[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colston has a broken collar bone

Lloyd Dobler

Rotoworld:

FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reports that Marques Colston broke his collarbone in Thursday night's NFL opener.

Glazer puts Colston's timetable for return at four weeks, but that's probably on the optimistic side. Lance Moore's groin injury has continued to linger, and Robert Meachem and Devery Henderson both stepped up for big nights at Green Bay. Moore would be Colston's logical replacement outside and in the slot. If Moore doesn't make it back soon, look for Meachem and Henderson to start with tight end Jimmy Graham perhaps seeing a bump in targets. Colston owners should try to hang onto him as an injured WR5, hoping that Glazer's return estimate proves right.

:wacko: at a broken collarbone healing in 4 weeks. . . I've had it. . . not gonna happen. He's probably done for the year.

I've also had it....8 weeks will be the outside of the range for a collarbone to heal. I somehow don't think the Saints will be out of the playoff mix by Week 9.

He'll be back for the stretch run.

I personally had Lance and Meachem flagged as breakout WRs if anything happened to Colston....

It's along the same logic to now roster Meachem and Devery as breakout WRs if anything happens (further) to Lance.

:wacko: So you are saying that if a starting Wr goes down . . in a pass-happy offense . . . that you would "flag" he backup, who is now a starter, as a breakout WR?

Wow . . . that is some deep analysis there my friend. That is akin to saying "I have flagged Jonathan Stewart as a guy that will get more carries of Deangelo Williams gets a severe injury" :tup: