[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 1 waivers

Grits and Shins

I always hate week 1 waivers ... so many players I want .... nobody I am ready to drop ...

I'm sure these will be the waiver wire darlings in my local this morning:

Henne

Grossman

Cadillac Williams

Sproles

Devery Henderson

Doucet

Cam Newton

Fred Davis

Jabar Gaffney

Disagree with Doucett and D Henderson someone else can have. Too inconsistant. He's a waiver wonder EVERY year, and then he flops for a few weeks, get dropped and then goes off the following week. I've been in league where he's picked up and dropped multiple times in a single season.

Cam Newton

Fred Davis

Jabar Gaffney

Disagree with Doucett and D Henderson someone else can have. Too inconsistant. He's a waiver wonder EVERY year, and then he flops for a few weeks, get dropped and then goes off the following week. I've been in league where he's picked up and dropped multiple times in a single season.

Whether you disagree or not ... somebody in my league will jump on them

I always hate week 1 waivers ... so many players I want .... nobody I am ready to drop ...

I'm sure these will be the waiver wire darlings in my local this morning:

Henne

Grossman

Cadillac Williams

Sproles

Devery Henderson

Doucet

everyone of them are owned in my (3) big leagues ( 14 team dynasty ) with 21 spot rosters

In my 16 team local (return yardage & PPR)

RB

Graham

WR

Cobb

Ginn Jr (won't touch him)

Decker

Doucet

Baldwin

TE

Chandler

Dickson

King

Moore

Fasano

Of those, the only one's I'm considering are Cobb & Moore. I'll cut Kerry Collins for either one with Stafford & Kolb rostered.

RB

Graham

WR

Cobb

Ginn Jr (won't touch him)

Decker

Doucet

Baldwin

TE

Chandler

Dickson

King

Moore

Fasano

Of those, the only one's I'm considering are Cobb & Moore. I'll cut Kerry Collins for either one with Stafford & Kolb rostered.

I really like this kid a lot ,, even was on the waivers last week and I bid $6 ,, ( blind bidding ) he was nabbed up for $7 and i'm feeling stupid but I looked over everyone's roster and didn't see any owners in need enough for a TE to bid on him ,, so now I'm trying to trade for him but price is too high the owner wants a 2nd & 3rd round pick

I've got Ed Dickson over Moore right now. If there's such thing as a TEBC, I like the Dickson half of Dickson/Ditta better than the Moore half of Watson/Moore.

You think Moore is going to outshine Watson? I'm not saying you're wrong - is he used (pardon the pun) more or in different ways?

Edited by The Waterboy

I really like this kid a lot ,, even was on the waivers last week and I bid $6 ,, ( blind bidding ) he was nabbed up for $7 and i'm feeling stupid but I looked over everyone's roster and didn't see any owners in need enough for a TE to bid on him ,, so now I'm trying to trade for him but price is too high the owner wants a 2nd & 3rd round pick

I'm leaving him on the waiver wire this week because he likely won't get looked at by my league-mates with Watson scoring well and a few TEs doing better like Chandler & Dickson. I may switch out Kendricks for him in a few weeks if he's still there.

ETA: Yes, I know I contradicted myself from above. But knowing how my league-mates rush for the hot WW pickups I think I can wait on him.

Edited by rajncajn

I've got Ed Dickson over Moore right now. If there's such thing as a TEBC, I like the Dickson half of Dickson/Ditta better than the Moore half of Watson/Moore.

You think Moore is going to outshine Watson? I'm not saying you're wrong - is he used (pardon the pun) more or in different ways?

You could be right and in fact I like the QB situation much better in BAL. However, Moore is basically playing as a TE with WR skills. He's a lot more athletic than Watson and should do much better in yardage and near equal in TD opportunities.

i got a feeling this one kid in my league will pick up chandler from the bills. I don't see him doing that that often.

My WW has Moore, Watson and dickson. Was looking at those 3 I have owen daniels but I don't trust him at the moment especially with schaub as my QB.

Thoughts on who's the best pickup? (i have room on my bench so I'd be keeping daniels for now)

You could be right and in fact I like the QB situation much better in BAL. However, Moore is basically playing as a TE with WR skills. He's a lot more athletic than Watson and should do much better in yardage and near equal in TD opportunities.

Yeah, I read he beat a DB on a slant for the TD. That's pretty encouraging. I'm torn, Moore sounds like a good option. Goodluck.

IMHO, I think Henne's going to surprise this year. Miami's lead back is a guy who's biggest asset to the team appears to be catching passes out of the backfield.

Massaquoi - seems the talk of Greg Little is/was a bit premature?

Hope some of you grabbed Tate last week like I was hyping... but started him in week 1 like I did NOT, and stuck with Mendenhall and Greene. (Hey, a broken clock's right twice a day too, eh?)

"Are you using the full fist there doc? Moooooooon riverrrrrrrr....."

Thoughts on Brandon Gibson?

Dude's got hands of stone, or at least he did last weekend. But then again, from where I was sitting this weekend, almost all of the Rams receivers did. If you're happy with consistent inconsistency, then go for it. And now Bradford's got throwing-hand issues. Not too many of us here in STL seem high on him, but then again, we aren't on the coaching staff. Something about "no touchy with 10 foot pole" comes to mind... Just my :wacko:

Dude's got hands of stone, or at least he did last weekend. But then again, from where I was sitting this weekend, almost all of the Rams receivers did. If you're happy with consistent inconsistency, then go for it. And now Bradford's got throwing-hand issues. Not too many of us here in STL seem high on him, but then again, we aren't on the coaching staff. Something about "no touchy with 10 foot pole" comes to mind... Just my :wacko:

I dropped MSW for much the same reason ...

Starting to waffle now Ed Dickson & Evan Moore. Putting in a waiver for both and dropping Collins and Denarius Moore. Not sure how I feel about having 4 TEs on my squad if I get them both, but if worse comes to worse I can start 3 if need beI already have Finely & Kendricks. Hoping I get Cobb with the first round and end up with the better of the two in the 2nd.

Starting to waffle now Ed Dickson & Evan Moore. Putting in a waiver for both and dropping Collins and Denarius Moore. Not sure how I feel about having 4 TEs on my squad if I get them both, but if worse comes to worse I can start 3 if need beI already have Finely & Kendricks. Hoping I get Cobb with the first round and end up with the better of the two in the 2nd.

I should have grabbed Fred Davis but missed out ... so I jumped on Ed Dickson. I passed on Evan Moore because I think he will share more with Watson than Dickson shares with Pita (sp?). I just don't know what I'm going to do week 5 when both Witten and Dickson are off ... guess I'll worry about that in week 5.