[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Peyton for MVP

Rovers

I doubt if there has ever been any other single player in the history of the NFL that had a bigger impact on his team's fortunes than Manning. I'm sure some people will point to how dismally the Colts defense played against the Texans, but that defense was built to protect a lead, a lead Manning used to create early nearly all the time. With no Manning, the Colts are a bad football team. There is no lead to protect, no passing game for Freeney and that one dimensional Colts D to tee off on.

After the Jets lost to Indy in the 2009 season playoffs, I maintained that the Jets were the better team, despite the loss, less the QB position. Manning has carried this team on his back, he is one of the very best QB's in the history of the NFL, and now that point will be made with the clarity of glass.... a magnifying glass.

One could agrue that Brady is as good, but Brady plays for a very good team and an incredibly good coach. When Brady went down, NE didn't suck, in fact they were still pretty good. Not so with the Colts. The Colts were ALL Manning, and not much else. Now, that point is being proven.

At least NE has the foresight to be prepared for a key loss, like a Brady, Indy's solution? Kerry Collins? The entire franchise, from the GM, front office and their success has been fueled by one player, one of the all time greats, a QB who has carried them on his back for a decade. Now we get to see just how bad the rest of this Colts team really is, and pretty much has been.

People used to whine about Manning having not won a Super Bowl. He did, and he was the SOLE reason the Colts got a trophy. There is talent in spots, but as a team, it's been all about Manning and his greatness and his ability to make other players play better than their talent level. That even extends to the Colt's defense.

Manning, perhaps the most valuable single player of all time in the NFL.

..and he'll be even more valuable...sitting on the bench all year. Indy wins the Andrew Luck sweepstakes and that allows Luck to learn from Manning for the last couple years of his new contract.

Duh...winning. :wacko:

I heard Luck has Tiger Blood.