a real positive coach," Burress said. "You look around the league, the Raheem Morrises and Rex Ryans — when their player makes a mistake, they take 'em to the side and say, 'We'll get 'em next time.' But Coughlin's on the sideline going crazy, man. I can't remember one time when he tried to talk a player through not having a day he was having."

The interview, which hits newsstands on Sept. 16, was done shortly after Burress was released from prison in June after serving nearly two years on weapons charges. Since then, he met with Coughlin and other members of the Giants during a visit to their offices in July when he was a free agent. Burress signed a one-year, $3.017 million deal with the Jets days later.

Judging from his remarks to Men's Journal, it seems like any reunion between Burress and the Giants was never really going to happen. He said he was saddened by the way Manning treated him when he was in prison.

"I was always his biggest supporter, even days he wasn't on, 'cause I could sense he didn't have thick skin," Burress said. "Then I went away, and I thought he would come see me, but nothing, not a letter, in two years. I don't want to say it was a slap in the face, but I thought our relationship was better than that."

Burress said he was treated like an "ax murderer" in prison, confined to a 23-hour lockdown. In prison, he said he received cruel letters.

"I was a human pincushion; they were like, 'Yeah, we finally got you, mother[bleeper!]'" he said. "On the cover of the New York Post, it said 'GIANT IDIOT' and I'm thinking, 'Damn, I went and gave 'em what they wanted. I'm just another gun-toting, famous black athlete'."

Burress openly hit out at the fans who took pleasure in his confinement.

"What are you doing now?" he said. "You still mad at your job? You still angry about your life? 'Cause I'm back living my life and enjoying my family while you're still doing the same thing."

Burress also spoke about his feelings toward Bloomberg after the mayor publicly called for him to be harshly punished after the incident. "The way Bloomberg treated me was totally wrong, stacked those charges so high I had to go to jail," he said.

Poor Plaxico. The mean ol world out to get him again :wacko:

Dude is far too stupid to realize how it looks when he says stuff like this and obviously has not accepted responsiblity for what he did.

Hey, Burress! Every problem you have had in you career has been do to your own piss-poor attitude and stupidity. What a POS :tup:

Grown man???

REALLY???

YOU BROUGHT AN UNLICENSED GUN INTO A NIGHTCLUB IN A PAIR OF LOOSE SWEATS SHOT YOURSELF AND COULD HAVE KILLED OTHERS.

Goes off on Bloomberg and how he was treated in jail.

AGAIN...YOU WERE A CRIMINAL. YOU COULD HAVE KILLED SOMEONE.

Talk about not getting it. He's made for the Jets with his mouth...:wacko:.

Edited by giantsfan

I am not defending Plax, but it is hard to argue that the Mayor and everybody jumped on a stupid mistake here. Guys sell drugs to kids on the playground and spend less time in jail. Drivers get drunk and kill people with their car and spend less time in jail (if at all). This guy was an idiot but cmon man did that really mean he needed to spend that much time in jail? How many guys have had guns at clubs in NYC in the last month... all I am saying is this BS that he was a dangerous criminal sold newpapers and fame for a mayor with possible ambitions beyond that public post. I would like to hear anybody even try to say that any of that didn't affect it.

I am not defending Plax, but it is hard to argue that the Mayor and everybody jumped on a stupid mistake here. Guys sell drugs to kids on the playground and spend less time in jail. Drivers get drunk and kill people with their car and spend less time in jail (if at all). This guy was an idiot but cmon man did that really mean he needed to spend that much time in jail? How many guys have had guns at clubs in NYC in the last month... all I am saying is this BS that he was a dangerous criminal sold newpapers and fame for a mayor with possible ambitions beyond that public post. I would like to hear anybody even try to say that any of that didn't affect it.

Dont do that. Dont excuse what one person did by pointing out all the worse things people get away with :wacko:

Does it even suprise anyone anymore - the sh!t that just spews from the typical professional athletes mouth?

Who even cares what this clown has to say anymore - do us all a favor and stop interviewing him.

Just because a guy is born with the ability to jump higher or run faster or hit farther does not make him a good person.

Plax is just the latest to remind everyone that, he surely wont be the last.

YOU SHOT YOURSELF YOU IDIOT.

Now go get me some fantasy points idiot.

The guy broke the law- did he get the maximum punishment? Yep.

Was the punishment overboard ? That's open for debate.

Personally I'd rather a punishment be overboard than just a slap on the wrist when it involves a gun.

If he got let off easy than everyone would be crying that he got special treatment.

What choice did the mayor have?

Does it even suprise anyone anymore - the sh!t that just spews from the typical professional athletes mouth?

Who even cares what this clown has to say anymore - do us all a favor and stop interviewing him.

Just because a guy is born with the ability to jump higher or run faster or hit farther does not make him a good person.

:wacko:

:wacko: