[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cam Newton

Duchess Jack

On top of everything else, Newton has a ton of charisma. Last year at Auburn he really worked the crowd and got them going before the game even started. War Cam Eagle was the cry. There are a lot of talented football players who just can't relate to the fans, Montana occurs to me. As a player in a business that is entertainment first, he is a double threat. He will have a great announcing career after football.

After watching Cam struggle behind a terrible O line throughout the preseason, I was definitely surprised to see him light it up yesterday. With that being said, Cam has the "it" factor that most great QBs possess. As an Auburn alumni, I can attest to the fact that Cam went through a ton of adversity last year. The week ESPN broke the story about Cam's dad talked to Miss State boosters about money, he went through something that most of us can't even imagine. Most players would have cracked under that type of pressure and scrutiny, but instead Cam led the team on the field the next weekend and played one of his best games of the season. The kid is literally unflappable. I am sure he will have some growing pains this year, but I have never seen a player who works harder or responds better in the clutch when the game is on the line.

If you drafted him as your backup QB, I think you would be crazy to trade him now unless someone is willing to pay an incredible price. After watching him yesterday, unless you own one of the top 4 or 5 QBs, he could easily be the guy the ends up winning you your league at the end of the season. Other than Vick, there really isn't anyone else who has the capability to put up the number of rushing and passing TDs that Cam could in any given week.

I say all of this without owning him on any of my teams though. I honestly thought the panthers would be so bad this year that it would be impossible for Cam to be a viable fantasy QB. They proved me wrong yesterday. He was unowned in one of my leagues and I had the #1 WW priority so I'm happy to be adding him to one of my teams.

Edited by runner2847

He was unowned in one of my leagues and I had the #1 WW priority so I'm happy to be adding him to one of my teams.

Same here

let me guess

you had a better team than waiver #1 would suggest but you either got Welker Brady or Tolbert this week

I got Killed by all 3 starting against me, god I hate this game sometimes