[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oakland Running game

Jackass

I'm guessing they work McFadden and Jones more into the passing game and let Bush pick up some extra carries inside as a pounder. I'd say any given game sees McFadden with 60% of the rushed, Bush 30%, and Jones 10%. Pencil McFadden and Jones in for 4-5 targets in the passing game and Bush inconsistent there. Bush should approach 10 TD's on the season. Reminds me of the Vikings with Robert Smith and Leroy Hoard with Bush a bit more effective overall runner.

Last season Oakland had just over 30 rushing attempts a game.

DMC got 17 of those. Expect that to drop to 12-14 (he'll make up for it in the passing game, as flemingd noted), with Bush getting around 10 carries and Jones getting 3-4 carries with a handful of passes thrown his way.

How do homers (or others) see the carry split on Monday and throughout the season? Obviously DMac is the bell cow more or less if he stays healthy. But will Bush get enough carries to be worth starting? Is Taiwan Jones going to get any carries?

i live out here....McF is THE man.....Bush will spell and be #2, but no way 10TDs!!

McF is supposed to go huge this year , and its clear here in Raider country its all about him....

he will get first shots at goal line until he proves he CANT bring it in,

ok, so i took him 2.05, after Rothlisberger since we had a big QB run in first round

never sit Mcfadden, just watch and be happy (that being said I see a torn ACL monday, as per my usual luck)

bush is only a desperation start or if McF gets hurt. Taiwan Jones - NADA

oh, and get denarious moore

Last season Oakland had just over 30 rushing attempts a game.

DMC got 17 of those. Expect that to drop to 12-14 (he'll make up for it in the passing game, as flemingd noted), with Bush getting around 10 carries and Jones getting 3-4 carries with a handful of passes thrown his way.

LOL 12-14 Carries!!!! try 20#

i live here, i know...DMC is THE MAN HERE

Going to have to agree with Assman. I've heard Al Saunders compare DMC to Priest Holmes and Marshal Faulk in preseason. They will ride him hard and even changed their blocking scheme to mesh with Mcfadden's running style. It's easy for the OC to say he'll get an uptick in receptions but you can never guarantee it. I would count on 20 touches per game though and RB1 results barring injury.

Michael Bush is arguably the most valuable handcuff is fantasy football. I know in one auction I did the league made me pay to handcuff Bush to DMC. He needs to be owned, but I wouldn't ever use him as a flex play.

I agree with the last few comments on DMC...he will be the man and get +/- 20 touches a game.

Where I disagree is at the GL and short yardage. I would be shocked if Bush wasn't that guy most of the time (and to me it isn't a terrible idea to keep DMC out of those pounding situations for his health), he is a bull and moves that pile forward. I would expect 8 or so carries a game for Bush when DMC is healthy.

I agree that DMAC will be getting a huge workload, unless they have more blowouts like last season where they can rest him and let Bush get some work... reports are that Darren worked hard this off season to get stronger and quicker and is really determined to put together something special.

I've read Hue is going to have some special plays for Taiwain, but he is not capable as a blocker at this time. He got absolutely trucked pass blocking in the preseason, so I can't see him having a significant role other than DMAC going down for significant time.

Edited by byron2112

LOL 12-14 Carries!!!! try 20#

i live here, i know...DMC is THE MAN HERE

You living there has absolutely no correlation to your knowledge of the Oakland running situation.

Like I said, 12-14 carries, with and increase in receptions. Last year DMC had about 4 receptions a game, I'd expect that to go to 5-6.

12-14 carries, 5-6 receptions = ~20 touches a game.

There will be games where he has more, and I guarantee you there will be games he has less.

All of this "The Man" talk is silly. DMC has been "The Man" in Oakland since the day he was drafted. He also hasn't stayed healthy in any of his first three seasons. Yes, under Hugh Jackson's offense last year he was able to show us why the Raiders took him in the first round, but that doesn't mean he's less fragile. They have to limit his workload if they want to keep him on the field all season.

Also don't forget the love that this team has for Michael Bush. They've seen him off the leash and know what he is capable of as well. He will finish the season with an average of 10 carries a game or so.

That being said, none of what I'm saying is pointing towards DMC not being an elite fantasy back; with his explosiveness he's a first round talent, easy. The coaching staff needs to keep him healthy though - and giving him 30 touches a game would only last a few games imo.

But with great first-round steals like Big Ben, assman - you don't need any help from me. :wacko: