[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What happened to Blount?

snotbubbler

I thought the TB offense was better than that, or maybe Detroit is just that good now on both side of the ball... :wacko:

The Lions stuffed a run on 2nd and 1, then again on 3rd and 1. Lions defense is coming to play this year! :tup: Blount was very ineffective when playing today.

Thats my guess seeing as how I drafted him.Thats the kiss of death for any player :wacko:

Yep, I protected him in two leagues, and drafted him in a third. Cannot bear the threat of a single point on three rosters next week. Fortunately I have decent bench options (e.g. Fred Jackson) in a couple of those leagues. I'll sit on Blount for a couple of weeks, and see if he can't get something rolling. The third league, well, there's no hope for that one this year anyway. I'm about to do some serious dumpster diving in that league when the WW opens up this week!

So...with me sitting him in two of three leagues, you may just get something out of the guy next week! ;-)

I'll sit on Blount for a couple of weeks, and see if he can't get something rolling.

So...with me sitting him in two of three leagues, you may just get something out of the guy next week! ;-)

Considering he plays the Vikings next week w/o the Williams Wall....I wouldn't bench him.

Raheem Morris folks:

“That’s not how we want to win games,” Morris conceded about the no-huddle attack. “We want to win games with Blount bludgeoning you for 130 yards and being efficient (in the passing game). When we go to the two-minute offense, you take Blount out of the game.

“Maybe as a coach I went too early to the two-minute offense. But I wanted to get something generated, give Free some confidence and get all those guys going,” the coach added. “It worked to the standpoint that we were able to get back in the game, but maybe I went into it a little bit early. ... That’s on me.”

The issue is that he's not involved in the passing game. In games where they get behind by 2 touchdowns he will be an afterthought. This is the main reason I stayed away from him. TB had a great year last year, but they will sneak up on no one this year. Blount is going to be too inconsistent to rely on on weekly basis.

My thought is if you liked Blount before week 1 you should like him now.

1 game wouldn't totally change my opinion of a guy. As long as TB doesn't fall behind he will get his 15-18 carries, and in today's NFL...that is a lot for a RB.

They have games with Carolina, Indy, Jacks, Atlanta, Tenn, Minny (minus Williams).

To me he is a # 2 fantasy RB. That is what he has always been. Not sure if I would change that opinion on one game that they were behind in early.

Nobody played my game :wacko:

A. LaDainian Tomlinson - Week 7, 2005 (Finished w/ 1,462 rushing yards and 18 rushing scores that year)

B. Emmitt Smith - Week 4, 1996 (Finished w/ 1,204 rushing yards and 12 rushing scores that year)

C. Adrian Peterson - Week 5, 2008 (Finished w/ 1,760 rushing yards that year)

The prize, of course, is the new found knowledge that even HoF RBs can have bad weeks for whatever reason. Let's come back in a couple months. Maybe Blount pulls a Kevin Smith and never becomes the elite back that he appeared to be in the second half of his rookie year. Or maybe he pulls an Arian Foster and is the #1 fantasy back this year. But 1 game ain't enough to make that assessment.

Nobody played my game :tup:

A. LaDainian Tomlinson - Week 7, 2005 (Finished w/ 1,462 rushing yards and 18 rushing scores that year)

B. Emmitt Smith - Week 4, 1996 (Finished w/ 1,204 rushing yards and 12 rushing scores that year)

C. Adrian Peterson - Week 5, 2008 (Finished w/ 1,760 rushing yards that year)

The prize, of course, is the new found knowledge that even HoF RBs can have bad weeks for whatever reason. Let's come back in a couple months. Maybe Blount pulls a Kevin Smith and never becomes the elite back that he appeared to be in the second half of his rookie year. Or maybe he pulls an Arian Foster and is the #1 fantasy back this year. But 1 game ain't enough to make that assessment.

Blount is a HOF'er? :wacko: