[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How Did You Start Your FF Season

Footballjoe

Lost Manning and had to play my backup. ( 16 teams and not much to pick from off waivers) . And with names like Rice, Burress along with the ski players Gronkowski and Janikowski I went from thinking I would lose my first two games ( Double Headers in the first 3 weeks) to breaking our league record for points and 2-0.

Wow, just hope I can keep it going.

7-11, including a few double-headers. Not too concerned... There were a few players who didn't produce (who I thought would have), and a few who had what might end up being their best week of the season. One thing I've definitely learned, over the years, is to not put too much emphasis on Week 1... When I make a knee-jerk reaction based on one week, it usually ends up costing me later (either dropping someone too early, or picking up a one-week wonder). So, I'll browse the waiver wire, surely, but I don't plan on making a ton of moves, unless something really sticks out to me.

The good thing is that I avoided most of the players who had key injuries... I don't have guys like Kaeding, Beason, Berry, etc. on any of my teams (and over half of my leagues are IDP). The bad news is that I started 0-2 in a couple of leagues that had opening week double-headers... Not a good start. :wacko:

11-13

I lost a couple heartbreakers with McFadden getting tackled on the one yard line last night but I was able to avoid the injury bug for the most part. Put up a couple 2-0s in a three leagues that feature week 1 doubleheaders.